• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
    A crazy one
    yeah

Comment

Back on topic though. I've never seen Keller dress inappropriately or dress in 3 inch inch heels, low cut tops or miniskirts... thank goodness... I'm sure it's much to the chagrin of the boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
        Back on topic though. I've never seen Keller dress inappropriately or dress in 3 inch inch heels, low cut tops or miniskirts... thank goodness... I'm sure it's much to the chagrin of the boys.
        Thank goodness is right! If they ever did do that, I don't think my opinion of her could get much lower. I have major doubts about her professionalism and integrity now, please don't let them do this to her...for Jewel's sake at least!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by apostrophe View Post
          I don't recall. Oh. If that is something from Season Five I haven't seen it.
          That would be from 501 so I won't speak of that season again, for your sake.

Since she is part of the expedition she was chosen because she was considered among Earth's best and brightest. Plus, Weir picked her. And Weir was a smart cookie, no?
          It's not because you're a member of that bolded group that you are capable of performing your duties as a doctor treating patients or in case of Keller be the Chief of Medicine, a leader of a team.

To the underlined - So, we should just blame Weir for picking a weakling?

Keller isn't that young anyway. It's my understanding that women generally try to look as young as possible. Maybe she's just good at it or otherwise fortunate in that regard. Do they reveal her age? I would guess probably in her thirties but could be pushing forty like Rodney for all we know.
          As far as I can tell the child prodigy (season 4 - Quarantine) is pretty young and shouldn't be at the level she's portrayed ... realistically.

Keller strikes me as similar to the dearly departed Janet Fraiser from SG1. She seems to me to convey a lot of Fraiser positives.
          Let's just say that I strongly disagree. She's nowhere near that level of Fraiser-ness.

I suspect from your remarks:
          1) That you are talking from a female perspective.
          Last time I checked, yes.

2) That Beckett personifies a character attractive to females
          As a character he's attractive. As a man... not so much. He's average to good looking. He looks kind of cute for a guy.

3) To impart a "Bart Simsonism" : "If you love him so much so why don't you marry him?"
          A) I don't love him so much as you may think - that love is preserved for Kate Heightmeyer.
          B) I can't marry him because he's a fictional character.
          C) I'm gay and thus prefer the ladies over the gents.

Now all the females can't fantasize about marrying Carson Becket any more.
          Wow, if that's the only reason for liking Keller.

Forget him. He's no good for you. Besides, he's a clone now, isn't he? It'll never work out. <g>
          Sorry, can't forget about the character that if he were a real doctor I could trust he would get the job done.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yeah, that's from the New York Times. I live on the other side of the country, and I'm not often in hospitals...thank god...so I wouldn't really know if that article's accurate or not.
            a word of wisdom.... I have noticed that New York and Hollywood have NO IDEA what constitutes "appropriate dress" for anything!!!!! Universities actually have to hold "dress for sucess" seminars for students who are job hunting. Many kids today think they can dress like people do on tv and it is fine! well sorry, short skirts, high heels, ratty jeans, and flip flops are not considered professional (unless you are in a profession that is not sanctioned by law ) and must be avoided. Oh and so are tattoos. I have a friend that went on several interviews for grad schools and despite having great grades did not get in. Finally one prof took pity on her and told her to wear clothing that covered all visible tats and lose the nose, lip, and eyebrow rings before her next interview - she took the advice and got into a PhD program!

Comment

So, I should be glad that I'm too wimpy and broke right now to get a tattoo, then?
              sigpic

Comment

So, I should be glad that I'm too wimpy and broke right now to get a tattoo, then?
                Yep and if you do get one, get it where it will never show in business attire, for women, not on lower arms, legs, or neck areas.

Comment

Well, the one I'm planning is going on my back, and since I'm now considering going into nursing, and the uniform would cover it...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Let's just say that I strongly disagree. She's nowhere near that level of Fraiser-ness.
                    Totally agree

As a character he's attractive. As a man... not so much. He's average to good looking. He looks kind of cute for a guy
                    Again proving my point that attractive doesn't always mean sexually attractive. People don't see it in the wider sense of the word, as in appealing. Thinking about it, I may have made this point in Keller vs Beckett (like there's any competition!! ) and not here, I can't remember. Anyway, it's made now!! LOL

A) I don't love him so much as you may think - that love is preserved for Kate Heightmeyer.
                    B) I can't marry him because he's a fictional character.
                    C) I'm gay and thus prefer the ladies over the gents.
                    You know, forum discussions are generally a matter of opions being banded back and forth...when it comes to actual facts, I find it better to be blunt and therefore leave no ambiguity... hats off to you FH!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
                      You know, forum discussions are generally a matter of opions being banded back and forth...when it comes to actual facts, I find it better to be blunt and therefore leave no ambiguity... hats off to you FH!!!
                      Thanks
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

There's no beef. I prefer lamb.

I suppose it's the lack of really meaty situations she's been given to really express herself and make herself liked by we vocal online fans. When she does get something to do, great. When she doesn't, bad.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                          There's no beef. I prefer lamb.

I suppose it's the lack of really meaty situations she's been given to really express herself and make herself liked by we vocal online fans. When she does get something to do, great. When she doesn't, bad.
                          I prefer a nice tender veal cutlet.
                          I agree, Jennifer needs more "meaty" eps, I am sure we will get one in tracker!

Comment

People need to stop mentioning Tracker every where I go.

All it does is bring forth images of the very yummy Kiryk (sp?) and then I get distracted. And as I am currently trying to concentrate on a paper, it's annoying.

Well, not really annoying because...have you seen that guy?...but disturbing because then I keep thinking, "Isn't time we had a new token alien/ex-runner on the team anyway?"

And now I think, Rac is preparing to shoot me.
                            sigpic

Comment

I personally don't have a beef with Keller, I like her, but then having met Jewel Staite several times, I like everything she does. The way I see it is, she was pretty much put in the CMO position and had to get used to it, like we all do in jobs, after all if someone promoted you at work to a position of authority you had never been in, wouldn't you be a little nervous and slow to adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                                People need to stop mentioning Tracker every where I go.

All it does is bring forth images of the very yummy Kiryk (sp?) and then I get distracted. And as I am currently trying to concentrate on a paper, it's annoying.

Well, not really annoying because...have you seen that guy?...but disturbing because then I keep thinking, "Isn't time we had a new token alien/ex-runner on the team anyway?"

And now I think, Rac is preparing to shoot me.
                                LOL nope, just getting distracted myself. Oh poor Jennifer --kidnapped by a hunky runner...woe is her! Gee maybe I should feel sorry for her ....nope I don't!

Comment

Working...
                                X