Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its just another one of those mysteries, but it is presumed by most that it was built by the Ancients.
    *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
    McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

It doesn't have to no, but I find it hard to believe that a race so advanced that they could change universe/reality, can't defend their own planet(s).

Comment

True. Besides, the other artifacts found in the same room were clearly taken from other planets. So I don't believe the mirror was originally from there. I'm just saying, there are a lot of possibilities - the mirror could come from anywhere. Fact is, the show hasn't told us and we just don't really know.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Well if we aren't gonna discuss things that aren't proven on the show this forum would get real quiet really fast. Imagine all the Sam/Jack-threads for example

Comment

NOOOOO
            Not the Sam/Jack threads.
            lol

I haven't even attempted to read them.
            *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
            McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Nor did i
              "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Hopefully they'd do a different kind of AU story in Atlantis -- either alternate Ancients or the Furlings sounds nice. The reason why an alternate Atlantis modeled on our own probably wouldn't work? In "Point of View" we found out that most realities with a Stargate program ended up getting conquered by the Goa'uld, so it seems unlikely that very many of them have made it as far as the trip to Pegasus.

Not that that completely locks out the possibility of such a story, but the tendancy could be used to justify taking the AU concept in a different direction. Maybe the Furlings were like the Ancients, but seeded/watched over other dimensions instead of other planets, for example.

(Just as long as they don't bring up any Kromagg-type threats...)

Comment

Or maybe it isn't the Tauri who find Atlantis...
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I think Naquada is just a metal that all space-faring/time-traveling/neutrino-absorbing races use. Its unique to us because it isn't found on earth. But I bet anyone who builds tech like that would be smart to use it because of its inhearant properties.

I'm of the opinion that the quantum mirror is not ancient, since the irradiated planet they found it on had stuff from all over the place. But either way, it hasn't been said that its ancient tech (though the hand device does seem to be *somewhat* similar to the jelly-hand-pads that the ancient chairs use... just not jelly).

Anyway, I'd love to see the race who made them.

Comment

Originally posted by Yu Huang Shang Ti
                      In "Point of View" we found out that most realities with a Stargate program ended up getting conquered by the Goa'uld, so it seems unlikely that very many of them have made it as far as the trip to Pegasus.
                      If that we the case, and they went to a dimension where the world had been conquered by Goa'uld, it would be a lot easier to go through without suffering from... er... "temporal entropic cascade failure on the cellular level". (Assumption.)

So we don't know who built it, but isn't it safe to say that the Ancients would be very interested in such a device? They could have experimented on it (as it seems they like to so), and possibly made more. We don't know that the original Quantum Mirror was the only one, so for all we know there could be thousands of them out there.

Although, even mentioning something about the Furlings would be nice... We've all wondered who they REALLY are...

Comment

Ah, but the Asgard use Neutronium, or is it Nutronium, not naquada.

Comment

The asgard are just too cool for naquada. That doesn't mean other species are, too!!

Good point, though.

Comment

There is absolutely no connection what-so-ever between the Ancients and the quantam mirror, none!

And the Asgard do use Naquada, the hull of the O'Neill was an alloy of Naquada, Trinium and Carbon.

Comment

Is the QM a liquid naqudah reflection? Like the part Daniel touched, is that liquid Naquadah?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                                There is absolutely no connection what-so-ever between the Ancients and the quantam mirror, none!

And the Asgard do use Naquada, the hull of the O'Neill was an alloy of Naquada, Trinium and Carbon.
                                Well, i thought those mirrors were build by the ancients?
                                "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Working...
                                X