Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael vs Todd: who will be the last wraith standing as THE face of the wraith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YutheGreat
    I can't speak for everyone. For me, I think Todd makes SGA interesting storywise. I do not minimize the actors. My point of view is simple. I like the characters more than the actors but this does not mean I don't like the actors who play them...
    Yeah, I'm the same way - always more of a fan of the character than the actor - usually I don't even know who the actors are - except Johnny Depp...HIM, I know. Been a Depp fan for 20 years, and only Depp, Cary Grant, Humphrey Bogart and Clint Eastwood have won my devotion, so it's not common for me to be a fan of an 'actor', but rather the characters they portray.

As far as turning Todd 'human' - well, that would just ruin him. He's Wraith - we need to keep Wraith characters alive and well, and keep developing them AS Wraith. So much potential there, and the whole 'feeding on humans' thing shouldn't be an obstacle, but a stepping stone to bigger and better stories. Nothing says that the Wraith MUST stop feeding on humans (unless that's a goal for TPTB) - you can still keep them Wraith, keep their diet the same, and yet find SOME way to allow them to exist in the same galaxy without constantly trying to kill each other (sure, the Wraith will still kill humans for food - but how many humans will the HUMANS keep killing as well? Seems the Lanteans don't feel bad about the humans they kill, so why do they take such offense when the Wraith do the same? )

Michael and Todd should coexist. An alliance with Todd will only work if there is a bigger threat than Todd and the Wraith. As we have seen in TLM Michael is that threat. Of course this doesn't mean that Todd will not screw SGA when he gets the chance. If Michael wasn't there Todd will be 99% be against us all the time. There is a kind of symbiosis between them...
    Yeah - keeping a bigger and badder enemy around can only help push Todd and the Lanteans closer together in an alliance. So, Michael's presence, or any other big baddie, could only help 'our' cause (which is, of course - MORE TODD!)

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper
    That's just the point I was making in another thread. Although we like Todd, Todd is still a Wraith!

He will feed. He will advance his agenda for the preservation of his hive over all others. Todd will not seek to change the food source of his people if he wants to keep their loyalty to him. To do so would make them less than Wraith, and as I said before, Todd is still a Wraith!
    And that's why we love him. However, Todd might find an alternative to feeding on humans because - unlike in the past - he now realizes it's his greatest weakness. He still wants to feed on them, but he may be forced to find another source if he wishes to survive. I've mentioned several times that - for me - the BEST case scenario would be to find an enzyme or something that allows Wraith to digest and gain nutrition from normal food - but that DOES NOT diminish their appetite for humans, or ability to feed on them. This way they remain Wraith in every sense, but with an option to gain nutrition from another, albeit less desirable, source. It would be much like an alcoholic who stops drinking, but still craves the alcohol. He may eventually fall of the 'wagon', and take that drink. Likewise, with an alternative food source, a Wraith could gain nutrition from it, but not complete satisfaction. So, once in a while, there'd be the chance that he might 'fall off the wagon', and feed on a human.

It would allow for a coexistence with Wraith, while keeping the danger ever present.

das
    sigpic

Comment

I agree that their limited food source is their Achilles Heel, and yes, Todd realizes this as well. Finding an enzyme that would allow the Wraith to feed on regular food, as they do as children (remember...their bodies don't require they start feeding on human's until they start puberty), would be a great compromise, but they are predators. They may not show Todd feeding often (and when we have seen him feed on a Genai, he was really pissed at the time--Common Ground), he's not shy/apologetic about it. When their food source became threatened, he did begin feeding on other Wraith as they were a "safe" food.

I think that Wraith getting their jollies being blood thirsty feeders is about like vampires. The chemicals released by the abject fear adds a bit of "spice" to the flavor. It's also a power trip. "I'm gonna look you right in the eyes as I feed on you, and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it!"

Mmmm! Sounds like lunch to me!
      sigpic

Comment

I used to think that Todd would be the face of the Wraith....but now Micheal has shown everyone that he is ready to wreap devastion on PG glaxy while Todd struggles to maintain his power and prestige amongst the wraith......

Comment

Originally posted by Fjord View Post
          I used to think that Todd would be the face of the Wraith....but now Micheal has shown everyone that he is ready to wreap devastion on PG glaxy while Todd struggles to maintain his power and prestige amongst the wraith......
          Todd is still a pure Wraith while Michael is now a hybrid. If we're thinking of the 'face of the Wraith' as revealing more about Wraith culture and history it has to be Todd.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
            Yeah, I'm the same way - always more of a fan of the character than the actor - usually I don't even know who the actors are - except Johnny Depp...HIM, I know. Been a Depp fan for 20 years
            must say, you have a good taste in actors.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper
              I agree that their limited food source is their Achilles Heel, and yes, Todd realizes this as well. Finding an enzyme that would allow the Wraith to feed on regular food, as they do as children (remember...their bodies don't require they start feeding on human's until they start puberty), would be a great compromise, but they are predators. They may not show Todd feeding often (and when we have seen him feed on a Genai, he was really pissed at the time--Common Ground), he's not shy/apologetic about it. When their food source became threatened, he did begin feeding on other Wraith as they were a "safe" food.

