This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as we keep the post count up!!!

:: sigh :: OK, I'll give some thought as to why Atlantis rocks and try and post those points.

Comment

If people can't post on topic in here, then the thread will get closed down.
      sigpic

Comment

outta 5 possible happy faces... each time I watch the premiere it gets better and I understand more whats going on each time.... I think alot of peple just watch it once and then complain when they didnt understand something.... yes there were some plot holes but every movie/show ever produced has some plot holes.
        Movie Theater

Comment

Okay...
          Everyone post one thing that made SGA rock
          -I thought the whole idea of a gate to be used in space was a very interesting idea. It opens whole new possibilities for a all out battle in space. Just gonna need more people who can pilot the Puddle-Jumpers.
          -The Puddle-Jumpers are very cool
          -Can't wait to see what secrets Teyla's people hides after seeing that laser thing she used to light the torch.
          *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
          McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Reasons Why Stargate Atlantis Rocks IMHO In no Particular Order:

1) Fresh Meat!! I mean, new characters, who defiantely have the potential to grow into fully developed people. I like Shepard and Weir, but I really like Beckett and McKay (it's the engineer in me). I didn't like him as much when we first saw him in SG-1, probably b/c he was portrayed as an arogant SOB, (oh wait, he is an arogant SOB... just like me!) He's definately much more likeable now. I'm also very interested in Ford. They go into his cahracter too much and I'm a bit dissapointed in that, but I really hope they develope him further. He's seems to be a new actor and may bring many new "untraditional" ideas to the screen that the more experienced actors may not come up with.

2) Although I miss the classic charm of the old gate, I like the new gate a lot. (Yea for LEDs, again ist's the electrical and computer engineer in me). I think it looks sharp and I like the flashing symbol sequence.

3) Atlantis itself!! you could spend almost an entire series on just the city I bet!! It's freaking huge and I would love the opportunity to explore all of it. I'm sure they'll have episodes regarding discoveries made on Atlantis. It reminds of a spacestation SF series and so far, I've loved both B5 and DS9.

4) Having said that, although similar to Voyager (which I did not like) I think that this is not quite the same. For onething, they volunteered. For another, I'm sure, in a pinch, the asgard could relay FTL comms to Atlatnis. Besides, with this whole city, they may find the means to FTL talk with SGC in some episodes.

5) What was I going to say... oh yes, not only do they have Atlantis to explore, they got a whole freaking galaxy to explore. Plus, we need to knock those Wraith down a notch or two in the process. Sure, the Wraith seem pretty 1-D now, but they could fan out. Right now, I see them as being a bigger threat than Goa'uld (but maybe not as sophisticated yet).

6) It still has the humor and wit that is ever so present in SG-1. One of Stagates best features is to make fun of themselves or Sci-Fi in general, and Atlantis seems to do that as well. (The puddlejumper/gateship sequence and the "life-sense detector" scene comes to mind). TPTB have this unique ability to take a step back and poke fun a few times, which really makes the show enjoyable. I love that.

7) I have a personal fascination with the whole Atlantis Mythos (that must be the Greek in me). I'll watch anyhting when Atlantis is involved. I think Atlantis is a fascinating.... darn forgot the theatrical term, my memory is going.... subconcious collective thought/tale that has shown up in almost all human cultures. the show does a great job of both explaining this and playing off of it.

8) I like Torri Higginson sp? as Weir, I think she's better at it. I also do not think she looks plain, I believe she looks quite attractive, i.e. hot.

9) Shepard is both funny/witty and smart. This will be a slight change of pace from O'Neill (don't get me wrong, I like Jack). I just think TPTB did a good job of trying to bring the "Jack" feeling over without copying him.

There's more but I'm tired of typing now. Maybe someone else could add their own opinions.

EDIT: Oh! Good point EYU86! I liked the whole orbitat gate as well. Plus we got ships to send through the gate!!! Ships with cool weapons and cloak/invisibility field (although a "Somebody Else's Problem" field is much better ) I keep forgetting so much!!

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
              Why don't you make well thought-out points like he did in the ...sucks thread?
              Eh... Thought-out points, anyway. Personally, I think the "sucks!" guy is just out to cause a ruckus. I mean, it was his first and so far only post.

But yeah, Atlantis rocks. So there.
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Well he atleast typed something in his thread. This thread was started with three words. Now it's turning into a good thread.

Comment

Well, it should turn into a good thread as long people keep posting good ideas on topic.

Speaking of which, what was I going to say? OH yeah! Ocean front property!! Although without a shield, I'd hate to be there durring hurricane season, if they have one... I'm really looking forward to more episodes about Atlantis, even though we still have the rest of the galaxy to explore.

Comment

I for once love the Puddle Jumper and especially the drones.

Comment

The drones are hot.
                      The best part was when it stopped right infront of O'neill.
                      I could imagine what was going through his head.

Comment

The question is, would the drone have attacked them? Since both have the gene. One would think they'd have a fail-safe. Maybe that's why it powered down.

Comment

Yea, but I think the drone does whatever the one controlling it wants to
                          I.E. Beckett who was afraid of the thing and he was probably not thinking straight.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                            The question is, would the drone have attacked them? Since both have the gene. One would think they'd have a fail-safe. Maybe that's why it powered down.
                            It attacked them just because it got nonsense instructions, and was seeking out a target.

No. the guy in the chair turned it off just in the knick of time.
                            sigpic

Comment

He said "I think I did it!" What he felt could have been the drones signal saying that it shut itself off.

Comment

I totally agree. SGA rocks so far!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X