Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael vs Todd: who will be the last wraith standing as THE face of the wraith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do preffer Todd, I don't like Michael since his first episode. And Todd's humor? Wow, awesome. He's such a character you've no idea what he's doing and why, or if he's an ally or not. I want more Todd, and more Queens as wise as he is.
    Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
    But Todd isn't TOO much different - he just plays his cards closer to the vest. He's like the Captain Jack Sparrow of the Pegasus Galaxy.

I am worried about his fate, however. In The Last Man spoilers, there's something that worries me: (From JM's blog): "A great season-ender (and a bit of a tearjerker -- I defy you not to cry or feel sad or pity or slightly dizzy) with a final shot that will have fandom buzzing from final fade to the opening shot of season five."

Now - we won't feel 'pity' for any of the main characters - those we will feel sad for, or cry for. The only ones we might feel pity for are the 'enemy', and so that makes me wonder if there will be something that makes us 'feel pity' for the Wraith, or for a Wraith character.

I really wish JM would say if Todd was going to be in more than one episode in S5. With just the mention that Todd will make 'an appearance', it could mean he makes only one - and it will be his last.

And yeah - I am way too worried about this - but I just really love the character and don't want him killed off.

das
    "Captain Jack Sparrow of the Pegasus", a good point here.
    I don't want to make you worry, but isn't Todd in fact appearing in TLM? Anyway, I wish him many more good years of live...
    Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
    I think they respect honesty from humans because it means the human isn't stupid or wasting their time, ultimately you cant lie to a wraith at least the queens can force you to tell the truth to them. It makes sense being connected telepathically makes it hard to lie to each other if they are withholding something from each other they know. They wont know what is being withheld just that it is.
    Well, and the Wraiths are ruling the galaxy for some time now, so why would they need to lie? They're the most powerfull, so they do whatever they want, no need to lie.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
      at least I'm not the only one. in midway, when the lead wraith said he "procured" the information from todd, I immediately worried if he was alive or not. I was getting ready to storm into midway and "procure" some info of my own.

as far as the tearjerker finale, I don't think it'll be todd injured/dying. I'm thinking it'll have something to do with teyla/her son. or, it could also be michael - pity could be felt for him because the human experiment essentially ruined his very way of life.
      I think the tearjerker finale has to do with everyone. the way things turned out. sort of like Before I Sleep. How everyone's end was sort of tragic. In the end, I think Mckay's fate will be the greatest tearjerker.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Todd gets my vote, even though I like Michael, Todd stands a better chance. He's not going 'round making enemies of everyone he meets.

I agree with people who see Todd as being an 'older wiser' sort of Wraith, he knows how to play his cards. Michael's too set on revenge on everyone.

As for a personal one-on-one show down? I would love to see that fight! Like the Ronon/Teal'c battle! But show more then ten seconds of it please.

Drools
        ^_^
        sigpic
        Thanks for the sig idea Das!

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
          I think the tearjerker finale has to do with everyone. the way things turned out. sort of like Before I Sleep. How everyone's end was sort of tragic. In the end, I think Mckay's fate will be the greatest tearjerker.
          what could happen to mckay? I don't see him being written out anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
            Thats the question. In s5 who will be the face of the wraith race? Will it be todd the sometimes ally wraith commander? Or will it be the semi human wraith scientist michael and his army of aratuswraith?

Predictions?

I Would hope we see both of them next season, i'm not fussed if they're the face of the wraith or not.

Comment

lulz weve found the wraiths redeeming social value..... honesty XDDDDD

Comment

I am worried about his fate, however. In The Last Man spoilers, there's something that worries me: (From JM's blog): "A great season-ender (and a bit of a tearjerker -- I defy you not to cry or feel sad or pity or slightly dizzy) with a final shot that will have fandom buzzing from final fade to the opening shot of season five."

Now - we won't feel 'pity' for any of the main characters - those we will feel sad for, or cry for. The only ones we might feel pity for are the 'enemy', and so that makes me wonder if there will be something that makes us 'feel pity' for the Wraith, or for a Wraith character.
                I seem to be following you around Gateworld replying to all your posts I'm not stalking you, honest!

Spoilers for 'Kindred', based on the promo...

Spoiler:
                I do think the 'feeling pity' thing could be related to the Wraith, and it might be that we're going to feel sorry for the Wraith in general because something horrible happens to them as a race, maybe something that's set up in the next couple of episodes. Based on the promo, perhaps there's a mass poisoning which the humans either try and fail to stop, or refuse to help with, and then end up feeling really bad when lots of Wraith die horribly? In which case, I really hope Todd doesn't end up dying because the humans refused, or failed, to help him. I can see how that would evoke our pity (and for some of us, a certain righteous, murderous rage!)
                'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.' - Nietzsche
                'Real-time genetic mutation. More than human! The next step in our evolution as a species!.' - Lord Kane
                'I don't want to be a *god*. I just want to bring fire to the people - and I want my cut.' - Lex Luthor
                'What one has, one ought to use, and whatever he does he should do with all his might.' - Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by magneticresonance
                  I seem to be following you around Gateworld replying to all your posts I'm not stalking you, honest!
                  No worries! I'm just glad to have fellow Wraith lovers to play with!

Spoilers for 'Kindred', based on the promo...

