Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone notice how the handwriting on the tag seemed to be different (if memory serves me correctly) to the handwriting on the note in the SG1 ep "2010"?

Ofcourse, its a silly thing, but it would have been nice if RDS had actually written both notes.

Comment

It said..
      "Bon Voyage!
      General Jack O'Neill"

Comment

Originally posted by zeta101
        anyone notice how the handwriting on the tag seemed to be different (if memory serves me correctly) to the handwriting on the note in the SG1 ep "2010"?

Ofcourse, its a silly thing, but it would have been nice if RDS had actually written both notes.
        I'm betting that you just typed 's' instead of 'a' LOL! But, according to my memory, they did look almost the same!
        Rocky

Comment

Stop nit-picking so much, the whole hand-writing thing is getting outta hand.
          lol
          *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
          McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Well, I think the note on the bottle was written in a thicker pen too...
            Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
            RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Really, how thick?
              I think about 1/2 cm thick.
              That probably falls along the line of maybe a highlighter type marker.
              Or maybe SHUT UP.
              lol
              *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
              McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Originally posted by drew571
                It said..
                "Bon Voyage!
                General Jack O'Neill"

did you tape or tivo it, 'cus i could swear it said
                "Bon Voyage!
                General John O'Neill"

I would think he would use his real name for something like that. make it offical and add some class. maybe it is just me...
                "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

Comment

Originally posted by airdish
                  did you tape or tivo it, 'cus i could swear it said
                  "Bon Voyage!
                  General John O'Neill"

I would think he would use his real name for something like that. make it offical and add some class. maybe it is just me...
                  It says Jack! I took a couple of looks at it, and the first time I looked at it, I thought it said "Josh" but I knew that wasn't right. The 'k' wasn't closed so it made it appear, at least to me, like an 'h'. Anyway it takes a close look but it does indeed say:

"Boy Voyage!
                  General Jack O'Neill"

Ace
                  "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

and i thank you
                    "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

Comment

Originally posted by drew571
                      It said..
                      "Bon Voyage!
                      General Jack O'Neill"
                      What he said!!
                      I just watched the episode again, and paused it to examine the note. The words may be a little sloppy, but they definitely read GENERAL JACK O'NEILL. Once again, no production goof. And nobody said that he HAD to have written the note himself. Maybe he just requested a personalized message/ribbon on the bottle when he ordered it, and someone else wrote it for him. You can always find excuses for these little things if you try hard enough.
                      There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

only have to look at the G to see that it's General and not Colonel

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperspace
                          Speaking of which, someone on the Trekbbs board said that the champagne bottle was goofed and said "Col" instead of "Gen" Jack O'Neill. True?
                          i thought it said "colonel" too...maybe it's not just me.

Comment

Maybe if they spell Colonel Golonel...

Comment

Originally posted by airdish
                              At first I was going to post about how I thought I misread the card that Jack sent with the booze. I thought I had either misread it or that TPTB wanted to expand the character of O'Neill some. Now I see from the omnipedia that is name is Jonathan O'Neill. Did the whole history of the show get rewritten without me? Shouldn't they send a meno about this? This is the first time for me to know this and I own the movie, all the DVDs, and I watch the show whenever I can. There can be only one answer: I am right and everyone else has always been wrong. So from now one his offical name is Jack O'Neill. Not John or Jake or anything else. Got it?
                              I CURSE YOU! This has totally re-written everything...I.... OH GOD DAMMIT!

Comment

since when has Jack's first name been Jonathon? is it something carried over from the movie or something done for the show?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X