This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me clarify a few points

Firstly. The Naqueda Genetator that Oneill made was to travel to the planet Othela in the galaxy of Ida. Why cant they make anotherone? They stated in the series that Pegasus was a galaxy in the local group. And if im not mistaken Ida is slight if not more further.

Secondly How good is you memory? Do you think the Ancients went to school to learn everything? I think not. I think the purpose in the machine was to educate there young and or when they became adults. If you remember the circle ring on the floor of the planet they found the first repository of the ancients said something along the lines of " The place of out leagacy " or it could have been a piece of our leg but the first one makes more sence of so Danil Jackson says

Also even tho they dont know how to use any of the ancient tech. I was amazed they found the shield on the gate so quick without a Ancient to English dictionary. If they had found a universal translator i would understand. Another puzzling thing is when you think or shell i say when i think, i think in english. How does the puddle jumpe understand english? and or any other language you think in.
    I am getting a little technical so stop me if i get to far from the topic

As for the Symbols on the gate. all they look like is dots but i guess if you connect them they will look like constilations.

What really amazes me now is that the asgard seem not to have known the ancients at all, but know of them and or had seen some of them.
    But the ancients, asgard, ferlings & the noks were part of an aliance. Or so it says on Ernest Littlefelds planet.
    Also something related to this is that in the episode the 5th race, the asgard say we take a step forward to becoming the 5th race, but in realism we are the first race and or the 2nd evolution form of the first race. etc etc yadda yadda

I kinda rant on a little. As for the other things, they are well explained in other threads and in this one.

Comment

So a universal translator should also translate written stuff? That would suck IMO. DJ said Atlantis was further then they had ever imagined. And since they've been to Ida and other weird places I think they can imagine stuff quite well.

As for finding the GateShield quickly.. I don't think it was quick. Their first priority was probably to secure the gate. While they were looking at the DHD they found a button that wasn't a glyph.

And how they teach their young... I don't think the Headsucker would work with small children.

Comment

Spoiler Alert

First off, O'Neill did not create a naquada generator, he created a primative, jury-rigged ("McGyverred" if you prefer) ZPM using our tech. That unit was still more advanced than our knowledge and we can't buuld another one because we do't know how. The only thing two Carters did was figure out how to recharge it, not re-build it. No one has a clue as to how to rebuild it. Therefore, a simple naquada generator is not going to work, we need ZPMs.

Of course everyone on the team needs to understand a little bit of Ancient. They may not be able to fully translate it but they should get some basic understanding of it, having been studying Ancient for at least half a year. Now, taking a step out of the Stargate Universe, you will find that all of the Ancient text is just coded English (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2024). It was discoverred in one of the shots of the big blue Ancient Monitor behind McKay, among some giberrish, was the repeating line "Oh Where Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone..." Since it's only coded English, it should be pretty easy to translate. There were rumors that there were Universal Translators built into Atlantis Ancient tech, but that hasn't been shown or proven one way or the other yet.

As was stated earlier, there were three stabilizers attached to the stargate in orbit. The normal DHD has no physical connection to the gate and still provides power, therefore, the puddlejump can provide power also, from afar. Once a wormhole is established, the gate on one side can draw power from the gate on the other side.

The Ancients the Asgard met were the descendents of the Ancients who fled from Atlantis back to Earth. Now I don't remember what I was going to explain here, I thought someone brought this up somewhere but now I can't find it.

I always though the Ancient Depository was made as a sort of time-capsule last ditch effort to save everything they new before they died out. Now as I explained before, I believe the Ancients who left those libraries were the descendents of the Ancients who fled back to Earth from Atlantis (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2212). Therefore, there wouldn't be any depsoitories in Atlantis, but I could be proven wrong. Atlantis is a freaking huge city and they have explored very little of it. They could spend several seasons on just Atlantis, but who wants to see that (well I do, but some "off world" action would be nice too)? Have patience and wait, maybe more will be explained.

Oh yeah, the chevron thing. From what I understand the word chevron means symbol or marking, so each of those LED symbols on the gate are chevrons used to make up a gate address. Now, yes it is obvious they are Superbright LEDs but I like them. The symbols on the old star gates were, supposedly, constellations, but with no points, just lines connecting the stars. Since it is possible to make your own shapes out of the stars, it would be more universal to have all of the chevrons represented by dots, like on the Atlantis stargate. I think the Atlantis stargate is much nicer, although it may be impossible to dial the gate manually.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
          So a universal translator should also translate written stuff? That would suck IMO. DJ said Atlantis was further then they had ever imagined. And since they've been to Ida and other weird places I think they can imagine stuff quite well.

As for finding the GateShield quickly.. I don't think it was quick. Their first priority was probably to secure the gate. While they were looking at the DHD they found a button that wasn't a glyph.

And how they teach their young... I don't think the Headsucker would work with small children.
          I thought Danniel said that because all of this time they were looking for Atlantis in our galaxy, at least IMHO. I could be wrong, but that's what I thought.

Comment

It's all about how one interpets it. I really have no idea which of the two he meant. But both can be right.

Comment

Working...
            X