This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
    The Ancients could've planted gates in the void, so that puddle jumpers could travel to the milky way. Might have taken a while though And they only needed to remove one of the gates to make the connection useless.
    To deal with the problem of point of origin, the Ancients could have 'fooled' the gates into thinking that they themselves were the planets, or that they're on invisible planets. But, the gate coordinates are based on constellations. The only place that there are constellations are within galaxies, where there are stars.
    Daniel: "A fool's heaven is a wise man's hell."
    O'Niell: "...Never run with scissors..."

APOPHIS SAYS: "Walk like an Egyptian!"

Comment

this is something that confused me between the film and show....the film said abydos was in the 'accelum' galaxy?

Comment

Originally posted by Firecast
        this is something that confused me between the film and show....the film said abydos was in the 'accelum' galaxy?
        The easiest thing to do is to ignore everything that was ever said in the movie. It sucked anyway
        sigpic

Comment

lol, well being as the film started it all, theres only little bits we can ignore!

Comment

Originally posted by Firecast
            lol, well being as the film started it all, theres only little bits we can ignore!
            Phft. They didn't even keep the stargate the same. We can ignore it

We can say that the series was 'loosely inspired' by the film
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blend
              r u sure its 12 hours...

in 8x01 they went from the asgard planet after defeating the replicators to earth in like a second
              I believe Thor said it took 12 hours from Earth to Halla in Unnatural Selection (S6), using Asgard tech, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                I believe Thor said it took 12 hours from Earth to Halla in Unnatural Selection (S6), using Asgard tech, of course.
                That's when you are towing Prometheus

Without Prometheus in tow, they can get here in minutes.
                sigpic

Comment

You're right, Mio.

Comment

You're right, Mio.
                    As usual
                    sigpic

Comment

sorry i dont remember that episode????

ah yeh i remember...the replicater planet.

Comment

I agree with rocket. The void between the galaxies is to great. It even takes the Asgard almost twelve hours, using their hyper engines, to get to Earth.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, what's so funny about this thread is that the guys original idea is NOW BEING PUT TO USE by the SG:A team by seeding the void between the galaxies with stargates!! Brilliant!! So all who have since replied are WRONG !!! My hats off to the original thread poster! They're doing it now 2 years later after your original post!

Comment

(ghost voice) 2 Years Later ooooooooooo.

pretty funny in a way

Comment

Originally posted by Armagaiden
                            HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, what's so funny about this thread is that the guys original idea is NOW BEING PUT TO USE by the SG:A team by seeding the void between the galaxies with stargates!! Brilliant!! So all who have since replied are WRONG !!! My hats off to the original thread poster! They're doing it now 2 years later after your original post!
                            LOL, HAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

Working...
                            X