Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael vs Todd: who will be the last wraith standing as THE face of the wraith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If another Wraith were to approach Atlantis with a proposal to get rid of Todd, I don't see Atlantis actively participating. I can, however, see Atlantis standing back to watch as the dust clears. Of course, I would imagine there would be those who'd find a measure of relief to see Todd still standing.

You know how it is. The enemy I know....
    sigpic

Comment

i'm hoping todd. he views feeding as a means of survival and doesn't get any sick pleasure from it like other wraith do. and todd seems like he'd be willing to negotiate with humans, michael is kind of against anyone that's not a freaky hybrid.
      Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
      sigpic

Comment

I don't really blame Michael for how he feels. He got screwed by both sides. It was bad for Todd when he was captured because that led to him being ridiculed, but Michael was used for experimentation. He may have reverted to being Wraith, but he was tainted, thus he was rejected by his kind. Neither side wanted him.

On a petty real life level, I had found myself caught between two sides, both having once been friends, both sides angry with me for things I either didn't do or had no control over, and I've got to tell you. It was major fun when I'd finally had enough had spilled the secrets of both groups with the other. I got down right dirty and personal. They'd kept me twisted up, torn up inside, and sleepless for damn near a year, and I had a blast when I paid them all back in spades! Yup. I do feel for Michael.

I think, though, that even so, it's too late to save Michael. He'd have to dump some major amounts of hate, but how could he do it in a way for Atlantis to believe. [I]Then[I] if Atlantis did believe him, he'd need the support of Atlantis to survive. Right...with Teyla and her people around? He'd need Teyla's forgiveness, and that could happen how/when?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
          Suppose the Human influence on Todd leads to a liason with a Human?
          I can say with 175% certinity that i will never have sex with any nonhumans no matter how much i like them, or how drunk i am. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
            I'd put my money on Michael killing Todd.
            ............. sick thot, wut if michael turns todd human? Well it would just be awkward between todd and halling for one... ;-)

Comment

What if an emotional, but not yet physical, liason with a human fem leads Todd to seek to be human?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                I can say with 175% certinity that i will never have sex with any nonhumans no matter how much i like them, or how drunk i am. lol.
                *Pauses Common Ground to make a comment on this post, even though it's a silly comment*

*Watches the image freeze on Todd's handgina...*

Oops...

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

Never say never!

*Drools over Todd and Michael*

Ma boys.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Yup. That would require an actor change, but think what a spot that would put the Atlanteans in? What would they do with a human Todd? What could they do? Give him back to the Wraith? Send him to Earth? Welcome him into the "family", so to speak?
                  sigpic

Comment

4 of us sitting here...waiting for someone else to say something....
                    sigpic

Comment

There would absolutely be no point at all in turning Todd Human. It would ruin the character, and for many people, the show too.

Todd is best kept where he is, Commander of his own Hive, and working together, in secret, with the Lanteans from time to time. He wants to kind of bring the Wraith to a new era, one where they're one big happy family again (or not that big, since he plans on taking out a whole bunch of them) and he wants to lead that group.

It would be great to see them find an alternate food source for the Wraith, meaning not taking that many human lives any more, but find a solution in creating clones, so they don't have to half-starve before culling again, etc. If such a chance would ever exist, it's with Todd. Therefore he can't/won't die/be killed off.

Michael will die before Todd goes. Besides, they already had Todd dying because of Michael in TLM, so that's been done. But I do still hope there's a chance for Michael, out there, too. I hope he'll at least turn less evil in season 5 and next ones, because he didn't have any emotions left at the end, so that's no good either.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I am merely speaking in terms of speculation. Every plot change requires adjustments, and great imagination.

Also, I truly hope that those "many people" who seem to feel that Todd is the only thing keeping SGA going are mistaken. That would be so sad for all those other talented actors.
                        sigpic

Comment

I am merely speaking in terms of speculation. Every plot change requires adjustments, and great imagination.

Also, I truly hope that those "many people" who seem to feel that Todd is the only thing keeping SGA going are mistaken. That would be so sad for all those other talented actors.
                          I can't speak for everyone. For me, I think Todd makes SGA interesting storywise. I do not minimize the actors. My point of view is simple. I like the characters more than the actors but this does not mean I don't like the actors who play them...

Michael and Todd should coexist. An alliance with Todd will only work if there is a bigger threat than Todd and the Wraith. As we have seen in TLM Michael is that threat. Of course this doesn't mean that Todd will not screw SGA when he gets the chance. If Michael wasn't there Todd will be 99% be against us all the time. There is a kind of symbiosis between them...
                          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

That's just the point I was making in another thread. Although we like Todd, Todd is still a Wraith!

He will feed. He will advance his agenda for the preservation of his hive over all others. Todd will not seek to change the food source of his people if he wants to keep their loyalty to him. To do so would make them less than Wraith, and as I said before, Todd is still a Wraith!
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm new here, so I've just found this discussion, but I think Todd will survive over Michael...unless Michael manages to dump a ton of hate. He wants BOTH Wraith and Humans gone in favor of his new hybrids. As for Michael's demise, Teyla's love interest may do him in, or possibly provide the distraction for someone else to eliminate Michael.

Todd provides all sorts of possible story variations. Suppose an enemy of Todd's approaches Atlantis with a deal to get rid of Todd? Suppose the Human influence on Todd leads to a liason with a Human? Or some other Human gives another Wraith of an opposing Hive the benefit of the doubt, and the two Wraith square off to vie for the loyalty, as it were, of Atlantis?

Just a few thoughts.
                              I agree Todd has made the Wraith interesting Micheal is just insane. I hope Michael dies or is at least defeated unable to create more virus or chaos.
                              I like Todd and any Wraith with a sense of humor gets my vote.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

That's just the point I was making in another thread. Although we like Todd, Todd is still a Wraith!

He will feed. He will advance his agenda for the preservation of his hive over all others. Todd will not seek to change the food source of his people if he wants to keep their loyalty to him. To do so would make them less than Wraith, and as I said before, Todd is still a Wraith!
                                This is true but he is a Wraith who realizes that an alliance and communication is a good thing. I disagree about the food source only because the Wraith are realizing that is their achilles heel. They need humans and are dependent on them if they suddenly weren't anymore they would be better off in the long run. I can see him expermenting with ways to ensure that the Wraith need to feed less often or a substitiute food source for them that will still keep them alive. The whole reason they went into that statis thing was because their was not enough humans in the Pegasus galaxy for them to continually feed from.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Working...
                                X