Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Procul-Arum? Why am I humming "Whiter Shade of Pale" all of a sudden ...

Comment

I know this was going to happen. I knew those Ancients would be hanging around.

As for the ascended Ancients, I dont' know what they care if one of their own stops the Wraith. They're part of the reason why they had to ascend in the first place. Big brats those Ancients were.

Comment

The Ancients are all big and powerful, but they seem to be conceited a$$holes.

On a seperate note, wouldn't it be interesting if the Aschen were the next beings to "ascend". I wonder what would happen.

Comment

Mc Kay proven to be right?

Oy! Can't be good for the ego!
          "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

Out of all the upcoming episodes we know about (possibly with the exception of the mid-season story arc), I think this one sounds the most interesting.

Oh, and it seems to indicate that if an ascended Ancient interferes with a human civilization, their punishment may be that they have to remain on the planet in question. In this case, to keep protecting the people there (presumably because her initial "mistake" of helping them would otherwise lead to their destruction - possibly they would be a priority target for the Wraith?) and in Orlin's case, simply as punishment because his interference had led to the others being forced to wipe out the people he had helped.
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Sounds like a very interesting episode, do any of you guys think that there maybe a big reason why ascended Ancient don't interfere with a human civilizations I mean alot of people think that the ancients a******* etc but could there be a bigger reason which the TPTB might explain later on in Atlantis.
              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                Sounds like a very interesting episode, do any of you guys think that there maybe a big reason why ascended Ancient don't interfere with a human civilizations I mean alot of people think that the ancients a******* etc but could there be a bigger reason which the TPTB might explain later on in Atlantis.
                Not only an interesting episode, but quite possibly a VERY pivitol one.
                Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by furlingirl
                  Procul-Arum? Why am I humming "Whiter Shade of Pale" all of a sudden ...

First thing I thought of, too. Is this what happens when the stoners of Atlantis get to name things, or is this going to be an ill-advised running joke? I can hardly wait to see what awaits the team on Planets Hawkwind, Traffic and Uriah Heep.

I was amazed to learn that Procul Harum are still touring; they've been in Europe this summer. Looks like only one original member, though.
                  We suspend our disbelief, and we are entertained...

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                    Yes, even if they can interfere they can never predict what's gonna happen. So look at orlin. He helped his people by providing them a weapon. That was fine. But then the people started to use that against other innocent people and so on. So the Ascended better do not interfere, because sometimes it is better when the people have some enemies. So they fite the bad guys instead of fiting each other and so on.

If more question, Pm me to get a link to a thread tha contains this topic.
                    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by NurseRatched
                      First thing I thought of, too. Is this what happens when the stoners of Atlantis get to name things, or is this going to be an ill-advised running joke?
                      Maybe the writer miss the 1970s?

I can hardly wait to see what awaits the team on Planets Hawkwind, Traffic and Uriah Heep.
                      I'm hoping for Planet Zappa, myself.
                      Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home.

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Comment

I thought the synopsis was a joke at first when I read "Procul-Arum". I would love to know what they thinking/smoking when they came up with that name.

Comment

Originally posted by Cydonia
                          I thought the synopsis was a joke at first when I read "Procul-Arum". I would love to know what they thinking/smoking when they came up with that name.
                          Does that name means anything particular?

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Do a Web search for "Procul Harum". All will be made clear.
                            We suspend our disbelief, and we are entertained...

Comment

Originally posted by Mirabel
                              I'm hoping for Planet Zappa, myself.
                              Would it be populated by Catholic Girls?

Comment

Originally posted by NurseRatched
                                Do a Web search for "Procul Harum". All will be made clear.
                                Ok, so a singer huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X