This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EYU86
    But a ship is flying through it I don't think the gate can determine which side is right side up.
    When you dial the gate, you just have to look and see which chevron lights up first. That'll tell ya which chevron is chevron one, etc.
    Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
      When you dial the gate, you just have to look and see which chevron lights up first. That'll tell ya which chevron is chevron one, etc.
      In the heat of a dogfight, I don't thik theres time to pay attention to that when you should be watching out for projectiles
      *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
      McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

In the heat of a dogfight, I don't thik theres time to pay attention to that when you should be watching out for projectiles
        Yeah, well, watcha gonna do?
        Rocky

Comment

We know the directors probably didn't take this into account when they made SGA season 1, so I won't even think about it anymore.

Comment

But a ship is flying through it I don't think the gate can determine which side is right side up.
            Well there are two justifcations in two different subject areas...

The mathematical: A ship flying at the correct coordinates to make a perfect parabola can level itself out to what it perceives to be on roughly a 0 degree angle...or a flat landing...

The science fictional: The gate on Atlantis's side knows the puddle jumper (and others') body well enough to compensate for any uneven positioning AND speedwhen it comes in for a landing.

Comment

Good idea.
              Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                Well there are two justifcations in two different subject areas...

The mathematical: A ship flying at the correct coordinates to make a perfect parabola can level itself out to what it perceives to be on roughly a 0 degree angle...or a flat landing...

The science fictional: The gate on Atlantis's side knows the puddle jumper (and others') body well enough to compensate for any uneven positioning AND speedwhen it comes in for a landing.
                I'm just gonna ignore this and anything after because I don't care anymore.

*Edit*
                But my other post got no answer.
                What if someone walks through the gate on their hands? Do they get flipped right side up?

Comment

Oohh i wonder what sucke... I mean idio... I mean gul... I mean moro... I mean brave volunteer would like to test the "auto slow down" feature by flying a puddlejumer as fast as they can (first with "nacelles" extended, then with without if they survive the first one) into a stargate that is dialed into Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                    Oohh i wonder what sucke... I mean idio... I mean gul... I mean moro... I mean brave volunteer would like to test the "auto slow down" feature by flying a puddlejumer as fast as they can (first with "nacelles" extended, then with without if they survive the first one) into a stargate that is dialed into Atlantis.
                    Yea, that was pretty "brave" considering thats the first time he ever flew it.
                    But then again, his mind was kinda interfaced with the ship so it may have been an instinct that was placed into his head by the ship.

Comment

What if someone walks through the gate on their hands? Do they get flipped right side up?
                      No. You always exit the gate the same way you entered it. At least, that's what they've always shown us in the series (the place switching in Prodigy was a goof). The exception being in the beginning when they were hurled out of the puddle all frozen.
                      Last edited by Ugly Pig; 19 July 2004, 01:29 PM. Reason: Spelling
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                        No. You always exit the gate the same way you entered it. At least, that's what they've always shown us in the series (the place switching in Prodigy was a goof). The exception being in the beginning when they were hurled out of the puddle all frozen.
                        Don't say that, your just gonna spark more arguement.

Comment

well, you can see through the back of the event horizon (Children of the Gods, Prodigy...) so that would help to tell what side to go through.

And the Puddle Jumper probably spins until its going through the right way up, just so it doesn't crash into the floor of the Gaterium

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                            Gaterium
                            Its the Embarkation Room
                            Just cuz it sounds neat

Comment

Its the Embarkation Room
                              Just cuz it sounds neat
                              'Embarkation Room' doesn't sound neat. Which is why they renamed it to simply 'the Gate Room' on SG-1.
                              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by deluzion
                                In this episode, Samantha Carter travels with Cadet Hailey to a moon M4C-862. When the arrive on the moon, suddenly Carter and Hailey have switched positions (Carter is now to her right as where she was originally to her left). Perhaps this was an oversight, or it could be an effect of the stargate when travelling to certian destinations. So, if you can be transposed from Left to Right then you can certianlly be transposed upside down!
                                If you listen to the director's commentary on Prodigy (which you should if only for the theme song lyrics ) you'll hear PDL admitting that he screwed up on that.
                                Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                                O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                                - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                                - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                                once done, cannot be undone...
                                brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Working...
                                X