This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Alteran Queries

OK, I've got some Alteran/Lantean queries boggling me. Your answers would be greatly appreciated (otherwise this thread is dead) So anyway:

QUERY #1: Why is it that every time Ancients leave somewhere in a ship (Ark of Truth, Rising, Part 1), they always get some vertical height like a rocket, slowly up, then and a big energy blast that blasts them upwards. How come Rodney McKay could never make the Atlantis City Ship do that? IT could have been really useful in First Strike.

QUERY #2: Have they ever mentioned in canon how exactly they produce ZPM's? Everytime they think ZPM's, they think of pirate-hunting for one across the Galaxy. There might be a dormant ZPM-producing factory out there! I mean, suffice it to say, they are supposed to be the equivalent of generator-batteries (<made up, like if you could have a generator, like a battery, it would be a ZPM, i know that isnt how it works, but you know)

QUERY #3: YOu know, I think the Alterans are really stupid sometimes (it could be me, but listen to this>) You know how Merlin created that Out of Phase thing, and SG-1 have encoutered other Ancient out-of-phase things. You know what I don't get? Why not jsut incorporate it into their ships/puddlejumpers. That could make them untouchable, and unseeable - literally, as if they didnt exist, but since they are extremely smart, make a field that weapons fire can pass out of phase, to harm people. Yes, it's very dangerous, as if you get stuck out of phase... WHich brings me to a very odd query...

QUERY #4: Can you ascend out of phase?

UPDATE - QUERY #5: Why on Earth does the Atlantis City Ship have a large room, which might have well been the equivalent of a dining hall, but no kitchen? I just don't see the link!

Please respond!
    Last edited by hamatau'ri; 01 November 2008, 12:53 AM.

Originally posted by hamatau'ri View Post
    OK, I've got some Alteran/Lantean queries boggling me. Your answers would be greatly appreciated (otherwise this thread is dead) So anyway:

QUERY #1: Why is it that every time Ancients leave somewhere in a ship (Ark of Truth, Rising, Part 1), they always get some vertical height like a rocket, slowly up, then and a big energy blast that blasts them upwards. How come Rodney McKay could never make the Atlantis City Ship do that? IT could have been really useful in First Strike.

QUERY #2: Have they ever mentioned in canon how exactly they produce ZPM's? Everytime they think ZPM's, they think of pirate-hunting for one across the Galaxy. There might be a dormant ZPM-producing factory out there! I mean, suffice it to say, they are supposed to be the equivalent of generator-batteries (<made up, like if you could have a generator, like a battery, it would be a ZPM, i know that isnt how it works, but you know)

QUERY #3: YOu know, I think the Alterans are really stupid sometimes (it could be me, but listen to this>) You know how Merlin created that Out of Phase thing, and SG-1 have encoutered other Ancient out-of-phase things. You know what I don't get? Why not jsut incorporate it into their ships/puddlejumpers. That could make them untouchable, and unseeable - literally, as if they didnt exist, but since they are extremely smart, make a field that weapons fire can pass out of phase, to harm people. Yes, it's very dangerous, as if you get stuck out of phase... WHich brings me to a very odd query...

Please respond!
    1. don't know
    2. They say they built them, that's as far as they go towards explaining it. The less there is to explain, the better (for the writers )
    3. well merlin made that after he descended from ascension and he kept the knowledge of an ascended being so the ancients didn't have that higher level of thinking when they were mortals, either that or he used magic
    4. technically, ascension is when you become pure energy and enter a different plane of existence which is probably another phase so u would probably just go to the "ascension phase".

KEEP IT CLEAN
    Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
    Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

This has something to do with them having only 1 ZPM instead of 3 like the Ancient had.

They only mentioned they are searching the ancient database stored in Atlantis for the instructions on how to make 1, i cannot recall the episode, but i am 100% sure Weir said it to Zelenka, when he needed to use McKay compressionratio to copy most of the database to harddrives.

