This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deluzion
    Later, they said with the 6 addresses there were 140 possible combinations.

It was 720 possible combinations, 6! or 6 factorial. They either corss-refferenced it with the database of addresses in the Ancient computer (no not a 486 DX 33MHz) next tot he DHD or they tried all 720 (doubtful). Shepard did say, "take away the ones you can't get a lock on and that's your one" (paraphrased). Did he suggest to go through all 720? That would be a lot. Later McKay said something to the fact that "It's the only one we could get a lock on" making it sound like theytried all of them. Why not use the database right there?!?! (I could have misinterpretted that scene)

EDIT: ARGH!! I'm too slow!

Comment

[QUOTE=VirtualCLD]
      Originally posted by deluzion
      Later, they said with the 6 addresses there were 140 possible combinations.
      QUOTE]

It was 720 possible combinations, 6! or 6 factorial. They either corss-refferenced it with the database of addresses in the Ancient computer (no not a 486 DX 33MHz) next tot he DHD or they tried all 720 (doubtful). Shepard did say, "take away the ones you can't get a lock on and that's your one" (paraphrased). Did he suggest to go through all 740? That would be a lot. Later McKay said something to the fact that "It's the only one we could get a lock on" making it sound like theytried all of them. Why not use the database right there?!?! (I could have misinterpretted that scene)
      I'm sure there's a search function in the database

Comment

In one part of the premiere I was wondering why they didnt ask that boy who said he knew some. When they wanted to leave before Atlantis imploded. They wanted to dial out.
        "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Asked him what? He was going towards the DHD when Atlantis started rising.

Comment

duh?
            *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
            McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Working...
            X