I think that Wraith getting their jollies being blood thirsty feeders is about like vampires. The chemicals released by the abject fear adds a bit of "spice" to the flavor. It's also a power trip. "I'm gonna look you right in the eyes as I feed on you, and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it!"

Mmmm! Sounds like lunch to me!
              Yes, totally agree. That's why - IF they find a food alternative - I'd like for the Wraith to still have the ability to feed on humans, and more importantly - the DESIRE. That way you could have the Wraith who control the urge to feed on humans, opting instead for a 'normal' diet, but always fighting the urge to suck the life out of the guy next to him. Would allow for alliances without taking away the danger.

Then they can use their predatory nature for other things...not all good, of course. They may still try to trick and deceive people for their own advantage, may still try to control the galaxy, may still be a huge threat - but at the same time it would allow for some to try to coexist with humans.

But that's my fantasy, not that of TPTB. They probably will just use the same boring formula used in SG1 - we can almost see it coming. Wraith will eventually be annihilated, and a new foe will rise in their place. So much easier to do that way than to try to find a way to allow the Wraith a permanent place in the PG.

das
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                Yes, totally agree. That's why - IF they find a food alternative - I'd like for the Wraith to still have the ability to feed on humans, and more importantly - the DESIRE. That way you could have the Wraith who control the urge to feed on humans, opting instead for a 'normal' diet, but always fighting the urge to suck the life out of the guy next to him. Would allow for alliances without taking away the danger.

Then they can use their predatory nature for other things...not all good, of course. They may still try to trick and deceive people for their own advantage, may still try to control the galaxy, may still be a huge threat - but at the same time it would allow for some to try to coexist with humans.

But that's my fantasy, not that of TPTB. They probably will just use the same boring formula used in SG1 - we can almost see it coming. Wraith will eventually be annihilated, and a new foe will rise in their place. So much easier to do that way than to try to find a way to allow the Wraith a permanent place in the PG.

das
                Yes, that would be great to live in the same galaxy the Wraith live in, the same planet, and meet one in the dark forest going to a pub. What would he do, attack me, or just accompany me on the way?
                Sure TPTB should use your formula, Das.

Comment

Todd!

I hate michaels character

...Valtharus of the Asuran...

Comment

Originally posted by Valtharus View Post
                    Todd!

I hate michaels character
                    Indeed!
                    So simple and so eloquent!!!

Comment

it would be such a bizarre twist if Michael turned out to be Todds brother (biological/ from the same fractions- before they broke off to there separate queens/ hives)

Michael being a scientistic

Todd being a military commander

Comment

Originally posted by sparkygate View Post
                        it would be such a bizarre twist if Michael turned out to be Todds brother (biological/ from the same fractions- before they broke off to there separate queens/ hives)

Michael being a scientistic

Todd being a military commander
                        Yeah, bizzare for the least. I mean it's all right how it is now: Todd wants to kill someone, who's a tread for everyone in the galaxy, and primarily the Wraith with himself included. It's more than sufficient, now let's make it finished.

Comment

As it's not yet posted here, and I think it should:
                          (from Joe Mallozi's blog)
                          cool writes: “Are we going to see more of Todd the Wraith in Season 5? He always seems to be working on his own, which is interesting since the Wraith seem so hive-oriented. Does he have a Wraith Queen he answers to?”

Answer: Your last question will be answered this season. So far, we have Todd slated for three appearances.
                          I think Todd will overlive Michael, now I'm pretty sure....

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
                            As it's not yet posted here, and I think it should:
                            (from Joe Mallozi's blog)

I think Todd will overlive Michael, now I'm pretty sure....
                            Well, in order to fit the thread, you kinda need to have a Wraithy face, which can only mean Todd...

Oh, as I'm just spotting the correction lines under 'overlive'... You outlive someone...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I enjoy Michael but think Todd would beat him ..

Kimberly

sigs by Cazz,scifan,elephantgirl, john-and-teyla , Donna , Linda, maffieg, and wraithlord . I'm in AWE of your talent and J/T is the best

Comment

Originally posted by taffy rose View Post
                                I enjoy Michael but think Todd would beat him ..

Kimberly
                                But maybe since both boys are Wraith they'll avoid a direct confrontation...

Todd loves being sneaky, and take stuff down behind Michael's back, and Michael surely wouldn't be stupid enough to go up against Todd...

Like in a direct fight. Wraith against Hybrid.

Preferably suitably dressed, in a mud bath...

Oh, not that again. Go to bed, you tired brain.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Working...
                                X