Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis is being canceled? No way......

Comment

Originally posted by sinfuldraconis View Post
      Many actors/actresses have done that because they feel their roles are getting old or tired or they just want to start something new. Other things become priority in their lives, such as RDA. This happens more than you may realize, at least from your comment since it seems like you're saying no one does it.
      yeah, but how many actors have the choice? Seems to me, RDA had the choice, and pulled out while the going was good. SGA has been 'untimely ripp'd' from the grasp of the cast...do you really think they'd give up the golden goose if they didn't have something else to go onto?

Sure, Rachel might take time-out to be a mum like Amanda did, but ultimately she'd be trying to get back to work. Acting is such an uncertain profession that being a regular on a long-running TV show is infinitely better than going back to square one and doing the audition rat-race...
      sigpic
      My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

Originally posted by raistlin View Post
        dont even bother watching the reruns on scifi, watch the DVDs and in syndication elsewhere. SciFi is turning into Fox with their cancellation tendencies.
        Cancellation tendencies? SG-1 rans for 5 years. Atlantis ran for 5 years. Painkiller Jane was crap. So was Flash Gordon. Battlestar Galactica wasn't their decision. Eureka has legs. Sc-Fi is nowhere near FOX's reputation for cancelling good shows before they have a chance to gain an audience.

Comment

I knowit is nt over yet but I thought I should say goodbye now. SG-1 and the SGA team were my heroes, I kept watching to see what new and exciting event would unfold. It just won't be the same without them. We know boycotting won't work, I'm sorry but I just know it won't. So here it is: Goodbye Stargate. Those of you who are reading don't flame or make fun of me.

Comment

You sure I'm not allowed to tease...?

Bugger.

Well look, there are new movies and a new series coming out you know...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA/

Comment

/off topic
                Eureka wont last lone because that show is not good and to random.
                Have to disagree with you on that, even though this isn't really the place. I find Eureka to be original, charming, and to have surprising depth and well rounded characterization. Quirkily wonderful.
                /end off topic

Comment

I'm sure you'll want to come back if SGU owns. If it doesn't I guess you made the right choice.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                    You seem to have missed a few episodes.
                    sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Col.Errandboy View Post
                      yeah, but how many actors have the choice? Seems to me, RDA had the choice, and pulled out while the going was good. SGA has been 'untimely ripp'd' from the grasp of the cast...do you really think they'd give up the golden goose if they didn't have something else to go onto?
                      Yes, I do. As far as I know, Jason Momoa doesn't have anything waiting in the wings, but he made the comment about not playing Ronon forever. From what's been said, their contracts were up this year, so they would have had to be renegotiated. Every actor/actress can asked to be released from a role - whether it happens or not is the issue.

I'm sure the actors/actresses on the show had a clue this was coming. If Joe M. could see the writing on the wall, so could they. It shouldn't have come as a shock to any of them, just as it shouldn't have been such a shock to the fans.

This gives the actors/actresses a chance to still play the SGA characters while also finding something else rewarding to do. I think you may be missing my point, though.

Comment

Originally posted by curiousmanners View Post
                        send your emails into scifi lol.. ask for SGA back..

i know i already did.. i also told them that i do watch eureka but now i'm pretty much gonna boycott their station except for the SG reruns
                        Oh Yeah Boy Cott them! They will HAVE TO LISSEN TO A HUNDRED PEOPLE!! COPY AND POST BOYCOTT!!

Comment

I am totally up for a "Save Atlantis" campaign. Not because I think it will do anything good, but it sounds like fun. Lemons.

I feel exactly the same way that I did when SG-1 was canceled, but when I think about 10 years for SG-1 and 5 for Atlantis, I'm amazed that the franchise has been so successful.

I have high hopes that Stargate will continue to be the same quality franchise. I look forward to Stargate Worlds, the upcoming third Stargate series, and plenty of other tie-ins that will carry the franchise into the future.

Damnit, though. Where are the action figures? Where are the video games? Where are the collectible lunch boxes? MGM needs to do a better job of promotion to move the franchise away from the boob tube and into the merchandising giant it can become.

Comment

Everyone says they're going to stop watching SciFi, and you know what the first thing that popped into my head was? This is going to kill Sanctuary, poor Amanda.
                            Yeah, I really can't imagine anything more pointless. The idea of attempting to sink some of the most interesting shows on television, like Sanctuary, Eureka, and (soon - hopefully) Stargate Universe out of personal pique is beyond shortsighted. And that would be the result of a boycott. More wrestling...

Comment

I need some answers.

- when is stargate universe supposed to premier ?
                              - is there/when is there supposed to be a 3rd sg1 film?
                              - if sga end in january then sgu wont be out or the sga movies wont be out for atleats late 2009 early 2010?

Comment

Oh Yeah Boy Cott them! They will HAVE TO LISSEN TO A HUNDRED PEOPLE!! COPY AND POST BOYCOTT!!
                                Now, now. Manners. You don't have to agree with folks, but keep in mind that people are very upset. That's not helping...

when is stargate universe supposed to premier ?
                                No announcements at all yet.
                                - is there/when is there supposed to be a 3rd sg1 film?
                                Yes, but only according to rumors/hints - might film this winter.
                                - if sga end in january then sgu wont be out or the sga movies wont be out for atleats late 2009 early 2010?
                                Probably not, no. I would, personally, expect a 3rd SG-1 movie before either of those, just based on the time needed for development. But that's just a guess.
                                Last edited by amconway; 21 August 2008, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X