This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thor's Bodyguard
    Another error I noticed. When they sent the MALP from earth, you could see it lifting off the ramp like it was hanging on something.

There was a lot of misstakes and plot holes so let's not bring them all up.
    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Why not, its something to do until we see the next episode, in which it will happen again and we find more mistakes until... you get the picture.
      *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
      McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Originally posted by Thor's Bodyguard
        Another error I noticed. When they sent the MALP from earth, you could see it lifting off the ramp like it was hanging on something.
        It could have been rear-wheel drive or back-heavy. Having a remote-controlled buggy for a film set is no big deal. They get all the cool toys!
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Nah, definitely not rear wheel drive since the front wheels were spinning when airborne. Could be back heavy tho

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_Revan
            maby it was an ancient tree. HAHAHAHA
            sometimes the sound of your own laughter just isn't enough. Good answer.

Comment

Easy, retractable tree. Made in tandem with the Chia Pet and Astroturf Ancients.
              Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
              more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Visno
                I haven't seen anyone post this but after the city rises and the doctor goes outside and talks to the military person(forget his name). You see a plotted plant with no leaves... looks like a tree. Love to know how a tree lives that long under water and stays in the pot

Edit : Added Picture up here too.

Sheesh, use your imagination folks. Did someone say that Weir was the first one to step outside?? Maybe some of the people inside the city started to "decorate" the outeriors (the balcony for example) as soon as they hit the surface. There are many tree types wich stay alive without leaves and produces them only when planted outside. Or maybe the tree has been there all the time. Sure the trees from earth wouldn't survive underwater but this is different galaxy we are talking about. I think it's quite narrowminded to assume that the biology for plants (or anything) is similar to ours. Anyways, there can be various reasons why is the tree there. You have to remember that what we see in one hour episodes (well two hour in this case) doesn't cover _everything_ that's supposed to go on in the Atlantis base, we only see so little percentage of whats going on and you have to use your imagination to fill the gaps. And personally I would consider it rather boring if everything we see in the series is clearly explained with primitive and simple earth terms. This is SCI-FI, there is supposed to be confusing things and mind-teasers.. It's different planets we're talking about...

Comment

I'm guessing that either...

1. It's an artifical tree, made to simulate plant life. Given enough time dry, it will sprout artificial leaves. I'm seeing a "we're trapped in a vine-covered city" episode in the future.
                  or
                  2. Someone put it there when Weir wasn't looking. Enough time went by for the balcony to completely dry off, so someone could've placed one of their potted plants from home there sometime between "I was hoping for a few extra days" and "I need to talk to you in private."

those are para-quotes, by the way. I can't remember actual lines from the show.
                  It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

I like the "vine-covered city" idea. Ancient Trees from Hell episode!

I think it was a joke on the part of the set designers to give us something to talk about.
                    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                    once done, cannot be undone...
                    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

To much grasping for ideas when an obvious mistake occured. I love the show so far but I wish people would actually watch these shows and fix them before aired.

Comment

i think i'll go with the theory that it's an artificial plant - that's more of an excuse than a theory though.

Comment

Okay. It's not a goof... get it rite...

Plants CAN survive under water. It's called Hydroponics. It can reach light from hundred feet underwater and it can survive from oxygen from water.

It's also an alien plant.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
                            Okay. It's not a goof... get it rite...

Plants CAN survive under water. It's called Hydroponics. It can reach light from hundred feet underwater and it can survive from oxygen from water.

It's also an alien plant.
                            Hydroponics doesn't work when its salt water though, or am I wrong?

Comment

How about....who cares!!!! IT IS A FRIGGIN TREE. Major Production Error my ass.
                              Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
                              - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
                              - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
                              Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
                              Mayboune: *shrugs*
                              - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Agent
                                How about....who cares!!!! IT IS A FRIGGIN TREE. Major Production Error my ass.
                                Like I said a while back, its probably some techno-organic FAKE tree.

Comment

Working...
                                X