Spoiler:
                  I do think the 'feeling pity' thing could be related to the Wraith, and it might be that we're going to feel sorry for the Wraith in general because something horrible happens to them as a race, maybe something that's set up in the next couple of episodes. Based on the promo, perhaps there's a mass poisoning which the humans either try and fail to stop, or refuse to help with, and then end up feeling really bad when lots of Wraith die horribly? In which case, I really hope Todd doesn't end up dying because the humans refused, or failed, to help him. I can see how that would evoke our pity (and for some of us, a certain righteous, murderous rage!)
                  Spoiler:

Murderous rage is RIGHT!! And I agree - the 'pity' thing seems like something you'd feel for an enemy, and the only enemy left is Michael and his bugs, Todd, and the Wraith in general. The pity COULD be for Michael, simply because he's been around for longer, and this might be his send-off...but...not sure Michael is in the Last Man. then, we could see this season (S4) as Todd's season, since he's been in so many episodes - and so they might want to kill him off because they feel they've done all they can with the guy. AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!! Three more episodes to go, and it's driving me crazy!! THEN...gonna have to wait until S5 begins to find out the ending. THAT is gonna be the killer.

das
                  sigpic

Comment

No worries! I'm just glad to have fellow Wraith lovers to play with!

Spoiler:

Murderous rage is RIGHT!! And I agree - the 'pity' thing seems like something you'd feel for an enemy, and the only enemy left is Michael and his bugs, Todd, and the Wraith in general. The pity COULD be for Michael, simply because he's been around for longer, and this might be his send-off...but...not sure Michael is in the Last Man. then, we could see this season (S4) as Todd's season, since he's been in so many episodes - and so they might want to kill him off because they feel they've done all they can with the guy. AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!! Three more episodes to go, and it's driving me crazy!! THEN...gonna have to wait until S5 begins to find out the ending. THAT is gonna be the killer.

das
                    Spoiler:
                    Well, as Michael's said to be the star in "Search and Rescue", I don't see why we should feel pity for him before, unless all "The Last Man" is a big trip in time for Sheppard. Still it seems to me, that "Search and Rescue" is a conclusion of "The Kindred" two-parter. So I think that TLM should be fitting into that four episodes story-line, and so, there may be Michael in there.

Comment

Originally posted by magneticresonance View Post
                      No one is stalking Das, honestly!

*Sneaks up to das, pokes her, and runs away in stealth*

Oh das and co, where did you get the information from that Michael isn't in The Last Man?

We're getting 4 Michael eps after each other... Silly peeps.
                      Last edited by GoSpikey; 19 February 2008, 12:10 PM.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey
                        Oh das and co, where did you get the information from that Michael isn't in The Last Man?

I didn't know. I really try to avoid spoilers because they make me crazy, so all I knew is that Todd is in TLM, or at least his knife is...

NO idea what episodes Michael is in - I heard a couple next season, but not sure. What I REALLY wanna know is if Todd will be in more than one episode next season, or what. Someone go ask JM. (not me, I already whine too much about the Wraith on his blog...)

das
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                          i certainly hope so. i LOVE Micheal. it's his hatred towards humans, towards atlantis expedition. he only follows his hatred and wants nothing less than a painful death of everyone on atlantis...expect Ronon i guess, since he wants to fight him and than kill him. leaving the hatred for a second, he is clearly very intelligent. he created those bugs to protect himself, and clearly those we saw were not the only ones. Micheal should become our number one enemy. it be cool. the wraith want him dead, we want him dead (even though we don't have the guts to kill him) and he wants us and the wraith dead. a season where Micheal fights us and the wraith would be very good. and Todd eventually comes to us seeking an alliance to find Micheal and kill him...but it's just wishful thinking.
                          sigpic

Comment

I wanna see a gate open and thousands of those things come pouring out. Yikes! Prolly just kill myself to save myself from the feeling of being eaten by anthropromorphized bugs.

Comment

I'm new to the forum, but have been following some of the discussions here and thought I would chime in.

I agree that both Todd and Michael present different faces of the Wraith and I think there could easily be room for both to continue as part of the plot for the next season.

Personally, I would love to see some episodes that give us more insight into Wraith culture and history, and, more specifically, Todd's past. And I hope the writers give Todd the chance to cut loose and give us some good ol' Wraith aggression like he did in Common Ground. He may not want to make enemies of Shepard's team at the moment, but he can't be a nice guy ALL of the time.

If it came down to a one on one between Michael and Todd, I think Todd would definitely be the victor. He has the age, wisdom, experience (and possibly the treachery) to overcome Michael's youth, skill and army of bug soldiers. That should be the outcome -- unless, of course, it doesn't fit with the writers' plans.
                              Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
                                I'm new to the forum, but have been following some of the discussions here and thought I would chime in.

I agree that both Todd and Michael present different faces of the Wraith and I think there could easily be room for both to continue as part of the plot for the next season.

Personally, I would love to see some episodes that give us more insight into Wraith culture and history, and, more specifically, Todd's past. And I hope the writers give Todd the chance to cut loose and give us some good ol' Wraith aggression like he did in Common Ground. He may not want to make enemies of Shepard's team at the moment, but he can't be a nice guy ALL of the time.

If it came down to a one on one between Michael and Todd, I think Todd would definitely be the victor. He has the age, wisdom, experience (and possibly the treachery) to overcome Michael's youth, skill and army of bug soldiers. That should be the outcome -- unless, of course, it doesn't fit with the writers' plans.
                                Welcome to the board, and congrats on your first ever post on GW!

I've just finished watching "The Gift", and that scientist storyline kind of would be soooo for Todd. Experimenting on humans to make the feeding process more efficient... But efficient in what way we do not know, or can't I remember? Maybe make them stronger, longer lasting? So less people are required.

Great ep.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Working...
                                X