This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Writers, this is for you - Wraith immunity

Here's an idea! Obviously, the Wraith like to feed off us Humans but what exactly do they take from us? Is it some kind of enzyme or something that's secreted by a certain organ typical to all humans or is it our energy? Maybe by their sticking their claws into our chests, they are tapping into our nervous systems and sucking out fluid from our pineal gland or the thyroid or something.

What if that was true and some SG team member or civilian scientist happened to have a thyroid problem? He or she have to be on something to regulate it. What if the Wraith happened to feed from this poor joe and got sick or just stopped feeding from him?

I think it would be worth thinking about.

I mention this because of a common element in alien invasion movies like "The Invasion" - the remake of the remake of "The Invasion of the Body Snatchers" where a character has the key to immunity:

Spoiler:
    Nicole Kidman's son was immune to the alien spores because he had just gotten over the chicken pox.

Pretty sure it's a chemical process when Wraith feed, and they've already explored immunity to Wraith feeding in "Poisoning the Well" and
    Spoiler:
    The Kindred
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

but that was something injected into someone to make that someone less palatable to the Wraith. It'd be like putting salt into someone's coffee instead of sugar or chocolate laxative into brownies.

If someone had a pre-existing condition that the Wraith didn't like or somehow found sour so-to-speak, we (the Atlantis expedition) could use that against them.

Comment

Originally posted by lunchbox View Post
        but that was something injected into someone to make that someone less palatable to the Wraith. It'd be like putting salt into someone's coffee instead of sugar or chocolate laxative into brownies.

If someone had a pre-existing condition that the Wraith didn't like or somehow found sour so-to-speak, we (the Atlantis expedition) could use that against them.
        Actually it'd be like putting cyanide in their brownies.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Im pretty sure the wraith are sucking out peoples midichlorians. XD

Is there a realistic explanation like some biochemical something or another?

Comment

Working...
          X