This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expedition vs. ...Something Else

It's been five years now. The people occupying Atlantis have done a lot for the Pegasus galaxy. So why are still calling them the Pegasus Expedition? Surely it's time to call them something else, something more fitting such a permanent place in the Pegasus Irregular Dwarf Galaxy? Perhaps the Pegasus Contingent, or something similar?

What say you?
    It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
    --J.R.R. Tolkien

I don't think it really matters that much does it... Same sh** different spelling.
    The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

Normally I'd agree, but since the series is ending and I suspect they'll be coming home from Atlantis for the last time, the term "Expedition" seems fitting.
      sigpic
      ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
        Normally I'd agree, but since the series is ending and I suspect they'll be coming home from Atlantis for the last time, the term "Expedition" seems fitting.
        I doubt they will be coming home a final time. They will continue exploring the PG for years off screen.
        "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
        - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Yeah, how would there be a series of movies about them if they came home?

Movie one, they defeat this knew enemy

movie two, shepard goes grocery shopping

movie three, Mckay yells at Zalenka over long-distance telephone call

they just dont have the same magic as they would if they stayed in Pegasus

Comment

I agree, the Atlantis "Expedition" was the name it was given back when nobody thought they'd ever be able to get back to Earth. Now they communicate regularly with the SGC, travel back and forth to Earth, etc. So... how about if they call it the Atlantis Outpost? After all, it's now a small outpost of the Milky Way Galaxy.

Comment

How about they just call it... Atlantis.

Comment

evan if the show ends they are still going to be on atlantis atleast in stor line because do u think that they would give up an ancient city with great potential and power
                sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

Originally posted by SGAtlantisP60 View Post
                  evan if the show ends they are still going to be on atlantis atleast in stor line because do u think that they would give up an ancient city with great potential and power
                  I agree. They wouldn't abandon Atlantis, with all the power and knowledge in the city. I'm sure they'll continue their explorations offscreen, even though we'd like them better onscreen...

I don't think a more permanent name is needed. The Atlantis Expedition is an expedition to explore a new galaxy. As far as I know, they're still doing that.

Comment

Working...
                  X