This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
    My guess is one of colonies wanted a Atlantis to help protect them and to do it with style.
    Wouldn't the copy of Atlantis most likely have a interglactic hyperdrive? I know its probably in not so good condition but still they (Wraith) could backward engineer one.
    the copy of Atlantis most likely has an intergalactic drive. we know it has some kind of hyper drive cuz Mckay tried to turn it on to drain the ZPM. the Wraith could backward engineer one, they seem smart enough to do so. since the Atlantis seen the "Tower" is still there, the Wraith don't know that it's still there.
    if you see a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a photon torpedo.

Comment

Originally posted by sldghamr View Post
      sssooo, race the 1/4 light year???

first one to Abydos and back wins??

or how about who can fly closest to a Black Hole without getting drawn in??

who can fly closest to a Star without shields failing??

my money is on the ship with mckay on board.....

Comment

Or the loop of Kongarat-the Hebridan race LOL

And the Ancients are in the lead as we head into the combat area-oooooooooooooo the Ancients flew into all of the weapons without a scatrch LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
          Or the loop of Kongarat-the Hebridan race LOL

And the Ancients are in the lead as we head into the combat area-oooooooooooooo the Ancients flew into all of the weapons without a scatrch LOL
          mckays on board......

Comment

I thought from the looks of the Auxiliary control room that city ship in The Tower predates Atlantis.
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

nah...it was just gutted to make room for "stuff". What we should do is go back with the deadalus and apollo and start beaming rock off it. get it all fixed up and fly it back to MW, obv we'll just give them a sgc in a mountin.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                nah...it was just gutted to make room for "stuff". What we should do is go back with the deadalus and apollo and start beaming rock off it. get it all fixed up and fly it back to MW, obv we'll just give them a sgc in a mountin.
                sounds like a plan.....how long is it going to take again and do we have enough spare parts..we cant exactly call the AA (or in america AAA)plus will those dumb guys at the ioa give us enough money out the budget to undertake a task?

Comment

I believe that back in MW, there are many outposts throughout the galaxy, they built Atlantis as their flagship city ship on Earth which probably was their homeworld in the MW but reports of a plague was sweeping throughout the MW galaxy, so they chose to move to another galaxy.

In the PG, there were probably various outposts as well but they all got destroyed by the Wraith. (The Wraith was at war with the Ancients). The Ancients were building another city ship for launch elsewhere to another galaxy thinking they can repeat what they did in the MW in essence; they were planning to send a group of Ancients to another galaxy much like an expedition, meanwhile they were overly-confident thinking that they can defeat the Wraith. Cos like Daniel Jackson said back in "Rising", maybe that's what Ancients do, they launch to other galaxies, but it didn't go to plan the Wraith attacked them hard, they were crippled, beginning to lack resources as they lost control of worlds one by one so they slowly retreated back to Atlantis and the city ship in the PG was abandoned.

Then everything as they say is history, they were besieged, sank Atlantis then they evacuated back to Earth, lived out the remainder of their lives, seeding pockets of civilisation throughout Earth.
                  Last edited by JackHarkness_Hot; 26 October 2008, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Perhaps to do a trick Star Wars did. A-bit off topic but sort-of relevent. General Grevous's ship the "Invisible Hand" had a sister ship "The Lucid Voice" and they would frequently switch routes to confuse the enemy. What if the Lanteans were trying to do something similar with Atlantis so the Wraith would attack the wrong one and give the Lanteans enough time to recouperate????

Comment

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post
                      So Proclarush Taonas means the world is called Proclarush, and the cityship is Taonas.
                      In season 7, episode 22 of SG-1, it is firmly established by Daniel (with Jack's help) that the gate symbols were also phonic sounds. "Proklarush Taonas At" is both the name given for the planet and a phonetic sounding of the actual gate address.

JACKSON: Jack, what're you doing?

O'NEILL (gesturing down to the patch): At.

CARTER: What?

O'NEILL (looking across at her): At.

JACKSON (gesturing to the patch): This?

O'NEILL: At.

JACKSON: That is At?

O'NEILL: You can stop ... that. And don't ask me what it means -- I don't know.

JACKSON: I think I do. (He opens his notebook and draws one of the Stargate symbols [Canis Minor], then shows it to Jack). What's this?

O'NEILL: Shh. (Daniel and Sam glance at each other, then back at Jack. He looks back and forth between them.) Well?

CARTER: You just told us to be quiet.

O'NEILL: No -- when I look at this (pointing to the drawing) I think 'Shh'.

JACKSON: That's it.

CARTER: What?

JACKSON (turning back to another page in his notebook): 'Proklarush Taonas'. Six syllables. What if each symbol on the Stargate has a corresponding sound so that it can be spoken aloud?

CARTER: Like an alphabet.

JACKSON: Proklarush Taonas isn't just the name of the planet. It's also the Gate address.

S.G.C. CONTROL ROOM. Daniel is showing a page of his notebook to Doctor Weir. He and Jack must have worked out between them which Gate symbols the six syllables refer to, because he has drawn six symbols and is now drawing Earth's point of origin symbol.

JACKSON: 'At' is the Earth symbol -- our point of origin. Proklarush Taonas At.
                      Can ye tell me why th' pirate jokes are so funny?

Because they Arrrrrrr.

Comment

Ganthet Jr, I don't know, Taonas as the name of the city ship? It's working progress imo.

There's a higher chance that the world is called Proklarushtaonas. Like Occulus said Proklarushtaonas is the name of the planet and serves as the phonetic sounding of the gate address.

Comment

Originally posted by sldghamr View Post
                          the copy of Atlantis most likely has an intergalactic drive. we know it has some kind of hyper drive cuz Mckay tried to turn it on to drain the ZPM. the Wraith could backward engineer one, they seem smart enough to do so. since the Atlantis seen the "Tower" is still there, the Wraith don't know that it's still there.
                          yes. todd should infiltrate and become aware of this.
                          sigpic
                          i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Working...
                          X