X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9/10

Comment

First of all- spoilers DO spoil whole the fun and excitement . I've made a big mistake reading them at some piont of seanson but stoped when realising what it did. So i advise to all who read spoilers to take this under coscideration before stateing an opinion about how lowly was this season- it wasn't!
      Siege III, Intruder, Duet,Trinity, Aurora, Critical Mass,Coup D'etat, Michael, Inferno, Allies were brilliant, outsanding and really really great episodes and that means half of the season was incedible- that is big achievement.
      The really bad one was Ephiphany...as much as J.F. is a good actor...well he should stick with that cause writing isn't his strong side.
      I agree that the Tower could be better but it wasn't so terrible as some say i put it along with Convertion, The Long Goodbye and Runner.
      Overall i get the feeling that SGA should be renamed after this season to McKays Playgound , Don't get me wrong - i love McKay but it was to much of him speaking and doing everything around. From interviews i got the picture that McKay wasn't supposed to be so much loved by fans so i think when the producers saw this they tried to make an advanage of it and they gone lil to far...but since D.H. is so damn good and McKay so lovable , what the hell! it wasn't so annoying.
      And Allies gave us a REALLY REALLY someting new and amazing, personnaly i think it was better then season's 1 Seige.
      And last but not least- i love Caldwell character i think putting him on show was a great idea. He is SO different from Weir and Shep! And M.P. plays this char in an outstanding way makeing Caldwell my favourite char for season2!
      So...
      season 2 was splended!
      Give me season 3!!!...4!!!...5!!!...and MORE! Please please please!
      A

Comment

Slăbuuuuuţ! (not that good as I expected)

Except for a few very good episodes seson 2 was make like a filler season not like a season made of fillers.
        The best: Aurora - the captain's speech was moving;
        Followed by The Siege III, Michael, Inferno, Allies;
        The Long Goodbye had a flavour of Star Trek - I liked this one too;
        I looked forward to seeing Instinct and Conversion, but they weren't as good as I expected, Instinct was better;
        The Tower was a plot device with lots of potential, a taste for theatrical, it was ok, not exceptional. Wasted opportunity;
        Intruder - high hopes proved to be an old sg-1 story Entity meets Star Trek, interesting the intelligent virus idea, I liked the flashback idea, but overall was BORING;
        Runner - also looked forward for it, it was ok, Ronon flashbacks meant nothing for me (too early for them) except those with Ford and the implantation of the tracking device, interesting idea with the Wraith hunting for sports;
        Critical Mass a good episode but the song scene was bleaaah - inappropriate - it ruined it, good idea with the Goa'uld infiltration;
        Trinity - I liked the background fight between Weir and Mckay when Ronon and Teyla came back, a nice touch;
        Coup d'Etat - whooooa, Genii story, I thought it would be an utter crap, it was a good story but because it had Genii in it doesn't enter my top 5 list, but I did like "you have served us well" comment right before the white light;
        Condemned - I liked it, and the convicts as food for the Wraith I saw it coming. I would have been surprised if it weren't. I enjoyed the Wraith's dinner (a nice touch) and his comment about the food but especially when he said he enjoyed better the cook LOL, I loved seeing Alan C. Peterson again (he is such a good actor) and the way he portayed the Magistrate, the ending was awesome thanks to Alan C. Peterson.

And now the least of my list "the amazing, the awesome" totaly the utter craaaaap the teeth grinding Grace Under Presssure. What were they thinking?! BTW ratings mean nothing to me especially when it is about this crap. (Who wants contact there are special films for this kind of "action"). I'm not looking for the Carter episodes in Atlantis. TPTB proved to be imature in this matter. Funny thing, I kew it before I saw it.
        School is overrated.

Comment

I give it 6 out of 10.
          School is overrated.

Comment

I'm jumping into this a little late, but I didn't finish seeing "Allies" until a couple of hours ago.

For me, season 2 has been pretty decent, I still think season 1 was better but then I think writers and producers had to prove a lot more last season. They had to get an audience base and make such interesting and compelling stories and characters that were different from SG-1 so it wouldn't be the same show and so people who didn't necessarily like SG-1 might like Atlantis because it is a different show with different characters and different complexes.

While season 2 hasn't been AMAZING I've found that I didn't particularly like the first have of the season that much while this later half has been quite good. This is the exact opposite for me with SG-1, the first couple of episodes of SG-1 I loved and it's kind of plateaued for me "Ripple Effect" being a standout of that norm.

