X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbellanca View Post
    http://torrentfreak.com/10-most-pira...orrent-080826/

So Stargate: Atlantis is now the most downloaded TV show via BitTorrent, and it still gets cancelled. Too bad they don't count all these viewers in the Nielson ratings.
    Yeah, they could take down your IP for neilsen ratings then send it to the MPAA.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
      We are always behind the uk tv wise! Interactive sports, for example is great over there. I remember watching Wimbledon and you could select any court you wanted to watch on the same channel. I heard they had a lot of interactive content for the Olympics too. Some people are still using bunny ears in the US, BUNNYEARS!

I would kill for some freeview with a dvr recorder. If I turned on a regular tv here I'd get 7 channels, not all would come in clearly and assorted spanish tv and one or two chineese and pbs, yay.
      I am not complaining about our tv in general. And eurosport covers almost everything , when it comes to sports. Greek tv is quite ritch, with good comedy, witch is cool for me, and theater, witch is cooler(Yes we are that sick with it, we watch theater in tv). But sci fi ... well is out of question...
      What is bunnyears?
      and are u serius that you are behind UK tv wise? i thought us leaded the way...
      Spoiler:
      APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
      (YEAR 0 - 100)
      "O thou Sun,
      send me as far over the earth
      as is my pleasure and thine,
      and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
      but never hear anything of bad ones,
      nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
        I am not complaining about our tv in general. And eurosport covers almost everything , when it comes to sports. Greek tv is quite ritch, with good comedy, witch is cool for me, and theater, witch is cooler(Yes we are that sick with it, we watch theater in tv). But sci fi ... well is out of question...
        What is bunnyears?
        and are u serius that you are behind UK tv wise? i thought us leaded the way...
        About the only thing we had first was a few HD channels and both the tvs and service was expensive back then. You already had to have the movie channels to get their HD versions. If not you still paid the $13 but got less HD channels. Directv offered about a dozen Hd channels. There were more hd channels at the time but you didn't get offered all of them.( National Geographic, for example) The uk came out with sky hd sometime in 2006. Basic cable channels like Scifi only went mainstream hd in the us last november/december.(directv)
        Interactive stuff which started last November is limited from checking the weather and lotto to pay-to-play kids games. I remember using teletext ages ago. Don't have on demand, that's another $50 if you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
          Last time I looked Neither Stargate series is streamed officially on Sci-Fi or MGM's website. If it were however... I think an official internet presence would be better so people don't resort to Torrents which aren't considered during renewal time.
          Interesting idea because I find myself using Hulu.com (Legal Streamed TV Shows/Movies) even when the DVR in the living room is recording Eureka. The thing you have to do is watch a 30 second commercial every 15 minutes, which isn't bad. However, the only programs produced by MGM that I have seen streamed online was through NetFlixx WatchNow but that isn't free, a cost of $8.99/month you don't have to watch any advertisements to watch TV shows/movies there.

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
          exactly my point.

Eureka has more people watching it live and less people using Bit Torrent to watch it.

I would rather Advertise during Eureka whether or not more people are downloading Atlantis online....
          One thing about Eureka is that it is streamed Legally on Hulu.com and SciFi.com
          So that could be playing with the BitTorrent numbers.

I would love it if they put Stargate on Hulu but i doubt it will ever happen.
          Last edited by OhioanKev; 06 September 2008, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
            About the only thing we had first was a few HD channels and both the tvs and service was expensive back then. You already had to have the movie channels to get their HD versions. If not you still paid the $13 but got less HD channels. Directv offered about a dozen Hd channels. There were more hd channels at the time but you didn't get offered all of them.( National Geographic, for example) The uk came out with sky hd sometime in 2006. Basic cable channels like Scifi only went mainstream hd in the us last november/december.(directv)
            Interactive stuff which started last November is limited from checking the weather and lotto to pay-to-play kids games. I remember using teletext ages ago. Don't have on demand, that's another $50 if you want it.

We pay for HD to ;(, when it comes to private channels but the
            National channel went HD on half the country about a year ago ;/.
            It's expanding....we aren't much of a country when it comes to size you know (lol).
            Spoiler:
            APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
            (YEAR 0 - 100)
            "O thou Sun,
            send me as far over the earth
            as is my pleasure and thine,
            and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
            but never hear anything of bad ones,
            nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Working...