This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
    We were taught that we can't rely on just our personal beliefs in some absolute truth or higher power being that has established a set of morals because you can not prove their existance.
    This is exactly where we disagree.

OK guys. I'm done. All the answers to your questions are contained within or can be logically concluded from my previous posts. If you don't understand, or still want to ask me something, go ahead. I know it was intentional. I know Sumner may have even asked him to do it. But I still believe that objectively, the act can never be justified. Although I think Sheppard made what he believed at the time to be the best decision, I still say that after thinking back on it in the end, he knew that he had been wrong, and that he was going to have to live with his decision. That's all. And as VirtualCLD already said:
    Originally posted by VirtualCLD
    Maybe Shepard made right decision, maybe not, but this gives the writers the ability to develop the Shepard character by having him live with his decision and always question his decision when a similar situation arises in the future.
    I think this can be the only conclusion that we will all finally agree on.
    Last edited by puddlejumper747; 21 July 2004, 10:29 AM.
    There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Agreed with that 100%!

Comment

Working...
      X