Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She has a great voice. I think it fits very well to her medieval-like Athosian culture. I also liked the Lire music.
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Rachel sounds quite lovely. The song is very ethereal, and I agree with whoever likened it to celtic.

Thank you Macktheknife for the sound file.

Hurry up January.

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
        I loved the song! I thought it was very pretty! Rachel has a gorgeous voice. I also thought it was a nice moment for a sort of montage - worked really well, and help keep the viewer from losing track of the main story during the song.

I gotta agree, though, the dubbing job was pretty poor.
        I must say that I really got emotional whilst Teyla sang that song. For some reason, I think that the inclusion of her singing would've done better in a 90-minute episode.

Comment

Beside from the part where she talks at the start it doesn't sound like her. She is very multi-talented.
          Much better than what i expected!

Comment

Thanks, The song just made that episode so much more of a Stargate classic (not just an Atlantis or SG-1 Classic, but a Stargate classic..)

Comment

thanx for the links.

did anyone manage to get the lyrics to it as well? i only got the first two or three verses, and then i was lost. doesn't sound very clear on the computer speakers. maybe if i had head-phones...
              "Once you blow up a sun and everybody expects you to walk on water!"- Sam Carter ("Reckoning Part 2")

Comment

Originally posted by nyuszi
                thanx for the links.

did anyone manage to get the lyrics to it as well? i only got the first two or three verses, and then i was lost. doesn't sound very clear on the computer speakers. maybe if i had head-phones...

Here it is:

Beyond the night, a rising sun
                Beyond the night, the battle's won
                The battle is won.

Fear and shame now in the past
                Pain and sorrow gone at last
                Gone at last.

Circle renewed, peace will be found
                Beyond the night on sacred ground.

River flows led by the wind
                First new breath, our journey begins
                Our journey begins.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyMckay
                  Rachel Luttrell is a very talented singer
                  Yeah so is Chris Judge, did you
                  Spoiler:
                  download (oops sorry)
                  , see the uncut version of Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown (that only appeared on the UK DVD Release).
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks!!!! What a voice RL has, wow!
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

She can also play the paino and she is a licensed bartender. WOW. According to IMDb she studied shakespeare in university

Comment

Thanks for uploading the song to various hosts. Much appreciated.

Comment

This song reminds me of a song I have heard before. Is this a remake of a song done by another artist, or an original song? Does anyone know?

I agree, Rachel's voice is AMAZING. I really do hope they allow her to sing again.

I agree also that this song will probably (I say probably cause in the states we have not seen Critical Mass) make this a Stargate classic. I have seen a vid done for the episode by Torri http://delcroixjeanluc.free.fr/213/CriticalMass.wmv and it almost brought me to tears the first time I saw it. So if the song goes along with the episode as much as that vid does, wow!

Sig by Dorka.Thanks!

*~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Comment

thats an awesome vid, kinda spoils the ep tho!

Rachel does have an amazing voice, damn impressed by it during the ep
                            Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

thanx for the lyrics. saved them...

and thanx for the vid as well. yay! can't wait to see the ep.
                              "Once you blow up a sun and everybody expects you to walk on water!"- Sam Carter ("Reckoning Part 2")

Comment

heck i doubt it was her, and she was playbacking, i even hated the song moment
                                agh, the important is you guys liked, so they pleased the majority =P

Comment

Working...
                                X