Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave one to Selmak who said he'll post it on his website with a link. I tried attatching the file to the forum but it's too big (54 kB). The forum file attatchment tool is limiting me to 39.4 kB. I'm at work now and won't be home untill 6:30 EDT or in about 7 and half hours. I haven't added K yet, maybe someone else can take the file and modify it. It looks OK for now, but could use some more work. I would also like to (unofficially) nominate sgeureka for a DJ award. Here Here!

Comment

I can host the file. No problem at all.

Comment

***The Ultimate Ancient Alphabet Post***

NOTE: The Ancient Alphabet only works for Ancient writings found in Atlantis (and even there, not always). It doesn't work for Ancient writings found in SG-1 ("Torment of Tantalus", "Window Of Opportunity", "Fifth Race", "Chimera", "Heroes", "Lost City"... etc.). It is possible that they are older dialects of Ancient since it seems they have the same style but are different.

Ancient letters are found everywhere in Atlantis (stairs, puddle jumpers, computer consoles, door openers). Ancient numbers are found on Atlantis consoles.

**The Ancient Alphabet originally deciphered by sgeureka**
        NOTE: We are missing the letters Q,X,Z.

Ancient Alphabet And Number Chart by Markey2:

Observed Ancient grammar rules:
        1) There are no spaces.
        2) There are no capital or lower case letters.
        3) There is no punctuation.

Atlantis staircase translation: (In some scenes the letters on the stairs appear to be upside down... but are later corrected.)
        01 WE HOLD THESE AS THE TRUTH
        02 A HEARTY WELCOME TO THOSE OF OTHER WORLDS
        03 VISITING OUR HOME FOR THE FIRST TIME (W)ELCOME AGAIN
        04 ABSENCE HAS WEIGHED HEAVILY ON OUR SOULS WE ARE
        05 TO THOSE RETURNING YOU Y HAVE BEEN GONE TOO LONG AND YOUR
        06 AS WE LEAVE FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT THE LANDS OF
        07 WHOLE AGAIN THAT YOU ARE AMONG US AND WE CELEBRATE YOU BEING HERE AGAIN
        08 OUR NEIGHBOURS AND TO ACT WITH INTEGRITY AS AMBASSADORS IN PEACE TIME
        09 OF OUR PEOPLE TRAVELLERS WITH OPEN HEARTS WILL ALWAYS BE WELCOME REFUGEES
        10 INHABITANTS OF THIS WORLD AND ALL WE MAY EVER KNOW WE WILL ALWAYS STRIVE TO
        11 FROM TYRANNY MAY SEEK SHELTER UNDER OUR ROOF AND (?NAT) OUR PEOPLE WILL LAY
        12 DOWN THEIR LIVES TO PROTECT THE WEAK AND THE JUST LET THIS BE OUR PLEDGE TO THOSE
        13 COME IN PEACE AS WE GO IN PEACE AND YOU WILL BE WELCOME ON OUR SITES FOREVERMORE

Puddle Jumper console translation:
        PROTOCOLS MUST BE SET BEFORE LAUNCH
        ATTEMPT GATE REENTRY

There is also a lever in the back portion on the Puddle Jumper that opens that back hatch that says EJECT.

*Here's the comparison of all the fonts to date*

To install the fonts:
        for Windows: unzip the file to C:\Windows\Fonts\.
        for Mac OS X "Panther": unzip the file and double click it, then click install.

Chevron_nine's Font: Times New Ancient

VirtualCLD's Font: Ancient Virtual

WurdBendur's Font: Anquietas

WurdBendur's Font: Ancient Hand
        Last edited by Selmak; 20 August 2004, 12:10 PM. Reason: Font Revision

Comment

Is it for Mac or Windows?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I'm using it on a Mac. Some of the characters seem to be spaced out unevenly.

Comment

I think you can use it on a PC.

Comment

Sorry, I did it for Windows because that's what i was using.

Comment

Know all I have to do is learn Latin!

Comment

It may be made for Windows but it works on a Mac... Some of the characters in my version seem unevenly spaced... is it the same for everyone or is it because I'm using it on a mac?

Comment

If someone else also wants to play with it, feel free. I can also try and tweak it a bit when I get home. Maybe I can look at the spacing and see if it is a problem and if so, try and fix it.

I left non-letter chars alone. I didn't know what to do about numbers or punctuation, but so far we haven't seen an example of either in Ancient.

Comment

I just saw the end part of the s7 DVD Atlantis special when the producer guy is pointing out the stairs of Atlantis and says it doesn't matter what it says because no one on earth speaks Ancient... we do hahaha.

Comment

Off topic but how do you add a new font

Comment

On a Mac... if you have Panther... double click the file.
                            FontBook is a great app.

Comment

On a Windows machine drag & drop the file to C:\Windows\Fonts
                              Very good German Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis Fanpage with all Information, Lexicon, Episodeguide, most current News and a great design: www.Stargate-Project.com

Comment

Hmmm... not on my home computer now. I have Windows NT 4.0, but it might be same for 2000/XP. Got to control pannel, then double click on Fonts. Under the File menu should be an option to install new fonts. Not sure though.

I had a question for sgeureka:
                                Did you have anything to work off of when trying to figure out what glyph represented what letter (i.e. were there any glyphs that you found that were already proven to be a letter) or did you go through the entire Ancient text and find repeated glyphs and try out different letters untill you started forming real words?

Comment

Working...
                                X