Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

becasue it failed last time they need to either put in an iris system first and than they should still keep atleast 10 soldiers there but i guess they just didn't feel like buolding it again....
    sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

While I agree that MWS was too convenient, I think that if it is indeed rebuilt, the IRIS is not an option. The station was also way too small and didn't have nearly enough security personnel.

Instead of having 1 large gate room with the 2 gates, you could build 2 "wings" of the station, each having their own little gate room and control booth (somewhere with a window - not directly in the room like the MW Alpha Site was). In some ways, I'm thinking the general shape of the Akritirian prison station in Star Trek.

It would have 2 gate wings and a central complex. The gate wings would each be slightly smaller than the gate room in the old MWS, and each have a control room that controls that section of the gate bridge. The central complex would contain another control room (at the top - not directly accessible from anywhere meaning you have to take an elevator) that controls station functions and can lock down the station preventing one or both stargates from dialing out - but not preventing gates from dialing in. Cargo facilities and prep rooms would be on the same "level" as the gate rooms; and living quarters, support facilities (cafeteria/infirmary/labs/engineering sections), and perhaps docking facilities for one or more of the 304's in the central complex.

Image: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/me..._satellite.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by JeffKnight View Post
        While I agree that MWS was too convenient, I think that if it is indeed rebuilt, the IRIS is not an option. The station was also way too small and didn't have nearly enough security personnel.

Instead of having 1 large gate room with the 2 gates, you could build 2 "wings" of the station, each having their own little gate room and control booth (somewhere with a window - not directly in the room like the MW Alpha Site was). In some ways, I'm thinking the general shape of the Akritirian prison station in Star Trek.

It would have 2 gate wings and a central complex. The gate wings would each be slightly smaller than the gate room in the old MWS, and each have a control room that controls that section of the gate bridge. The central complex would contain another control room (at the top - not directly accessible from anywhere meaning you have to take an elevator) that controls station functions and can lock down the station preventing one or both stargates from dialing out - but not preventing gates from dialing in. Cargo facilities and prep rooms would be on the same "level" as the gate rooms; and living quarters, support facilities (cafeteria/infirmary/labs/engineering sections), and perhaps docking facilities for one or more of the 304's in the central complex.

Image: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/me..._satellite.jpg
        I like that it could work well.

Comment

Working...
        X