Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with some of the things in the OP.

For me, the only amazing season of SGA was the first one and after that it just went downhill. Season 4 definitely hit a low point. As much as I don't like seeing Stargate being cancelled, I'm excited for the fact that SGA cancellation likely means SGU will be up and running soon.

Really looking forward to SGU, brand new idea that sounds interesting and could work really well.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
      I'm excited for the fact that SGA cancellation likely means SGU will be up and running soon.

Really looking forward to SGU, brand new idea that sounds interesting and could work really well.
      I can't even say for cetain at this point that SGU will be anywhere near as good as SG1 or even SGA. No one knows anything about it really, except for some minor details..... SGU better be incredible. If the stargate franchise dies after SGU or as a result of it we will most likely never see anything stargate again
      They Say He Travels The Gate Network Searching The Universe For Powerful Technology, They Call Him...... The Gate Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Traveller View Post
        I can't even say for cetain at this point that SGU will be anywhere near as good as SG1 or even SGA. No one knows anything about it really, except for some minor details..... SGU better be incredible. If the stargate franchise dies after SGU or as a result of it we will most likely never see anything stargate again

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you then. If you want to see more Stargate, you support Stargate. If you want to be the angry fan and score imaginary points on MGM, you can do that too. This is where people can truly step up or have their small victories.
        Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

With all the writers gushing about their love for Keller, and the upcoming love triangle, and how wonderful Lucius and Larrin were, on and on, you would think they would get the idea that we wanted more of what SGA was in the beginning. Its potential was incredible, but bringing in stupid characters, killing off 3 of your 5 regs (Ford, Weir, Beckett), and putting a focus on sexy young things, just doesn't cut it. The only good thing to come out of SGA recently has been Todd, and he isn't enough to keep it going. Hey, maybe we should start a new series with TODD as the lead and have it Wraith-based.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

There's a debate about this in every single thread since the cancellation news, so I thought, let's make a thread where it's not (at least partly) off topic.
            sigpic

Comment

I'll keep it short. I fell in love with this show instantly, enjoyed first two seasons, was kind of meh during the third and stopped watching after "Sunday". I am one of those folks who don't take killing off their favorite characters well. I don't care about "realism" I want a show to entertain me, not make me upset. After my absolutely favorite character was written out- I won't go into whys - that was it, the show kind of died right there.

I am not glad that SGA died, but to me, it died by the end of season 3.
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I was told it was MGM but blame them both for good measure.
                sigpic < Look what happens when you cancel stargate atlantis.

Mirror Mirror is a great maybe a little complicated but great.

Comment

Gateworld says it was Sci-Fi channel that canceled it.

Comment

THEY ARE BOTH TO BLAME!

AND NEITHER CAN BE TRUSTED ANYMORE (In my opinion anyway)

Regardless they both should share some blame here.... I just hope this has no effect on the release of stargate worlds in anyway.
                    They Say He Travels The Gate Network Searching The Universe For Powerful Technology, They Call Him...... The Gate Traveller

Comment

erhaps in a way SGA was an experiment to see how far this franchise could go on after SG-SG1.amazingly,it did very well.TPTB/MGM must be wrecking with guilt now for canceling the show.i just don't understand why they would suddenly pull the plug on SGA.they could have rewritten story lines,made new changes to fit fans requests and brought back main characters they killed off.it's simple as that.it's science fiction for God's sake.SGA had potential for more seasons.there is no need to create a new franchise.they should have seen the warning signs coming right after Season 3 and taken steps to avoid making mistakes in seasons 4 and 5 respectively.they thought they could clear the mess up in season 5 but unexpected circumstances sealed the doom of SGA(im referring to TH turning down the offer to reprise her character in Season 5).apparently,they wanted to continue the Weir storyline in season 5 making that the essence of season 5.

but on the same note,perhaps we might see the same casts brought back for SGU(i really really hope)..afterall,we had all the four main characters of previous SG-SG1 appear in SGA .perhaps taking stargate universe literally to mean exploring new galaxies and new worlds with new enemies could be interesting.but something tells me,we will have the same writers who wrote for SGA involvednow,if only they can bring back weir and carson..again..

Comment

Originally posted by TheHomegaMan View Post
                        Sounds like you have your work cut out for you then. If you want to see more Stargate, you support Stargate. If you want to be the angry fan and score imaginary points on MGM, you can do that too. This is where people can truly step up or have their small victories.
                        Smalll victories huh? I guess..... if there even is such a thing in this kind of arena. What chances do the fans really stand against Network execs who are only concerned about ratings/money? We can *****, whine, complain, start petitions, boycott but it never does any good. SGA will be canceled after this season and there's nothing we can do except dissect the final epsiode to the smallest detail and the same applies to the movie.

Comment

Yeh I'd have been happier with 6 seasons rather than 5 but hey, as stated I don't feel there are any stories left to be told in SGA.

I thought like others that SG1 was misplaced in having a 9th season but in the 10th season i enjoied all the Ori episodes (the fillers not so much)... SGA lacks any 'I must see more!' value. Altho seeing how Woolsey would intrigrate comes close.

Personally I just wish Scifi would buy up The 4400, that was the best show evvvvvvvvvvver and got cancel just because of that stupid writers strike.

Comment

Originally posted by MyStargateLife View Post
                            Gateworld says it was Sci-Fi channel that canceled it.
                            Over at the scifi.com fourms, there is a thread that says it was MGM that pulled the plug, not scifi.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                              Over at the scifi.com fourms, there is a thread that says it was MGM that pulled the plug, not scifi.
                              yeah but if you looked who wrote that on scifi it the 2nd person who posted in that thread is a mod at scifi so idk. maybe they are covering scfif's butt.

IMO I think MGM pulled it and SCIFI went along with it. They both want SGU too soon making sga go off.

Harper and Ronon fics
                              The Runner

The Outcast and The Outsider

Comment

I am sad to see the show go, I mean there were really so many story lines that they could have done. Also there are so many things I would have liked to see. (The city with 3 ZPMs XD, more space flight / battle, ect.).

I must say however, the Wraith, went out far to quickly for my liking and the whole Michael story line was far too weak.

Finally, I am worried about SGU, what happens if for some reason it gets canned? What if its horrible?

It worries me to think that we could be seeing the end of the Stargate episode series, and as much as I like movies, I am going to miss the episodes that just explore and tell short little stories and don't focus on the main plot line.

my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                                X