This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bad. I will change it promptly.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Now you're cheating too

Comment

yeha, this language is so creasy not very easy to understand but if you can take an enlarge picture of the gate [I've seen it in the lowdown or in the dvd xtra i dont remember] it ll be fun to have each sentence completed....

anyway, nice job
        - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
        - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
        - The Nox

Comment

Here's a challenge for you SGEureka... Reckon you could translate the wall from "Torment Of Tantalus" for us? I'm interested to know if they thought that far back to make a language.
          "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

That would be awesome!

Here is an image of it, I think.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Here's another challenge for you SGEureka... see if you can translate some Asgard objects. The wall in "Torment Of Tantalus" also has Asgard on it in addition to Ancient. The stone objects that control Asgard technology have some sort of writing on them too. The Asgard language looks very similar to Norse Runes.

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                (...ABSENCEH) AS WEIGHED HEAVILY ON OUR SOUL SWEAR (E..)
                (...HOSE) RETURNING YOU Y HAVE BEEN GONE TOO LONG (ANI...)
                Nice work. I think the first part should be "Absence has weighed"

and the second is probably "Those returning"

F is not equal to U if you look carefully the U is a bit fatter on the part that sticks out..
                My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

I've checked "The Torment of Tantalus", where the Ancient letters are very different (much wider) to what the stairs have on them. The Ancient letters from the episodes "Windows Of Opportunity" and "Heroes Part1" are different from TToT and the stairs but are the same within these two episodes.

I don't plan on doing the Norse alphabet right now but maybe I will do that later (much later).

Originally posted by Chevron nine
                  Nice work. I think the first part should be "Absence has weighed""
                  Thanks. I was so obsessed with the "AS" that I would never have seen that.

And I've checked it, what's on the picture from scifi.com is indeed what we'll see in the episodes. Except for the upside-down (not mirrored, as I've said) lines, which were fixed. There are many more stairs at the side of the gate that I couldn't read so there will be much to "translate" over the next eight seasons of Atlantis.

WE HOLD THE SEAS THE THRUTH
                  A HEARTY WELCOME TO THOSE OF OTHER WORLDS
                  VISITING OUR HOME FOR THE FIRST TIME (W)ELCOME AGAIN
                  (...) ABSENCE HAS WEIGHED HEAVILY ON OUR SOULS WE ARE (...)
                  (...(t)HOSE) RETURNING YOU Y HAVE BEEN GONE TOO LONG AND (...)
                  (...E) FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT THE (...)
                  (...AT) YOU ARE AMONG US AND WE CELEBRATE YOU BE (I...)

There is more under these steps that I could get from the DVD (although the preview was very blurry and shaky):

(...) AND TO ACT WITH INTEGRITY AS AMBASSADORS IN PEACE ****
                  (...(t)RAVELLERS) WITH OPEN HEARTS WILL ALWAYS BE WELCOME REFUGEES
                  (...) WORLD AND ALL WE MAY EVER KNOW WE WILL (ALW(ays)...)

The Ancient letter "K" looks like a bold "1".

F is not equal to U if you look carefully the U is a bit fatter on the part that sticks out..
                  No, that was just the compression of the bmp-file to jpg. The two letters are the same.
                  Last edited by sgeureka; 15 July 2004, 11:20 PM. Reason: Bad choice of words
                  No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                  (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Have you tried decyphering it with the letters going up/down, instead of side to side?

Comment

The console of the "Puddle Jumper" has Ancient writing on it... see if you can decipher it.

Here's a high res pic

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                        No, that was just the compression of the bmp-file to jpg. The two letters are the same.
                        Just to clear things up, I'm referring to the actual stairs, not your translation chart. I can see a difference between the two letters and to me I can see a difference in their thickness. from what I know about JPEG compression, I don't think it would make some letters look fatter than others, especially at relatively low compression rates.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                          The console of the "Puddle Jumper" has Ancient writing on it... see if you can decipher it.

Here's a high res pic
                          I tried to, right to left, since it's upside down....This monitor that i'm on ATM sucks, but I gave up after getting TTE?PT?AT???(V?)
                          sigpic

Comment

The line closest to Shepard and Ford reads ...Attempt Gate Entry...

The closest I can get to the other is

TO*OCOLSMUST(B)*(Y)ETBEFORELAF

the one's in ()'s I'm not sure about.

Some of my letters might be wrong. to me it seems like it should say Protocols must be set before ...

maybe if I get really good at this I'll be able to read stuff on screen in real-time.

It'll also look good on a resume.
                            languages: English, French, Ancient
                            Last edited by Chevron_nine; 15 July 2004, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron_nine
                              I'll also look good on a resume.
                              languages: English, French, Ancient
                              Rofl. Just learn Furling and Asgard and Nox and you'll be set.
                              sigpic

Comment

You are a very smart person SGeureka

Comment

Working...
                                X