Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just in case anyone cares, I believe the new PoO is the constellation Pegasus. It would make sense. I'll have to have a better screen cap to look at, the one I have is kinda blurry.
    "If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh." -

Comment

Originally posted by WraithKing
      Just in case anyone cares, I believe the new PoO is the constellation Pegasus. It would make sense. I'll have to have a better screen cap to look at, the one I have is kinda blurry.
      '

I don't think so. I enlarged it and tossed some dots in to make them clearer...

Doesn't match the pegasus constilation

http://membres.lycos.fr/cdadfs/const...e/pegasus.html

Or I <COULD> be wrong...i am tired....

Edit: Oh, hey, I have new avatars...hehehe...
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, the constellation pic I was looking at was different than that one. Mines missing the "wing" on the left side. Probably why I think it looks close. Also, just look at the Milky Way gates pegasus symbol:

MW Stargate Symbols

and this is the pic of Pegasus I was looking at:

Pegasus Constellation
        "If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh." -

Comment

The new gate is great and all, but they gotta do something about the symbols. They just aren't clear enough to see. They gotta make the lighted lines connecting the dots alot brighter.
          *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
          McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
            The new gate is great and all, but they gotta do something about the symbols. They just aren't clear enough to see. They gotta make the lighted lines connecting the dots alot brighter.
            who cares what the symbols are? I like it....besides, we might get a good clean view of a DHD in one of the next few eps.
            sigpic

Comment

Yea, overall I like the new design. Especially the colors.

But, on the subject of the symbols, are we sure the symbols arent the same as before?

Comment

They should be shouldn't they...
                I mean its a new galaxy and all, so using the same symbols wouldn't conflict with gates from the MW galaxy.

Comment

They should be shouldn't they...
                  I mean its a new galaxy and all, so using the same symbols wouldn't conflict with gates from the MW galaxy.
                  Read my theory again.

post #25 in this thread.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                    Read my theory again.

post #25 in this thread.
                    Read it and I understand what your saying, but just wanna know if the symbols are the same or different thats all. I just worded that post weird, cuz I read my post over and thought what you did too.

Comment

In my theory...the symbols wouldn't conflict at all...unless two planets had the same 6 symbol address, in which case, it would depend on what galaxy you're in at the time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WraithKing
                        Yea, overall I like the new design. Especially the colors.

But, on the subject of the symbols, are we sure the symbols arent the same as before?
                        I was wondering the same thing, or if maybe they are different since it's a different galaxy.

I do however really like the new gate compared to the old one, and I for one wouldn't want to see a rehash of the same thing. They're supposed to be in an advanced city, and I think it would really weird to have a manual dial stargate amongst all that tech. I really liked the orbiting stargates. Those things look sweet.
                        Dr. McKay "You need to get out more."
                        Dr. Beckett "We're in another galaxy, how much more out can you get!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                          In my theory...the symbols wouldn't conflict at all...unless two planets had the same 6 symbol address, in which case, it would depend on what galaxy you're in at the time.
                          No ones bashing your theory, for all its worth, I completely agree with it. I'm asking if the symbols designated for visual representation as you said are the same

Comment

No ones bashing your theory, for all its worth, I completely agree with it. I'm asking if the symbols designated for visual representation as you said are the same
                            Doubtful. Sorry, It's late, and I'm cranky
                            sigpic

Comment

Then go to sleep.
                              Rest that giant brain of yours.

Comment

Well, I dont think the symbols are the same. I took the wallpaper from the official site that has the new gate on it and photoshoped it to trace the symbols. check my attachment to see it. The only recognizable symbol was the symbol for Earth's Egyption gate. Not all of the symbols are visable on the wallpaper though, so maybe there are more.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X