This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
    I don't want to restart the kirking vs. not kirking debate, but I do think that the focus on "Babe Magnet" Shep and having him constantly be the flirtor or flirtee was detrimental to his character. Epiphany was rumored to have some sorely needed backstory for Shep, but it was apparently pushed aside to have yet another woman throw herself at him.

Now it appears that his backstory will be featured in early s3, but is it too little too late? And this goes for not just Shep, but all the underdeveloped characters as well.
    I do agree with you on this. I do think the "Babe Magnet" part was something done by Sci-fi channel. I don't think it had anything to do with the Stargate producers and writers.

The character part you are right on the money. I did think Epiphany was more of a story about those who were there to ascend. I give Sheppard some leeway in this show because to him six months had passed and he was beginning to wonder if he was ever going to be rescued. Perhaps he felt the rest of his life was going to be spent there.
    "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
    'Eleanor Roosevelt'
    Individuality is freedom lived.
    'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1ssm
      I liked a couple of the episodes, but I started this thread because I HATED others.
      If you don't want any discussion in this thread that is not anti-season two just let us know and I will stay out of the thread.
      "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
      'Eleanor Roosevelt'
      Individuality is freedom lived.
      'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
        I do agree with you on this. I do think the "Babe Magnet" part was something done by Sci-fi channel. I don't think it had anything to do with the Stargate producers and writers.

The character part you are right on the money. I did think Epiphany was more of a story about those who were there to ascend. I give Sheppard some leeway in this show because to him six months had passed and he was beginning to wonder if he was ever going to be rescued. Perhaps he felt the rest of his life was going to be spent there.
        Probably did...
        I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Working...
        X