Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael vs Todd: who will be the last wraith standing as THE face of the wraith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
    I didn't know. I really try to avoid spoilers because they make me crazy, so all I knew is that Todd is in TLM, or at least his knife is...

NO idea what episodes Michael is in - I heard a couple next season, but not sure. What I REALLY wanna know is if Todd will be in more than one episode next season, or what. Someone go ask JM. (not me, I already whine too much about the Wraith on his blog...)

das
    Spikey,

Thanks for the welcome! It's nice to find other people who enjoy chatting about SGA's Wraith. And here I thought I was the only one who thought Todd was sexy!

But I'm really confused by something das mentioned. Todd's knife? What knife? I pay pretty close attention when he is on-screen, and don't ever recall seeing a knife. Unless the "knife" is that little purple thing he is wearing on his left hand in "Be All My Sins Remembered"?
    Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
      But efficient in what way we do not know, or can't I remember?
      'The Gift' doesn't explain what this Wraith scientist was trying to achieve. All it tells us is how is how his experiment went wrong.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
        'The Gift' doesn't explain what this Wraith scientist was trying to achieve. All it tells us is how is how his experiment went wrong.
        Spoiler for "The Gift" follows and I'm not sure I truly understand how to block them yet! I hope this works. If it doesn't, please forgive me. I'll keep working on it.

Ciannwn,
        I agree.
        Spoiler:
        In "The Gift" it is the Atlantis team that speculates that the Wraith were trying to improve the herd by infusing Wraith genes. The actual intention of the Wraith scientist running the experiment is unknown. But whatever his intention, it seems to have been rather unpopular with some of the other Wraith since they "killed" the project and all those created by it. At least all they could catch. Since Teyla's ancestors survived to pass the gene along, they clearly didn't get them all.

Spikey,

I wondered about Todd and the research facility too. I'm still trying to figure out what Todd's knowledge base actually is. He is (or was) pretty clearly a hive commander and has vast knowledge of "ancient technology" (perhaps because he created some of it?) but I kind of thought of him as a computers and physics kind of guy rather than a biotech expert. Of course if you have the lifespan of a Wraith and live for thousands of years, even if you had to hibernate for much of it, you might be able to become a expert in many different fields.
        Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

I am going for Todd. He is a better candidate as the face of the Wraith. He is cunning, treacherous, resourceful, tenacious. Yet he has a kind of code of honor about him. Ultimately, it is because he has better personality. I just love Wraith Humor hahahaha!!!!!!!!!
          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
            I am going for Todd. He is a better candidate as the face of the Wraith.
            Not to mention he still has a Wraith-face.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk
              But I'm really confused by something das mentioned. Todd's knife? What knife? I pay pretty close attention when he is on-screen, and don't ever recall seeing a knife. Unless the "knife" is that little purple thing he is wearing on his left hand in "Be All My Sins Remembered"?
              Oh, sorry. The knife is from concept art for The Last Man. I thought everyone knew about it because we've talked about it before. It's kinda cool (From JM's blog - TLM Spoilers!):

Spoiler:

das
              sigpic

Comment

Oh, sorry. The knife is from concept art for The Last Man. I thought everyone knew about it because we've talked about it before. It's kinda cool (From JM's blog - TLM Spoilers!):

Spoiler:

das
                Such a pretty thing...

I hope he shoves it into an enemy, rather than a friend...

Comment

Spoiler:
                  I always wondered what weapons the wraith have besides stunners. wouldn't mind seeing more of those.

Comment

Spoiler:

das

PRETTY! I would love to see a place like House of Knifes start carrying a collectors edition of a knife like that.
                    Drools...

^_^
                    sigpic
                    Thanks for the sig idea Das!

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                      I always wondered what weapons the wraith have besides stunners. wouldn't mind seeing more of those.
                      Some Wraith are stunners!

Comment

Some Wraith are stunners!
                        I couldn't agree more!

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                          I couldn't agree more!

Comment

Such a pretty thing...

I hope he shoves it into an enemy, rather than a friend...
                            What a gorgeous piece of weaponry! And with that wonderful organo-tech Wraith style... Thank you for sharing it. I do so love pointy things. Sorry for making you rehash old info, but I just joined the forums yesterday and have not caught up on all of the chat. Please bear with me while I struggle to keep up.

And I still haven't joined the Wraith Defense group. So much to do, so little time.
                            Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                              I am going for Todd. He is a better candidate as the face of the Wraith. He is cunning, treacherous, resourceful, tenacious. Yet he has a kind of code of honor about him. Ultimately, it is because he has better personality. I just love Wraith Humor hahahaha!!!!!!!!!
                              Michael has honor. He's probably the most honorable wraith there is. Teyla lied to him and that's why he wants to kill her. Ronon never lied to him and wanted to kill him, that's why Micheal respects him.

Some might even argue that Todd's cooperation (resourcefulness) is a sing of weakness therefor he's not as honorable wraith. A real wraith would have used the first opportunity to kill rodney and as many others as he could.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post
                                Some might even argue that Todd's cooperation (resourcefulness) is a sing of weakness therefor he's not as honorable wraith. A real wraith would have used the first opportunity to kill rodney and as many others as he could.
                                'Real' Wraith have human worshippers. From 'Common Ground' before Todd got his name.

WRAITH: The gift of life is reserved only for our most devout worshippers ... and our brothers.

Was Todd lying here seeing as the Ori followers carried on being devout even though 'Origen' never led any of them to ascension? I'm guessing it would be easier to fool people by saying they hadn't followed an ascension path properly so their minds and bodies weren't up to it. If Wraith worshippers had never met anyone who'd received the gift of life it would be more difficult to keep them devout.

Seeing as Wraith use humans for various tasks I don't find it odd for Todd to work with humans for his own advantage.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X