This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Fischer
    This is true. Guess being a non-coporial glowy thing isn't what it's cracked up to be.
    cool i was right beacsuse i have no idea what i just said in the last post

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
      Exactly my point. Atlantis is physical. They aren't. They're too good to be bothered with physical things now that they are all noncoporial and glowy.
      So? I'm too good for this Forum, and I'm still here talking to you guys.

J/K
      Rocky

Comment

lol yeah we don't want no non-coporial glowy things posting herej/k

Comment

Maybe an episode of Atlantis will explain how the whole rule about "no interference" came about. My recollection of 503 Ascension and the character of Orlin is a bit fuzzy. To me, the Ancients come off as a bit hypocritical. They'll help you ascend to a higher existance, but won't interfere for the good of the universe. How stupid is that?

As for why they stop people from using Ancient technology, take Anubis for example. That pretty much answers your question there.
          "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

They wont help you. Oma is an outlaw for doing it.

Comment

Do you guys think that the Jinai have people who can use the Ancient technology?

Comment

Originally posted by Positively Kanyon
                Maybe an episode of Atlantis will explain how the whole rule about "no interference" came about. My recollection of 503 Ascension and the character of Orlin is a bit fuzzy. To me, the Ancients come off as a bit hypocritical. They'll help you ascend to a higher existance, but won't interfere for the good of the universe. How stupid is that?

As for why they stop people from using Ancient technology, take Anubis for example. That pretty much answers your question there.
                Obviously they watched too much StarTrek with their "Prime Directive" and such!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

they dont care about people using their tech, its their own people (glowy things) they dont like interfering with other cultures that would not have know how to make it anyway. its basicly when they give them the knowladge of how to kill other ors advance. when we found atlantis we found it we dont know how to build it. we can only use it for the application it was made for. we can't change it to do something else we arn't that advanced.

Comment

yeah good point

Comment

Basically it boils down to the Ancients being slack and thinking they're too good for us... That's the way I see it...
                      "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Originally posted by Positively Kanyon

there scared of what they can do, orlins planet that had to be destroyed

Comment

How do we know the Ancients who ascended don't want to interfere but are forbidden by ascended who ascended before them? I'm sure they wern't the first. I could imagine some arrogant billion year old race deciding they're better then everyone else and ascending and then dictating rules to anyone else who ascended afterward.
                          sigpic
                          I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
                          'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
                          'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

Well, according to Daniel, their main rule is that they are not allowed to interact with the non-ascended beings of the universe, and those who do are outcasts and sometimes stripped of their ascension (such as Daniel). To me, it seems weird that even when someone was ascended that descended, they still needed the help of the others (Orlin) which brings to question on how the first of the Ancients actually ascended. And the only time the "Others" stepped in was because Orlin had taught/communicated to the people how to build the advance weapon to defend themselves from the goa'uld. But then they wanted to use it for galactic domination, in which the Others wiped the entire civilization out and banished Orlin to that planet. I am sure that in SG-1 or Atlantis, they will explain to the extent of us coming to an understanding on how the Ancients think and why they do that thing they do and as Jack would say: Not to sound like the inferior species, but why not (in helping us).
                            Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Working...
                            X