This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

proof of daedalus landing in water

to figure this out i took a picture of the daedalus above the water in the landing sequence of "the seige part 3," which is the first pic. i drew a line on the bow where the hull slopes back. in the second pic, i took the final pic in the screen caps of th Daedalus in the water.i then drew the same line on the bow. the second one is shorter. now i now people have said that they land on the peir and that there is water on the pier that sprays up. if you look at the first pic. i outlined in blue the edge of the pier which is in front of the Daedalus. you can also see the lamp posts which i circled in green. these lamps are on the edge of the pier. Another thing. while the ship is landing. do you ever see any landing gear lower. we have seen the landing gear on the prommy a couple of times and there is nothing protruding form the bottom of the Daedalus at any time during the landing sequence that shows landing gear is down. and if you don't believe my pictures and reasoning, go back and watch the landing sequence frame by frame and pay attention to the bow, it sinks into the water and there would never be that much water on top of the pier. and last here are the measurements of the lines, the first pic is length 50- angle 30 and the second pic is length 47- angle 30. so you see it is at least 3 pixels shorter. it can't sink that much on a pier
    Attached Files
    Last edited by apollo22; 26 February 2008, 09:08 AM. Reason: forgot some words

Originally posted by apollo22 View Post
    to figure this out i took a picture of the daedalus above the water in the landing sequence of "the seige part 3," which is the first pic. i drew a line on the bow where the hull slopes back. in the second pic, i took the final pic in the screen caps of th daedalus in the water.i then drew the same line on the bow. the second one is shorter. now i now people have said that they land on the peir and that there is water on the pier that sprays up. if you look at the first pic. i outlined in blue the edge of the pier which is in front of the daedalus. you can also see the lamp posts which i circled in green. these lamps are on the edge of the pier. Another thing. while the ship is landing. do you ever see any landing gear lower. we have seen the landing gear on the prommy a couple of times and there is nothing protruding form the bottom of the daedalus at any time during the landing sequence that shows landing gear is down. and if you don't believe my pictures and reasoning, go back and watch the landing sequence frame by frame and pay attention to the bow, it sinks into the water and there would never be that much water on top of the pier.

Not another thread like this............
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

i belive joe has said multiple times

teh daedy lands on a pier
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        i belive joe has said multiple times

teh daedy lands on a pier
        That and they always say its landing at the south pier.

Its a shame would be awesome if it did land on water
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I remember hearing a couple times in the show that, "the daedalus is requesting permission to land alongside the east pier."

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Well, I always thought Daedalus "landed" above the water, staying few metres above the surface. It's really quite clearly seen that it doesn't land on the pier.

But maybe I was wrong, and it really lands in the water.....

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
              Well, I always thought Daedalus "landed" above the water, staying few metres above the surface. It's really quite clearly seen that it doesn't land on the pier.

But maybe I was wrong, and it really lands in the water.....
              No, the othet guy's right; canonically speaking, it lands on the pier, as confirmed by JM. Never go just by what CGI shows you... never haha.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

i always wondered if it landed on the water, and i'm still not sure.
                Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                sigpic

Comment

Personally I couldn't care less either way, but I'd base the stuff I know on what I see on the screen rather than what JM confirms, as some of that stuff gets changed anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    Personally I couldn't care less either way, but I'd base the stuff I know on what I see on the screen rather than what JM confirms, as some of that stuff gets changed anyway...
                    Yeah, such things change, I can well imagine MG telling something right now, and (other producers) something else next year.

Comment

Buddy. The CGI on Stargate is horrible. Only trust the lines, and the lines put it on the pier.
                      sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

I didnt realize it was that important? Or an issue really.

It lands on water.... yea?

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                          I remember hearing a couple times in the show that, "the daedalus is requesting permission to land alongside the east pier."
                          From the Gateworld transcript for 201 - The Seige pt 3

TECHNICIAN (over comms): Doctor Weir -- the Daedalus is requesting permission to land on the east pier.

Also verified by checking the video itself BUT I believe that I have heard the "along side the east pier" line in another episode. Based on the CG, I would say that the ship definitely DOES land in the water. It's not that it's any big deal either way but it is kinda different and cool that it could land in the water.
                          sigpic

Comment

maybe there is water on the pier, so it looks like its on water, it is after all a city in the middle of an OCEAN

Comment

Just rechecked. Your wrong; it doesn't sink! It turns slightly, which throws off your measurements! The 'splash' is from the thrusters, not water. (any water would be vaporized and have become a gas, not a splash, in any event)
                              sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Working...
                              X