Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My preferred theory for explaining why the Wraith in Pegasus seem so wimpy compared to their reputation as a race that could beat the ancients is; most of them migrated to the next-door Andromeda Galaxy and Pegasus is now just the Wraith boonies.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
      *Drags the thread back from the depths of history*

Moral dilemna ...

What would you have done if you were:
      • Ellia
      • The SGA team (and had found out about her feeding habits, assuming you didn't have easy access to the retrovirus)
      The SGA team could send her through the Stargate to the Genii's home planet to eat Chief O Brien

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
        Sheppard was injured (and Rodney had a splinter ), so they hightailed it back to Atlantis as soon as she stopped getting back up. Since she had enhanced healing powers due to the retrovirus anyway it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that she was just unconsious and the damage healed. The retrovirus might wear of naturally; without booster injections the human DNA may resurface.
        When Ellia took the retro-virus she morphed into a super-wraith. She was stronger than a normal wraith, she easily snapped the male wraith's neck.
        The Defiant One survived a grenade going off under him and mutated-Ellia was a lot tougher than he was, so doesn't it stand to reason if Defiant survived the grenade then Ellia would survive a few P-90 shots and shots from Ronon's gun?

Comment

Originally posted by Demonique
          When Ellia took the retro-virus she morphed into a super-wraith. She was stronger than a normal wraith, she easily snapped the male wraith's neck.
          The Defiant One survived a grenade going off under him and mutated-Ellia was a lot tougher than he was, so doesn't it stand to reason if Defiant survived the grenade then Ellia would survive a few P-90 shots and shots from Ronon's gun?
          Precisely. And in conversion Sheppard was jumping off the walls, resisting stunner shots and healing really quickly

Those mutated Iratus-bug things would be great shock-troops for the Wraith, if a little uncontrollable. They could use them to break enemy morale and cause chaos while they're attacking.

Comment

Yeah just starve them for a wekk or two, load them up into a dart and beam them down in the middle of the enemy defences.

Instant mayhem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
              My preferred theory for explaining why the Wraith in Pegasus seem so wimpy compared to their reputation as a race that could beat the ancients is; most of them migrated to the next-door Andromeda Galaxy and Pegasus is now just the Wraith boonies.
              With Wraith Scientist's theories and yours, we're dealing with interesting stuff.

That would explain why they can't really cleverly update or repair ther ships (I mean, come on, someone has to be able to build them to boot, or do they just grow like that on planet sized shipyards that are run by a couple of keepers?).

A more evolved race, true warriors sleeping elsewhere, or else.
              A problem is how could they move to Andromeda, and not be able to do the jump to the Milky Way?

When I talk about writer cowardice on Atlantis this is the primary example. If they'd resolved this in any other way it would have been awesome, instead they chose to cheat everyone because they didn't want to have to make the characters justify a hard choice.
              Kavanagh fainting was a good one as well. Though they pondered their decision. The naughties.
              Last edited by Mister Oragahn; 08 June 2006, 01:47 PM.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

The Andromeda galaxy isn't that far from the Pegasus Galaxy. The Milky Way Galaxy is.
                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn
                  A more evolved race, true warriors sleeping elsewhere, or else.
                  A problem is how could they move to Andromeda, and not be able to do the jump to the Milky Way?
                  This was already answered just above but yeah, Pegasus is a satellite Galaxy of Andromeda as best as I know. Andromeda should probably dominate the night sky on just about any planet in Pegasus but I guess there wasn't enough FX money left over for an awe inspiring thing like that.

From there though it's not hard for some Wraith to think "I wonder what's over there".

They're clearly a nomadic species so it seems only natural that they'd wander. Maybe they found something(someone) in Andromeda they could eat as well.

Kavanagh fainting was a good one as well. Though they pondered their decision. The naughties.
                  I remember nearly hospitalizing myself from rolling my eyes so hard at that scene.

I mean come on, could they be any cheaper.

Comment

Hmm ...

If that adult Wraith in Instinct wnated an easy meal he could have just gone and snatched Zaddik while Ellia was out. Makes me wonder whether she might have had more control over him than she realized.

All the female Wraith we've seen so far were in leadership positions, so it's reasonable to assume that Ellia was a queen of some kind. Maybe young Wraith can't hibernate?

I think the Wraith ship that crashed might have been a Wraith Scout Ship. As it was crashing, it seemed to have been damaged heavily. Either it hit a meteor or collided with something in orbit around the planet, or it was hit by something (a weapon). Or maybe sabotaged?

I wonder if Wraith Scout Ships have hyperdrives. If they don't where was their hiveship? And why didn't the Wraith come back? How much importance do they place on a young Queen? And the Wraith in the forest didn't seem to care that the Queen was being brought up by a human either.

Comment

The scoutships do have hyperdrives, that seems to be the whole point of them actually, the smallest thing with a hyperdrive. They found one by itself in Aurora and nuked it remember.

The way I see the whole Ellia/Wraith male situation is that he was probably waiting for her to grow up so that he could start a hive with her and be a rather important wraith in it being the first male. He didn't want to do anything like kill her "father" because he probably felt that it would undermine his chances of romancing her as it were and that in time her Wraith nature would assert itself and she'd cast off or eat daddy on her own.

Of course it's also possible that hivequeens can exert some sort of unconcious control over male Wraith that makes them revert to being subservient and he stayed away from her because he didn't want to be warped into cooperating with humans as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X