Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best actor/actress on Stargate Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with the majority on david hewlett, and also jason.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Whenever he gets the chance Jason Momoa blows the entire cast away with his performance, in Sateda and Reunion he's the man of the game. Unfortunately those chances are too few.
    that deserves green. I agree, but ronon's character just needs more than being "dark and brooding" most of the time.

Comment

David Hewlett - no contest.

I also thought Torri was extremely talented, and Joe has grown on me. I always liked his character, but it wasn't until this last season (4) that he really impressed me with his acting.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

me

Comment

This is a very hard question because I feel the cast is very well-rounded.

Flanigan has a natural ease about him, he just doesn't seem to be acting at all...as if the role fits him like a comfy ol' shoe. And those expressions of his...lol!

Rachel adds warmth and charm to her role, and again is good with her expressions. I don't think she is as 'natural' as Flanigan, but her character demands a little more formality (such as in her speech), which makes her more reserved overall.

Hewlett has great timing, and is just a hoot to watch, but I don't think he's any better than Flanigan. He lacks some of Flanigan's natural ease, but that could also be because the role demands him to be so uptight and hyper, which he pulls off excellently.

Torri is enjoyable to watch, but I must say that - for me - her best moment was her WoW moment in The Return. More of that sort of thing, and I would probably consider her a strong actress. As it is, I think she held her ground, but could have been given a wider range of things to do to test her acting limits.

Jason is a tricksty one. At first I thought of him as a flat actor, but he has proven me so wrong. Excellent in emotional scenes (he's the only one who has made me cry yet), great in the physically challenging scenes, and terrific sense of timing with his humorous lines. Because his voice tends to be monotone, it's easy expect less from him - but he is certainly much more, and I'd have to say he's probably the best well-rounded actor & character in the bunch because he effectively tackles hard-hitting action, light humor, intense drama, and soft emotion - all in character and yet all very different qualities.

McGillion - Good actor - funny as all get out! But his range (in the show) is limited, so it's hard to appreciate exactly what he can do.

Amanda - didn't watch SG1, so hard for me to say. She's good, entertaining to watch, but because of my limited exposure to the character, I don't know the full extend of her acting ability. From what I see, however, her range (in the show) is limited, and so I'd put her on the same level as Torri, or Rachel.

Jewel - again, don't know that much about her, but what I've seen so far, I like. She still needs to show me some range, so I'd put her on the level of Paul, too.

Rainbow - he was a very enjoyable actor to watch, full of energy. I immediately liked his character. He was excellent as Crazy Ford, but was never given much of a chance to show more range. I'd put him in the Paul camp, too.

Robert Picardo - probably the best in the bunch overall, based on ALL the shows I've seen him in. Great range, and he has both a natural ease, and - when the role calls for it - a natural unease, if that makes any sense. His characters just feel so real to me, which is the sign of a good actor.

So, if I had to rate them, it would be something like this:

Picardo
          Flanigan, Hewlett
          Mamoa (for sheer range - all in character - from an unexpected source)
          Rachel
          Torri, Amanda
          Paul, Jewel, Rainbow

For reoccurring actors, all my love goes to Chris Heyerdahl (Halling; Todd) - again, wide range, good sense of timing, and a great voice. But others would tie for second place: Robert Davi would get my vote, as would Andee Frizzell, for creating so many unique Wraith queens over the years, and James Lafazanos for doing the same with the male Wraith in S1 & 2. It's not easy, I'm sure, playing the same sort of character over and over, and making them different each time.

das
          Last edited by dasNdanger; 05 March 2009, 01:06 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Joe Flanigan and David Hewlett no question.

sigs by the talented CazzBlade, elephantgirl,CKO, kali1, csom, Luciana, Torri012 and rachel d..thanks so much!

Comment

Joe Flanigan
              What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

As far as best, I think they all do a great job. SO, I will just make this a favorite actor/actrees post for me.

My favorites are Joe Flanigan, David Nykl and Torri Higginson.
                "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                Individuality is freedom lived.
                'Janis Joplin'

Comment

David Hewlett,Joe Flanigan,Amanda Tapping,Claudia Black,Torri Higginson,Paul McGillian

there all my favorites as for the best.....i'd have to go for RDA no wait....Michael Shanks no wait...RDA...no no change my mind Shanks yeah Michael Shankes i think he was great in lifeboat S7
                  Last edited by System_Lord_Remus; 13 May 2008, 01:27 AM.
                  System Lord Remus

Comment

Joe Flanigan (Lt. Colonel John Sheppard)
                    David Hewlett (Dr Rodney McKay)
                    Amanda Tapping (Colonel Samantha Carter)
                    Jewel Staite (Dr. Jennifer Keller)
                    Jason Momoa (Ronon Dex)
                    sigpic
                    Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Wow some great indepth responses here to a very hard question considering all the great actors in this show. For me though, the stand out actor is David Hewlett.

Comment

Joe Flanigan is my favourite, but if I am honest, David Hewlett in Tao of Rodney and Sunday showed the best acting skills.

Comment

Amanda Tapping, no question for me. But next comes David Hewlett, and I like AT and DH together as well -- they play well off each other. I wished we had seen a bit more of their interaction in season 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Tropical Moon View Post
                            Wow some great indepth responses here to a very hard question considering all the great actors in this show.
                            The answer is easy though it requires some objectivity towards the actors, and not go with who one likes best cause they're not always the best if one has to be honest with themselves.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

David Hewelett is the best actor (in terms of acting skills) on SGA.

Comment

I would say Joe Flanigan. He just seems to be so at eased with the part on SGA, and in other shows/movies I've seen him in. But I also think David Hewlett, just for the amount of stories or opportunities he has gotten.
                                there’s a decent living to be made in the selling out of ideals--Darren Hayes

Comment

Working...
                                X