This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wass
    There are quite a lot holes in you theory but I’m too tired to point them all out so I’ll just point one of them out.

Spoiler:
    In the forthcoming episode of Atlantis “Before I sleep” we will learn that it was Dr Weir who told the Ancients to submerge the city under water.

Except that there is no evidence that the gou’old took a ancients as there hosts.
    Well first of all, how did you know the plot of a future episode? Have you been playing around with the Ancient time machine again? But anyway, maybe she told them so purely to save the station. It has little to do with my theory. And if you don't point out all the holes, how am I suppose to fix them?

Second, it's established that Goa'ulds took Ancient technologies as their own, and used gate network, AND mine naqudah, a power source used by the Ancients. Is it not possible that goa'uld ever took few ancients as hosts?

Comment

"Second, it's established that Goa'ulds took Ancient technologies as their own, and used gate network, AND mine naqudah, a power source used by the Ancients. Is it not possible that goa'uld ever took few ancients as hosts?"

Earth has learnt how to use the Stargate network, and started building ships using Naquada generators, doesn't mean we have full access to Ancient knowledge. I suspect the Goa'uld started backward engineering most of the stuff they found till they understood how to use it.

I doubt any Ancient had ever been taken host by a Goa'uld, basically becuase if there had been then the Goa'uld would have been much more powerful than that which we've seen.
      The Asgard Protected Planets treaty for example wouldn't be in place cos the Goa'uld would have felt confident enough to breach it. However it can't be a minor goa'uld who took a host either, because the knowledge he would have possessed would have enabled him to rise through the System Lords.

Comment

Also by the time the Gou'old rise to power, the ancients were long gone, either dead from the virus or managed to ascend.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
        X