Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the point of the Atlantis Expedition/Outpost now?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the point of the Atlantis Expedition/Outpost now?

When the expedition first left Earth, it was supposed to be to bring back new technologies of the Ancients that we could use to combat alien aggressors. Well even though we have all the Puddle Jumpers, none of them are being sent home...

We were initially there because we had a duty to protect people against the Wraith, well that threadt has ebbed, as, I believe as the threat of Michael. The threat we created in the form of the Asurans is gone... and granted, that gave us a brief reason to stay but...

What is the current MANDATE of the Expedition?

If it's to wipe out the Wraith, then why aren't operations against them being stepped up? Why isn't Atlantis being used as a full on military platform to launch attacks against them with a Brigadier-General heading up the military contingient?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    When the expedition first left Earth, it was supposed to be to bring back new technologies of the Ancients that we could use to combat alien aggressors. Well even though we have all the Puddle Jumpers, none of them are being sent home...

We were initially there because we had a duty to protect people against the Wraith, well that threadt has ebbed, as, I believe as the threat of Michael. The threat we created in the form of the Asurans is gone... and granted, that gave us a brief reason to stay but...

If it's to wipe out the Wraith, then why aren't operations against them being stepped up? Why isn't Atlantis being used as a full on military platform to launch attacks against them with a Brigadier-General heading up the military contingient?
    At this point it is pure explaratory. It seems. Yes they have a military contigent there to defend themselves, and anyone else that they need to if they can. But it has never been that big a deal. We are there for curiousity, just to explore the area, and the Galaxy.

Comment

Actually, when the Expedition first left Atlantis, they knew it was a one-way trip.

The Wraith are far from being obsolete, though their power has pretty much shaken substantially over the past few years from internal fighting, war with Atlantis, war with the Asurans, and about to be war with this alien race.

Scientific study, military outpost, refuge and sanctuary.

Atlantis is in a period of pseudo-isolationism. We're only getting involved when we HAVE to get involved.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Todd is the future of the Wraith, so they can't wipe them all out. Todd would move against them, bring the Wraith back together over a common ground, and then Atlantis will get their butts kicked.

To avoid that, avoid actively fighting the Wraith, and just continue exploring.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

To boldly go where no man has gone before...Rodney's closet.
          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Sekrit Gaye Slash Agenda, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
              To boldly go where no man has gone before...Rodney's closet.
              But there's the question, WHO is in Rodney's closet?

Comment

^Sam
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Initially I was thinking of all the moldy old food he must have in there but since ya all came up with....

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                  Sekrit Gaye Slash Agenda, eh?
                  Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                  But there's the question, WHO is in Rodney's closet?
                  Ronon is in Rodney's closet. He has a secret fetish for cheetos and can only find the spicy, tongue turning blue kind, hidden deep in the recesses of Rodney's closet.

BUT Teyla also knows of Rodney's secret stash of junk food and she has a secret craving for hostess cup cakes. Hence, Tela and Ronon share a secret in Rodney's closet.

However, Sheppard also knows about the stash of earth goodies and he has a secret thing for twinkies.

Thus, we have a twinky, a cheeto and a cup cake all hid in Rodney's closet.

Poor Rodney...he comes to his closet after a long day of fighting wraith to find nothing but crumbs and wrappers on the floor. Which is why he's always hungry. So now Rodney is out of the closet.
                  Last edited by Jackie; 06 September 2008, 02:51 PM.

Comment

LOL@Jackie. I bet Sheppard is in the closet with the cache of hairgel and powerbars

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                      LOL@Jackie. I bet Sheppard is in the closet with the cache of hairgel and powerbars
                      wouldn't that be in sheppard's closet...along with the old Johny Cash albums and 70's leisure suit?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                        wouldn't that be in sheppard's closet...along with the old Johny Cash albums and 70's leisure suit?
                        Sheppard is man of good taste.

Just look at his car.

Comment

To answer the original question...

Chicks, dude, chicks. /sarcasm

Comment

This is a question better suited to TPTB. I'm not convinced they even know.

Comment

I always thought that they were sending stuff back to Area 51. I know in the Return p-1 Rodney was at Area 51 and Dr. Lee was working on the jumper at the SGC.
                              Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Working...
                              X