This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
    For some reason, I couldn't get the theme from Star Trek Voyager off my mind all night after watching it... Seriously.
    Well, the Voyager theme was written by the dad of the guy who's been doing the Stargate music recently....
    Benford's Corollary to Clarke's Law:
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."

Comment

Iwas going to say that also. Joel Golsmith co-composed First Contact (I believe) with his dad Jerry, but nah, I did not think of Voyager at all. it sounded pretty original to me and I've got a pretty good ear when it comes to music

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
      from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

Yea I hate the pharaoh opening to, I didn’t see a new opening till season 6, but when you get season 1 on DVD, it has a totally different opening, why did they change it just for the DVD? And I can’t wait to see the opening for episode 3 of Atlantis, I hope they don’t make it like Stargate with the gate spinning and lots of clips.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
          Yea I hate the pharaoh opening to, I didn’t see a new opening till season 6, but when you get season 1 on DVD, it has a totally different opening, why did they change it just for the DVD? And I can’t wait to see the opening for episode 3 of Atlantis, I hope they don’t make it like Stargate with the gate spinning and lots of clips.
          No spinnig stargates in Atlantis, so probably no gate spinning clips in the title sequence.

Comment

... I hope they don’t make it like Stargate with the gate spinning and lots of clips.
            Well, seeing as how the gate doesn't mechanically spin anymore I don't think they will be doing that. They might do it with the lights, but I can't really picture it looking nice that way. My favourite opening was probably the one from early season six with just the close-up of the gate.
            My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
              Iwas going to say that also. Joel Golsmith co-composed First Contact (I believe) with his dad Jerry
              Well, it depends on how you define "co-compose"; each wrote pieces of music for the movie, but they didn't work together on the same pieces.

but nah, I did not think of Voyager at all. it sounded pretty original to me and I've got a pretty good ear when it comes to music
              Same here, on both counts.
              Last edited by ATimson; 20 July 2004, 10:48 AM. Reason: typo fixes

Comment

lol, you new fine well what I meant, twas clearly a mistake.

Comment

I didn’t see a new opening till season 6, but when you get season 1 on DVD, it has a totally different opening, why did they change it just for the DVD?
                  Almost all of the first three seasons (322 being the exception) used the syndication opening rather than the Showtime one. I don't know why they switched, but it corresponded with when they began recording commentaries, if that means anything.

(Did the 322 commentary make it onto the R2 or R4 DVDs? It's not on the R1 DVDs....)

And I can’t wait to see the opening for episode 3 of Atlantis, I hope they don’t make it like Stargate with the gate spinning and lots of clips.
                  Keep in mind, they don't have that much material to get clips from....

Comment

I thought the spinning gate opening from Redemption and the Head opening were the two best. I think the DVD clips opening from seasons 1-3 was really tacky and made it seem like a overly american show, like a sitcom or something especially the way the characters faces poped up with their names. The intro to season 6-onwards ain't too bad just the way the characters pop up is a bit cheesy still.

Comment

erm, what do you mean by 'popup'?

And, syndication? is that a channel, and showtime? stargate is on sci-fi. and why would different channels have different openings?

Comment

Yea I hate the pharaoh opening to, I didn’t see a new opening till season 6, but when you get season 1 on DVD, it has a totally different opening, why did they change it just for the DVD?
                        They didn't. That version was originally used in syndication. Or so I've heard.
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I don't remeber seeing it in syndication when I used to watch it on the Japanese channel.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I wouldn't know about airings in Japan, but when they showed season 1 in Norway the versions they aired were identical to the DVD, except they were 4:3 instead of 16:9.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

The theme they played at the start of Atlantis reminded me of the theme from Water World. Which I love.

Comment

I'll have to say that I loved the Pharaoh motion control shot from the TV series. I saw Stargate ages ago and so when SG-1 came on I didnt know it was from the feature. I think its good because it's different from other shows, which feel that you have to have an in your face opening titles sequence to draw their viewers in. it's as if they think that if you don't have a cool, fast paced openeing sequence then you'll get bored and turn it off.

For 5 years they had the Pharaoh titles. In syndication they created a montage opening sequence because they felt they needed something cool to hook their audiences. The Showtime network was subscription so they felt they believed their viewers were paying for that channel so they wanted to see what was on it. In Syndication oweer, it's free so they felt they had to make that catchy, hooky sequence.

Although, originally the reason for the Pharaoh opening titles was that they didnt have a lot of cool shots to create a montage. So they went with the feature titles and stuck with it for five years. When they left showtime they decided to change. So the Pharaoh sequence is really a Showtime thing

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
                                from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

Working...
                                X