The sodancloak bands are dangerous, the emmit some kinda radiation. They tried to shut down some safetyprotocolls, but that made these weird bug creatures appear out of nowhere. So this tech isnt 100% safe. The sodancloak isnt even sure to be of ancient design. Merlin's device does do almost the same thing, only you dont carry it around with you on your arm. This device was created by Merlin after he descended with all the knowledge of when he was ascended. So the ancients in their unascended form could possibly not have the tech to make this device for their ships etc. Merlin got this knowledge as an ascended is most likely.

My opinion:It should be possible, but it has never been stated or mentioned though.

Comment

1. LOOK AT IT!! it looks like it takes massive amounts of power to do that, 3 zpms at the least!!!

2. there is an entire thread for this, but i'll give you the gist. most people think that that is what the third movie is going to be about. the dormant factory is basically the most popular idea

3.i have no idea

4. wolverine_nl, it most certainly has been mentioned. THE FOURTH HORSE MAN!!!! duh! Orlin goes OUT OF PHASE, with the help of the ascended ancients, (duh). so an answer to your question, yes
        Last edited by Anon; 26 October 2008, 04:49 PM. Reason: for got to answer #4

sigpic
        Sig made by squirrely1
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
        *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Originally posted by Gavatarman View Post

4. wolverine_nl, it most certainly has been mentioned. THE FOURTH HORSE MAN!!!! duh! Orlin goes OUT OF PHASE, with the help of the ascended ancients, (duh). so an answer to your question, yes
          Orlin goes out of phase??? when does this happen??? I only recall Carter and Mitchell going out of phase in another episode.
          Whats with the "duh" smartypants
          Orlin descended, maybe you should check your stargate library again and re-read the original question very carefully.
          If some1 is ascended, then it is not always likely they are visible, they can choose to make themselves visible, like Daniel did in the elevator with Jack.
          The original question was if you could ascend (you or me) while you are out of phase.
          There is no proof or established facts on that answer. It can only be a guess.
          ...duh!

Comment

Duh is so 1997. Besides that, Wolverine is right! Gavatarman Orlin did not get out of phase in the fourth horseman! The child lost most of his memories and became kinda retarded! Check the episode again!
            Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Zedd View Post
              Duh is so 1997. Besides that, Wolverine is right! Gavatarman Orlin did not get out of phase in the fourth horseman! The child lost most of his memories and became kinda retarded! Check the episode again!
              Hhahaha retarded LOL
              That deserves some green jelly

Comment

Well now, thank you, but as Daniel said in the Pegasus Project, "I need more". I'm sorry, but there's one query I forgot to add. i've updated the title post aswell.
                Why on Earth does the Atlantis City Ship have a large room, which might have well been the equivalent of a dining hall, but no kitchen? I just don't see the link!

Comment

Well now, thank you, but as Daniel said in the Pegasus Project, "I need more". I'm sorry, but there's one query I forgot to add. i've updated the title post aswell.
                  Why on Earth does the Atlantis City Ship have a large room, which might have well been the equivalent of a dining hall, but no kitchen? I just don't see the link!
                  What makes you think they don't?

Comment

It's just like not showing the bathroom and the toilets lol

Comment

UPDATE - QUERY #5: Why on Earth does the Atlantis City Ship have a large room, which might have well been the equivalent of a dining hall, but no kitchen? I just don't see the link!

Please respond!
                      1: it has been said her , we only had 1 zpm the other time they had 3 or more ( wich says they had started making zpms in the ori galaxy)

2: they draw power from subspace into the crystal

3:merlin made his out of phase thec when he had ascended and come back again whit a ascended knowleadge

4: why not

5: plot hole, i think

Comment

I think I saw a Starbucks on Atlantis.
                        My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
                          I think I saw a Starbucks on Atlantis.
                          and a McDonalds

Comment

Working...
                          X