X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesh

Comment

I think many people know its Ayana.
      *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
      McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

That's pretty cool, I actually didn't notice this before but it seems kind of obvious now -- and a good tie-in for continuity! I wonder if we'll find out who the guy is, he looked rather cross with her before leaving.
        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

It doesn't make sense for her to get frozen when Atlantis departs, because the Ancients hadn't caught the plague yet. The plague must've happened when the Ancients came back to Earth (running from the Wraith), because it caused them to ascend. Ayiana had the plague when the SGC thawed her out. Thus, she must've not been frozen until long after the Ancients came back to Earth.

This also means she lived alone on Earth for a couple million years, watching that outpost. I guess she could live that long using one of their dandy healing devices.
          It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Maybe she used the Ancient stasis thing.

Comment

I doubt it. They found her under the ice
              "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

They probibly new she would ascend, so leaving her was no bid deal

Comment

but she didn't ascend...
                  *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                  McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Spoiler Space
                    I think they left her behind b/c she was sick already. Why that guy was near her, I couldn't say, unless, like almost all illnesses, there were some ancients who were immune to the disease, and they were the ones who left with Atlantis and that guy with Ayana was one of them. As far as when the Ancients came back to our Galaxy, I'd guess it was about 10,000 years ago. I base that on what the Wraith caretaker said about how it's been that long since their feeding grounds were so plentiful. If this was the case, then I'd say that they returned to earth after the Antarctic gate had been buried by advancing glaciers during one of Earth's Ice Ages, and after Ra had placed the Egyptian gate on Earth. In fact, I'd even be so bold as to venture a guess that it was the returning ancients who encouraged the humans to revolt and overthrown the Goa'uld. They wouldn't have given them but the simplest material aid, as Ancients don't interfere with natural advancement of humans, but the couldn't risk the Goa'uld finding their original outpost on Earth. And that's the reason they had the Egyptians bury the gate, sealing off the Goa'uld and preventing them from returning to Atlantis. But that's just my theory.

Comment

I think that wave you mentioned was a shockwave from the city taking off. Like when you drop a rock in a pile of dirt and the dirt flies in every direction away from the rock. Its probably the same thing since it would take alot of force to push the city off the ground. Its just a guess though.
                      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                        Maybe she used the Ancient stasis thing.
                        Thats what i thought originally..that she was a human who went through the same process as Jack did to save the planet bajillions of years ago.

Comment

Yeah... why did she not ascend? Good question, if any.
                          Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                            Yeah... why did she not ascend? Good question, if any.
                            Perhaps she didn't find out how and the others werent there to help her.
                            "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but maybe those Humans with the gene actually inherited it from a few ancients who came back. Maybe Ayana had an "accident" and was frozen and the others came back to find Earth controlled by the Goa'uld. They then have to intermingle with the greater population of Earth and one or two sleap around.

Comment

Working...
                              X