This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey SGA Fans,

We already know Season 5 is out-rating season 3 and 4 to date. (look at sig). As fans we have a duty. We have a duty to make sure Atlantis goes out with a bang and that the movies are a huge success. We want to see SGA continue in some way. We want to see our favorite characters continue in new adventures. We may be upset and angry at MGM. SCI FI, and Stargate Productions, but it doesn't mean we will not still support SGA to the last day. We have been fighting the nay sayers here and have had endless fights and battles. The biggest battle that can be won is if SGA goes out on a high, and that more and more movies will be produced. That is how we will win as fans and will make sure that Atlantis will never die. Just like SG-1 the show is far from over. So do what you have been doing. Keep sending letters, faxes, e-mails, calls, and maybe even picket in front of the NBCU building in Rockefeller center or Bridge Studios. We shall show them how much we love Atlantis still and we are not going to go gentle into that good night.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M337ING View Post
      Maybe MGM paid them off to stop us....
      I wouldn't put it past them, since the finger seems to be pointing at them about the cancellation!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Hey SGA Fans,

We already know Season 5 is out-rating season 3 and 4 to date. (look at sig). As fans we have a duty. We have a duty to make sure Atlantis goes out with a bang and that the movies are a huge success. We want to see SGA continue in some way. We want to see our favorite characters continue in new adventures. We may be upset and angry at MGM. SCI FI, and Stargate Productions, but it doesn't mean we will not still support SGA to the last day. We have been fighting the nay sayers here and have had endless fights and battles. The biggest battle that can be won is if SGA goes out on a high, and that more and more movies will be produced. That is how we will win as fans and will make sure that Atlantis will never die. Just like SG-1 the show is far from over. So do what you have been doing. Keep sending letters, faxes, e-mails, calls, and maybe even picket in front of the NBCU building in Rockefeller center or Bridge Studios. We shall show them how much we love Atlantis still and we are not going to go gentle into that good night.
        WOOHOO...You go Brian..........Hey you could be our motivational speaker
        sigpic

Comment

Hey SGA Fans,

Brian, do you mind if i nick those ratings figures as i'm the research Coordinator for www.save-thelostcity.com and i've been looking for ratings? You would happen to have Season 1 and 2, would you? Thanks
          sigpic

Comment

James, i've emailed Dezrai, but i also cc'd it to you as well!
            sigpic

Comment

Cazz and scifan posted the link to this in the JT thread

PCA buzzpoll
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                WOOHOO...You go Brian..........Hey you could be our motivational speaker
                I can also make a great speech about SGA
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kady View Post
                  Brian, do you mind if i nick those ratings figures as i'm the research Coordinator for www.save-thelostcity.com and i've been looking for ratings? You would happen to have Season 1 and 2, would you? Thanks
                  This is what I have gotten..

Season 1 - 2.6 million viewers
                  Season 2 - 2.3 million viewers
                  Season 3 - 1.9 million viewers
                  Season 4 - 2.0 million viewers ("The Last Man" pulled in 2.6 Million viewers)
                  Season 5 - 2.2 million viewers (S&R pulled in 2.4 Million viewers)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                    I can also make a great speech about SGA
                    Oh no,please don't

This is what I have gotten..

Season 1 - 2.6 million viewers
                    Season 2 - 2.3 million viewers
                    Season 3 - 1.9 million viewers
                    Season 4 - 2.0 million viewers ("The Last Man" pulled in 2.6 Million viewers)
                    Season 5 - 2.2 million viewers (S&R pulled in 2.4 Million viewers)
                    hmm i seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee a pattern.....ooh what a pretty pattern!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone,I've been absent for the last few hours.I was sick,the pain was awful.I really thought I was dying!but I'm much better now and I'm ready to fight!!!!!

Comment

Is there a central list of email addresses and places to write and petitions to sign, etc, to rescue SGA? There are so many posts now, I can't find anything.
                        Thanks.

Glad to hear you feel better, Nessa!

Comment

If you visit livejournal, Fight for SGA, they will have a list of the main ones on the side.
                          There are also these:
                          [email protected],[email protected]@nbcuni.com
                          Just copy paste!
                          sigpic
                          Save Atlantis! Season 6 and Beyond!

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird View Post
                            Is there a central list of email addresses and places to write and petitions to sign, etc, to rescue SGA? There are so many posts now, I can't find anything.
                            Thanks.

Glad to hear you feel better, Nessa!
                            There's a couple of sites that's got all the information you need on them...

SOSGA and Save the lost city
                            sigpic

Comment

Hello again. I'm very happy to see the campaign in such full swing, but something is troubling my Cult TV addled mind. And it's this: in the case of Roswell, the show I like to mention a lot in this thread do to its fairly unique status as being a show brought back after cancellation due to fan action, the producers wanted another season.

So far, all the interviews and reactions I've read about the fan outrage focuses on how there will be at least one SGA movie, AND that there's a new show in the works. This means, surely, the producers don't want another season of SGA. They've yet to say anything along the lines of 'We're bummed and we want another season. Yes sir.'

Or, if they did, they certainly wouldn't mention it as the folks paying their wages, MGM and Sci-Fi, have agreed to give them yet another 'Gate show and the Studios don't want their employees doing any nay-saying about their wonderful TV decisions.

Unless I hear a producer and most of the cast come forward and say definitively that they want another season, I'm sorry but I really don't see it happening
                              CARTER: "I’m dressing up like Robin Hood, but part of my costume is missing, what have you got for me?"

HAMMOND: "You have a bow!"

Comment

I don't believe that it's hopeless because of 2 things:
                                1) Despite the fact that crew have accepted that SGA is cancelled, they regret not being able to take part in the show. The produces have all said how they were dissappointed that the show was picked up, but I guess they thought they were lucky considering they had SGU picked up instead. I am not happy with that thought, as it's aimed at a younger audience (despite the fact I myself am 17) and want more relationships in it. Stargate is about adventure, and despite the fact it does mention romance, it mainly focuses on teams and friendship.
                                2) The actors have said how they regret not being able to play their characters and participate in another season.
                                But you're right in the fact that MGM and SciFi, have major influences over the producers, but all of the cast regret not having another season and the producers themselves were dissappointed. But since TPTB are giving them another series and a movie, I guess they just want to be grateful for what they have. To me though, it feels like they're settling for second best, and I believe if enough numbers fight for this, we can get our show back!
                                sigpic
                                Save Atlantis! Season 6 and Beyond!

Comment

Working...
                                X