Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just digging up this thread becasue the "Atlantis sucks" thread started turning into "Why Atlantis doesn't suck, and the person who started this thread appears to be trolling and not backing up their arguement" but then it started going off-topic and some other debtes ensued which I won't get into.

Having said that, I'd like to add/reitterate some points I made earlier.

Having seen another episode, I can say, without a doubt, McKay is my favorite character in Atlantis. I think he way more than just comic relief, although I will have to see where TPTB take him in the future. He has more depth than we were first shown in SG-1 and I think his character is growing. I think he does a great job of playing off the other characters (or more to the point, the way DH plays off of the other actors), with the exception of Teyla b/c we haven't seen McKay interact with Teyla too often.

I also tend to think of SG-A as a long distance extension of the SGC. I don't think it's a very ST: Voyager plot, but more like STS9 plot. SG-A is stuck, ATM, in the Pegasus galaxy, but they will continue to operate as a sattelite SGC. They may or may not contact SGC in the near or distant future, but even if they do, their not going to stop and come home. I think it was what someone else mentioned, if Voyager ever got home, the show was over. That was a one-way plot that would be difficult to change. If Atlantis team makes contact with the SGC and can go home if they wanted to, they're not going to pack up and leave. The show will not end, becasue the plot isn't about getting home, it's about exploring the Pegasus galaxy and learning about the Ancients and maybe defending against the Wraith.

OK, that's enough for now.

Comment

I love the relationship between the actors all ready.

I love the set.

I love the premise of the entire show.

I love tech, puddle jumper is way cool.

SGA rocks.
      sigpic

Comment

I've been a big fan of stargate since the begining but having watched the first few eps of atlantis, boy this series should be good. It has the potential to compete, maybe better SG1.

Comment

Working...
        X