Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

" Waw ! This is cool ! " (Maj. J. Sheppard)

I have said exactly the same thing when I discovered this Topic, and those fonts, and those translations ... WOW ! Pretty impressive ! Nice work !

So, do you think now we could be able to translate what's written on the P4X-639 Time Loop Device
    (4.06 Window of Opportunity) ???

Comment

Those characters look different then the ones found in Atlantis... it is probably an older dialect.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
        Those characters look different then the ones found in Atlantis... it is probably an older dialect.
        Or upper case Seriously, do D and d don't like very alike...

And those letters look like gibberish to me, I don't know any words with n, l, b, v and w together like that

Comment

My point wasn't that it meant something... I was trying to point out the new characters I found.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
            Good answer!
            Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
            O'Neill: Who doesn't?
            - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
            - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
            once done, cannot be undone...
            brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Had to create my own little signature using this awsome font, to the creator of the font, YOU RAWK!

Comment

To my knowledge there are no spaces in ancient... I think I'm getting good at reading ancient... I read your signature without any reference... ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

Comment

so i should remove the spaces.. hows this? lol

Anyways.. its really cool how u guys translated it, im looking forward to future episodes w/ more text =)

Comment

Me too!!

Comment

But it still bothers me that we are missing 4 letters (J,Q,X,Z)... I found 4 unknown letters (check above posts) we just need to match them.
                      Last edited by Selmak; 23 July 2004, 05:38 PM.

Comment

A friend was so kind to get "Rising" for me, and besides the Ancient letter "J", I got very much of the last steps.

Ancient J = upside down Ancient R (I fixed the letter chart in my first post accordingly)

01 WE HOLD THESE AS THE TRUTH
                        02 A HEARTY WELCOME TO THOSE OF OTHER WORLDS
                        03 VISITING OUR HOME FOR THE FIRST TIME (W)ELCOME AGAIN
                        04 ABSENCE HAS WEIGHED HEAVILY ON OUR SOULS WE ARE
                        05 TO THOSE RETURNING YOU Y HAVE BEEN GONE TOO LONG AND YOUR
                        06 AS WE LEAVE FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT THE LANDS OF
                        07 WHOLE AGAIN THAT YOU ARE AMONG US AND WE CELEBRATE YOU BEING HERE AGAIN
                        08 OUR NEIGHBOURS AND TO ACT WITH INTEGRITY AS AMBASSADORS IN PEACE TIME
                        09 OF OUR PEOPLE TRAVELLERS WITH OPEN HEARTS WILL ALWAYS BE WELCOME REFUGEES
                        10 INHABITANTS OF THIS WORLD AND ALL WE MAY EVER KNOW WE WILL ALWAYS STRIVE TO
                        11 FROM TYRANNY MAY SEEK SHELTER UNDER OUR ROOF AND (KNATOU...) WILL LAY
                        12 DOWN THEIR LIVES TO PROTECT THE WEAK AND THE JUST LET THIS BE (O...) TO THOSE
                        13 COME IN PEACE AS WE GO IN PEACE AND YOU WILL BE WELCOME ON OUR (E...) EVERMORE
                        No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                        (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Wow... thanks... great work... Now we're only missing Q,X,Z

Comment

Here is a pic of the stairs from Hide and Seek... I noticed some unknown letters:

Comment

Good pic, although a little blurred
                              __

__

Comment

I just noticed another thing. As I've said before, there doesn't seem to be a connection between the single steps. But there may be if you alter the order of the steps. I am getting rid of the all-in-uppercase and tried to include punctuation for an easier read, but since you probably know English better than me, I may be way wrong here with the order (and I am not even pretending that I think my order is right, because obviously, it isn't). We may have to wait until steps 11-13 are complete, but anyway: Happy juggling!

01 We hold these as the truth:
                                02 A hearty welcome to those of other worlds.
                                06 As we leave for distant worlds, we pledge to respect the lands of
                                08 our neighbours and to act with integrity as ambassadors in peace time
                                05 to those returning. You Y have been gone too long and your
                                03 visiting our home for the first time. (W)elcome again
                                07 whole again that you are among us, and we celebrate you being here again.
                                04 Absence has weighed heavily on our souls. We are
                                10 inhabitants of this world, and all we may ever know, we always strive to
                                09 Of our people. Travellers with open hearts will always be welcome. Refugees
                                11 from tyranny may seek shelter under our roof and (knatou...) will lay
                                12 down their lives to protect the weak and the just. Let this be (o...) to those
                                13 come in peace as we go in peace and you will be welcome on our (e...) evermore.
                                No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                                (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Working...
                                X