Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, i remember seeing it at the cinima when I was younger, so I bought it on DVD bought a year ago... awsome.

I might go buy myself a whole stack of them and send them to you guys if you want
    Hugh Gallagher

Comment

Originally posted by hobophobik
      Yup, i remember seeing it at the cinima when I was younger, so I bought it on DVD bought a year ago... awsome.

I might go buy myself a whole stack of them and send them to you guys if you want
      No. I lent mine out, and hopefully won't see it for a long, long time.
      sigpic

Comment

Since I pointed out watcher652's "Rule for a good group mix", I'll take one. James Spader, mmmmm! This is off-topic, but Spader has been making the talk show rounds promoting Boston Legal. He'd fit right in with the SG1 TV show actors. I didn't know it before, but the man is fun-to-watch goofy. And Shatner's energy level amazes him.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
          Since I pointed out watcher652's "Rule for a good group mix", I'll take one. James Spader, mmmmm! This is off-topic, but Spader has been making the talk show rounds promoting Boston Legal. He'd fit right in with the SG1 TV show actors. I didn't know it before, but the man is fun-to-watch goofy. And Shatner's energy level amazes him.
          No idea what your on about?
          Hugh Gallagher

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
            This is off-topic, but Spader has been making the talk show rounds promoting Boston Legal. He'd fit right in with the SG1 TV show actors. I didn't know it before, but the man is fun-to-watch goofy. And Shatner's energy level amazes him.
            No idea what your on about?
            Sorry to be off topic again here, but hobophobik wants an explanation.

What I was saying that as a talk show guest, James Spader, who played Daniel Jackson in the Stargate movie, is funny and goofy like we've seen the SG1 cast in the behind the scenes specials, on the dvd extras, and at conventions. So he'd fit right in with them.

Spader said on an appearance of the Jay Leno show recently that he is very impressed by the high energy level of William Shatner, hs co-star in the current TV series Boston Legal. Spader said there was a scene filmed with Shatner and Mark Valley, another Boston Legal cast member, doing pushups. Valley is an ex-Marine and about 30 years younger than Shatner. Spader swears the scene didn't make the final cut because Shatner looked better than Valley!

BTW, Spader didn't mention their ages, I figured it out from imdb. Spader was dying to say hold old Shatner was, though, since it so impressed him that a man of Shatner's age was so high energy, but Spader was a gentleman and didn't say.

Again, please forgive the off topic.

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Topics....shmopics, it's all interesting stuff, thankyou
              Hugh Gallagher

Comment

I ´ve not seen any episode from Atlantis yet so I´ll be maybe just guessing some things. The whole premise could be really more interesting if it were different from it´s predecessor also in the story.
                As for characters, similarities between Jack and Sheppard don´t bother me. I remember that I was once time more iritated about Teyla, because of the connection of "the sexy (woman) one the and exotic one". Here is much better SG-1 with "the sexy and smart one" (Carter). Also in SG-1, characters were from the start more interesting. Daniel had straight relations,hip with "the world behind the stargate" (Sha´re) and Tea´lc has come from more complicated "alien" background. The word which is scarying in connection with Atlantis is "Enterprise" with which I had some faith in the beginning but the result was terrible. However, I am still interested in Atlantis "more- plot-heavy" style.

Comment

I really enjoyed the original Stargate movie and when the series began I thought it was quite cheesy and almost gave up on it. Luckily I didn't - the characters and plots improved and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

As for Atlantis, it has me hooked but, like SG1, it has to find its legs, and I believe it will. There is good potential, but we have to wait and see where it goes.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                  X