This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David85
    Didn't the Anient hologram say that only Atlantis's gate can dial Earth?
    Probably because its the only gate hooked up to three ZPMs.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
      It would also create a massive story arc, like for the final season. Were the Wraith and Goa'uld have a war while the wraith on on their way to earth. The SGA Teams bring Atlantis ack to earth, and the Asgard and te Taur'i along with the Tokra, and the Nox, have to mount a defense against the Wraith, and the conquered Jaffa Army. Killer seaosn!
      That would be a great idea but it would also make a great plot for the SG-1 film if there is still to be one.

Comment

Wow that would be epic... I don't know how they'd pull it off in a single 2-hour movie, but I did like the Dominion War arc that took place at the end of Star Trek: DS9. I hope the series finale is a fitting conclusion and not something like Xena or X-Files which left a sour taste in mouth upon hearing about it

I imagine there could be an exchange like this:

Thor: Greetings. *wave of his slender hand*
        Wraith: *hisssssssssssss!!*
        Thor: So you desire nourishment? Try these, I like the yellow ones *hands out his tray of minimal food-shape things*
        Wraith (getting more frustrated now, swats the tray): *boooooo hissssssssssssss!!!!*
        Thor: After mealtime we can rest our bodies if you wish, but I see that you are still... alert. So... let us play.. (reaches into a compartment)
        Wraith: ???
        Thor: This is called... a Re-pli-ca-tor.

Thor's eyes furrow with the confident strength that comes with the recent Tau'ri-Replicator alliance that the Asgard helped to finalize. His eyes grow dark and stormy, almost an evil look in his eyes for the benign Thor. The Replicator whirs, clicks, and then transforms from an earlier bugform into a grasping, acid-spraying claw in a shape not unlike the Wraith's own. It latches itself onto the Wraith's chest and begins spraying its acid and feeding... on the organic cells of the Wraith which have proven most helpful in developing new humanform Replicators.

Wraith (smoking and steaming in pain and trying all multitude of psi trickery that doesn't affect the Replicator-hand): *hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!*
        Thor (waving a friendly way): Good-bye, Generic Wraith. I have a dentist's appointment. I will see how you are getting along with your new friend later.
        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
          They have a massive mothership with their entire collective colony.....they could just use that to travel there.
          we don't know the capabilities of the mothership... we don't know the type of propulsion it uses.

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
            Wow that would be epic... I don't know how they'd pull it off in a single 2-hour movie, but I did like the Dominion War arc that took place at the end of Star Trek: DS9. I hope the series finale is a fitting conclusion and not something like Xena or X-Files which left a sour taste in mouth upon hearing about it

I imagine there could be an exchange like this:

Thor: Greetings. *wave of his slender hand*
            Wraith: *hisssssssssssss!!*
            Thor: So you desire nourishment? Try these, I like the yellow ones *hands out his tray of minimal food-shape things*
            Wraith (getting more frustrated now, swats the tray): *boooooo hissssssssssssss!!!!*
            Thor: After mealtime we can rest our bodies if you wish, but I see that you are still... alert. So... let us play.. (reaches into a compartment)
            Wraith: ???
            Thor: This is called... a Re-pli-ca-tor.

Thor's eyes furrow with the confident strength that comes with the recent Tau'ri-Replicator alliance that the Asgard helped to finalize. His eyes grow dark and stormy, almost an evil look in his eyes for the benign Thor. The Replicator whirs, clicks, and then transforms from an earlier bugform into a grasping, acid-spraying claw in a shape not unlike the Wraith's own. It latches itself onto the Wraith's chest and begins spraying its acid and feeding... on the organic cells of the Wraith which have proven most helpful in developing new humanform Replicators.

Wraith (smoking and steaming in pain and trying all multitude of psi trickery that doesn't affect the Replicator-hand): *hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!*
            Thor (waving a friendly way): Good-bye, Generic Wraith. I have a dentist's appointment. I will see how you are getting along with your new friend later.

LOL!!!! That captures the dispassionate yet emotional Asgard ethic perfectly!!! And skewers the Wraith characteristics well also!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
              Hyperspace,

No. The Wraith do not need to capture the Atlantis Gate. The Ancient lady did not say that. I've watched the episode 4 times up to date (Downloaded it).
              Without a dialing computer/power source better than a DHD, and the 7 gylphs for Earth....do we even know them?......they can't get here.

But the holoancient said that the atlantis stargate was the only link back to Earth.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                Without a dialing computer/power source better than a DHD, and the 7 gylphs for Earth....do we even know them?......they can't get here.

But the holoancient said that the atlantis stargate was the only link back to Earth.
                Maybe she meant that the Atlantis stargate was the only gate with enough power to get back to Earth...
                Not anymore though, but it was.
                *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                  The Wraith probably besieged Atlantis meaning the Stargate was the only way to escape. That's how I took it...

Comment

Originally posted by aeroe
                    The Wraith probably besieged Atlantis meaning the Stargate was the only way to escape. That's how I took it...
                    Nope.

Here's what the holoancient said:

"The atlantis stargate was the one and only link back to Earth from this galaxy, and those who remained used it to return that world that was once home."

It could be that the Atlantis stargate was the only one even capable of 8-chevron dialings....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperspace
                      What about the Ancients fleeing a 'plague' in the Milky Way Galaxy? If not the Wraith, then what was it?
                      It was literally a plague, as in a sickness.
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                        Nope.

Here's what the holoancient said:

"The atlantis stargate was the one and only link back to Earth from this galaxy, and those who remained used it to return that world that was once home."

It could be that the Atlantis stargate was the only one even capable of 8-chevron dialings....
                        Yea, that too should be taken into account with the whole power issue, Atlantis being the only gate hooked up with enough juice.
                        *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                        McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

I think the wraith know about earth now, but they don't know where it is other than it is a long way away.

We know the wraith knew about the Ancient's technology and possibly how it worked. I wonder if the genetic marker or gene that the Ancient's used as a marker that they have all their equipment keyed to wasn't put there to keep the wraith from being able to use the Ancient's technology against them. It would make sense.. that way the Ancient's could make sure that only one of their race or their direct descendents would be able to interface with and use their technology. Remember the Wraith Keeper recognized the Ancient's technology.

The Wraith know now that the Ancient's city has risen and their enemies are back in one form or another. If you haven't read it the "Annals of the Curator of the Feeding Grounds, in the first rotation of the New Awakening of the Wraith" posted on Scifi's website HERE makes for a great read and seems to be designed to keep us up to date with things from the wraith point of view.
                          "It will take more than courage to survive what is to come"

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                            It was literally a plague, as in a sickness.
                            It has been hypothesised that the wraiths unleashed that sickness on them

Comment

the wraith are vampire like, so they probibly ate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannis
                                We know the wraith knew about the Ancient's technology and possibly how it worked. I wonder if the genetic marker or gene that the Ancient's used as a marker that they have all their equipment keyed to wasn't put there to keep the wraith from being able to use the Ancient's technology against them. It would make sense.. that way the Ancient's could make sure that only one of their race or their direct descendents would be able to interface with and use their technology. Remember the Wraith Keeper recognized the Ancient's technology.
                                small font = annoying at 1280x1024.

The chair is pre-Wraith Contact. Blows up the whole 'lets not let the wraith use our technology theory'
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X