Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone wanna confess that you gave me rep. Since I don't know if it was + or - since it was grey and no comment.

Comment

The Vampire mythos is a very old one, something you might find in almost all cultures. As a result, maybe some Wraith did make it to Earth.

Off-topic: I didn't give you rep yet, but if you want + rep, I can do that.

Comment

MadJaffa when is the nfo coming?=)

And VirtualCLD: If you feel I deserve +/- rep. give me. Otherwise, don't feel forced to.

Comment

, what a rep, and whats a +rep and a -rep??? I's it a users reputation or something? voting them a good poster.

Edit: NVM, I fiddled about a bit and figured out what it was, maybe I should just look around before I post in future. but thanks anyway VCDL
          Last edited by Replicarter; 20 July 2004, 12:05 PM.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

A little off-topic, should be in play zone, but in the upper right hand corner of your posts is a green or red or grey sqaure, which represents your reputation. You can give other people a + reputation point, a neutral? rep point (I'm not so sure on that one), or a - reputation point, by clicking on the weighing scales in the to right corner of one of their posts.

Usually inbetween the warning icon and the post # for that particular thread.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
              A little off-topic, should be in play zone, but in the upper right hand corner of your posts is a green or red or grey sqaure, which represents your reputation. You can give other people a + reputation point, a neutral? rep point (I'm not so sure on that one), or a - reputation point, by clicking on the weighing scales in the to right corner of one of their posts.

Usually inbetween the warning icon and the post # for that particular thread.
              Grey reputation points means the person who gave the rep points doesn't have enough posts to give "real" rep points, I think.

Back on-topic: If a Wraith did make it back to earth to inspire a vampire myth, he obviously had no contact with his/her Wraith brethren to tell them more food was in the Milky Way and how to get there. The myths could also reveal a weakness if they follow some of the earlier vampire myths.
              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by InsanityX
                The Wraith seem to me as Vampires feeding off humans. Is it possible a few got to earth and fed on the population long ago? Seems very possible. They also seem to be on dark planets. Or so far anyways. We have yet to see them in the sun
                I agree with the others that it could have influenced the vampire mythos. I thought I saw a scene from an upcoming ep that showed the Wraith running around in daylight. (Ironically the whole vampire destroyed by sunlight myth didn't start until the film Nosferatu in 1922.)

Although a wraith in the mythological sence was the disembodied spirit of a living person, or a violent ghost that attacks people (which would describe the Wraith on SGA)

Comment

If the wraith inspired the Vampire mythos could the furlings have inspired the Werewolf mythos?
                  My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron_nine
                    If the wraith inspired the Vampire mythos could the furlings have inspired the Werewolf mythos?
                    Hehe, that'd be funny. I really hope they have an episode dealing with the mythology of this species. I's like to know more about them.
                    "If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh." -

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
                      The original myth of vampires have also been corrupted by the years.

The first vampire was apparently Vlad, or Count Dracula who historically worked for the Roman Empire. He was apparently very evil and twisted and some assumed him to be a cannibal...etc

Myths have been corrupted as time as gone by.
                      Dont you mean history has been corrupted?
                      Vlad was a Romanian aristocrat who fought against the Turks

I dont think Romania was part of the original Roman or later Holy Roman Empire or the AustroHungarian Empire either?

When the area that was later called Romania was part of the Roman Empire it was called Dacia and I think Transylvania was outside that area anyway!

You majorly need to read more REAL history!!!
                      Keep the science in SciFi!

Comment

The vampire myth goes back as far as greek mythology...with a woman known as lamia, but then goes on to tell storys about any blood sucking creature being called a lamia .There are also stories about blood sucking demons that come from acient sumerian myths , which are the oldest in the world. These could be the concept of the wraith...

Comment

Yeah, Stephen King talks about this at length too in his book, Danse Macabre. The whole thing of a "lifetaker" and the nosferatu archetype has been around for AGES, just like the person with a split good/evil personality and the "thing that has no name", aka "Frankenstein's Monster".

Wasn't Lillith a vampire too? Or at least a succubus, or something.
                          Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

maybe thats how the wraith came to outnumber the ancients so greatly

Comment

Originally posted by Bogopimp
                              hmmm, if the wraith were vampires, i doubt there would be anyone around to kill them. There exceptionally strong, obviously. They dont die easily! Guns seems to have very little effect (i hope anyway, itd suck if it just turned into a shoot em up !). So i doubt there would be anyone who could kill them, Buffy couldnt! and shes the current vampire slayer!

But it really would be sweet if there were some on earth! However, this is SG atlantis were talking about And ferom the sounds of it, we "could" have some here soon enough *dooooooooom*

I wonder if the wraith have upgraded there shizzle enough to break the atlantans defence shield now, thatd be pretty ****! Not that itd make much a of a differance tbh, wraith probly have all this tech anyway!
                              Ha, but maybe Buffy can still do some damage, they should recruit her to Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                              X