Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can't drag a file out of a zip right into windows's font folder...at least i don't think you can.

unzip the file to the desktop

open c:\windows\fonts\

drag the file into the fonts folder, and it'll install
    sigpic

Comment

Sure u can, depends on what program you use to unzip it with.

Comment

I'm talking about windows XP's built in zipping thing, and only because Windows treats the fonts folder differently.
        sigpic

Comment

try winzip or stuffit

Comment

***The Ultimate Ancient Alphabet Post***

NOTE: The Ancient Alphabet only works for Ancient writings found in Atlantis (and even there, not always). It doesn't work for Ancient writings found in SG-1 ("Torment of Tantalus", "Window Of Opportunity", "Fifth Race", "Chimera", "Heroes", "Lost City"... etc.). It is possible that they are older dialects of Ancient since it seems they have the same style but are different.

Ancient letters are found everywhere in Atlantis (stairs, puddle jumpers, computer consoles, door openers). Ancient numbers are found on Atlantis consoles.

**The Ancient Alphabet originally deciphered by sgeureka**
            NOTE: We are missing the letters Q,X,Z.

Ancient Alphabet And Number Chart by Markey2:

Observed Ancient grammar rules:
            1) There are no spaces.
            2) There are no capital or lower case letters.
            3) There is no punctuation.

Atlantis staircase translation: (In some scenes the letters on the stairs appear to be upside down... but are later corrected.)
            01 WE HOLD THESE AS THE TRUTH
            02 A HEARTY WELCOME TO THOSE OF OTHER WORLDS
            03 VISITING OUR HOME FOR THE FIRST TIME (W)ELCOME AGAIN
            04 ABSENCE HAS WEIGHED HEAVILY ON OUR SOULS WE ARE
            05 TO THOSE RETURNING YOU Y HAVE BEEN GONE TOO LONG AND YOUR
            06 AS WE LEAVE FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT THE LANDS OF
            07 WHOLE AGAIN THAT YOU ARE AMONG US AND WE CELEBRATE YOU BEING HERE AGAIN
            08 OUR NEIGHBOURS AND TO ACT WITH INTEGRITY AS AMBASSADORS IN PEACE TIME
            09 OF OUR PEOPLE TRAVELLERS WITH OPEN HEARTS WILL ALWAYS BE WELCOME REFUGEES
            10 INHABITANTS OF THIS WORLD AND ALL WE MAY EVER KNOW WE WILL ALWAYS STRIVE TO
            11 FROM TYRANNY MAY SEEK SHELTER UNDER OUR ROOF AND (?NAT) OUR PEOPLE WILL LAY
            12 DOWN THEIR LIVES TO PROTECT THE WEAK AND THE JUST LET THIS BE OUR PLEDGE TO THOSE
            13 COME IN PEACE AS WE GO IN PEACE AND YOU WILL BE WELCOME ON OUR SITES FOREVERMORE

Puddle Jumper console translation:
            PROTOCOLS MUST BE SET BEFORE LAUNCH
            ATTEMPT GATE REENTRY

There is also a lever in the back portion on the Puddle Jumper that opens that back hatch that says EJECT.

*Here's the comparison of all the fonts to date*

To install the fonts:
            for Windows: unzip the file to C:\Windows\Fonts\.
            for Mac OS X "Panther": unzip the file and double click it, then click install.

Chevron_nine's Font: Times New Ancient

VirtualCLD's Font: Ancient Virtual

WurdBendur's Font: Anquietas

WurdBendur's Font: Ancient Hand
            Last edited by Selmak; 20 August 2004, 12:10 PM. Reason: Font Revision

Comment

Wow, you're telling me. Looks like I need to work on it some more. I'll have to make a version update from 0.5 to 0.5001

Comment

yeah... the characters look fine for the most part... the spacing is just a little screwy.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                  try winzip or stuffit
                  both suck. I like winrar, but I let windows take care of zip files.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't use XP anymore because it... sucks. On the Mac I use Stuffit... it works very well. When it comes to compression and uncompression of .zip I let OS X handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                      Yes, very close

(...P)ROTOCOLS MUST BE SET BEFORE LAUNCH (...)
                      (...) ATTEMPT GATE REENTRY (*T...)

or something like that

DOH! As a computer science major I am hitting myself over the head for not figuring out Protocols! Argh! Nice find!

Comment

Ok, got the new version updated, K has been added and the spacing has been fixed up a bit. I'm going to see if I can post the file somewhere on the internet so everyone has access.

EDIT:
                        Nevermind, I'll have to e-mail it to people untill I find away to host the file somewhere.
                        Last edited by VirtualCLD; 16 July 2004, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I commend you, this is truely cool. *runs away to figure out why Ancient is just coded English*

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                            I commend you, this is truely cool. *runs away to figure out why Ancient is just coded English*
                            English is the universal language created by the Ancients. It was put into the seeded human genepools to develop over time, as well as taught to their allies, so that everyone could communicate. The Goa'uld learned it after taking hosts and the rest is Stargate history.

Heh, I was just making junk up but it sounded pretty cool.
                            Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Well, I've decided to still release my font, There's a few things that just don't look right to me in VirtualCLD's font. This is my re-creation from scratch. The spacing is very close, just like the spacing on the stairs and other places. I've made up my own letters for the ones which are currently unknown. I also made up some Ancient numbers. If you look closely most of them are modeled after normal letters and numbers. This should be more useable, than having a few ordinary letters thrown in. When the unknown letters are decoded I'll update my font. Enjoy, the file is attached.

Edit: I seem to be having some problems with the attachment... I'm trying to fix it. Does it open properly when you guys download it? I always get a corrupted file. It seems for me it will only download properly if I use a download manager.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Chevron_nine; 16 July 2004, 04:50 PM.
                              My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Hey, how come your file is so much smaller?

Comment

Working...
                                X