That being said some of the best episodes for me this season were "Siege III", "The Intruder", "The Long Goodbye" (though it seems that not many people here liked that ep. I loved being able to see Weir do something other then stand in the control room. We got to see Torri do some great acting which I wish we would see more of, she's an amazing actress who's won a Gemini award! but that's my opinion), "Critical Mass", and "Allies"

I think one of the things that really bothered me this season is that a lot of episodes seem Shep centric (he totally had a Kirk thing going on there in the later half of the season) instead of ensemble cast, which is what I really like. I know he's the main male lead but it just didn't do it for me this time around. I don't know why, but I would have liked to see backgrounds into other characters and more growth on that front.

But I'm looking forward to season 3! Only 6 months to go!!

Comment

I like season 1 a lot. I think it's a great season, but I also think season 2 is even better.

Excellent, really outstanding, couldn't be better episodes (i.e.: absolute top faves of mine, 5 stars our of 5):
              The siege part III, Intruder, Runner, Duet, Trinity, Instinct, Conversion, Aurora, Critical Mass, Grace Under Pressure, The long goodbye, Coup d'Etat, Michael, Inferno and Allies

Great episodes (let's say 4.9 stars): Condemned, The lost boys and The hive.

Very good but not great (let's say something between 4 and 4.5 stars): Epiphany.

Good (3 stars): The tower

Overall, I would give:

- season 1: 80/100
              - season 2: 95/100

If this trend continues, I might end up rating season 3 100/100. LOL.
              I think the stories as well as the team/characters dynamics are getting better and better (Just my humble point of view...)
              I so can't wait for season 3! SGA couldn't be better, IMHO.

Comment

I didn't do a listing thing...maybe I should and get an average based on that...

Best 8.5-10
                2.16 The Long Goodbye-9.5: I liked this episode a lot. It had it's faults and a poster above was so right..why John..it actually would have been cool to see McKay in that form, not even--Zalenka (they should give him some love). But it was good action sequence and that's all I was about. But it could have been better.

2.07 Instinct- 10: I loved this episode we learn so much about Teyla, the Wraith, and the mind set, and not only that we get like a liquid serum that might help in the hunger. Then you also have it leading to Conversion...great ep..I loved it. And I loved Ronon's gun.

2.19 Inferno-10: Another great episode, no question in my mind..great parody for all 'Anti-kirker's'...too funny.

2.20 Allies- 10: Well season finales are great. Excellent piece of this was..although I had my disappointments, as many know, I thought it was well done. I love the DAEDALUS--I see fireworks when I say that name!

2.18 Michael-10: To generate the amount of criticism I had over leadership (TPTB? Please work this out--I'm seeing a sexist double standard which annoys me.) and because it was great seeing a Wraith turn into human. All around this episode was just really one of my faves.

2.10 The Lost Boys-9.5: I loved this ep..I was like now we really get to see the anti-hero John..finally! This is what I need..something to critize besides 'Hot Zone'...this was great.

2.06 Trinity-9: It was a long time since I had seen Mckay/John alone together so I loved it. I also liked Teyla and Ronon's interaction..just goes to tell you how someone can ruin a tentative trust and what results this will produce in teh future. This show was all about trust and if there is a Trinity 2
                it will have a lot to hold up to. I think this was near superb.

2.09 Aurora-10: I loved this ep..I really liked the Captain of the Aurora..I liked the ship....and I liked the Wraith just laying there. It was a great ep for me..so I was really into this and thought it had a lot of great points.

Great 6.5-8
                2.11 The Hive-8: I liked this episode, I liked when the Wraiths blew each other up..atlhough I had problems with Ford..but I liked it a lot.

2.17 Coup D'etat-8: Definitely a great storyline..no doubt about it. Not like the above for me..but excellent watching. I loved Lorne and John working together...I've been talking about a 2 team pair up for a long time.

2.13 Critical Mass-7: I wasn't as hyped by this as everyone else, although I give Ms. Luttrell a round of applause for her singing. But again a good storyline with a good plot.

2.05 Condemned-8: The more I think on this..the more I like...if for nothing but the fight scene and the Wraith eating...ick! That made my night. it was a well thought out story..and it carried a good amount of weight.

2.08 Conversion-7: Okay so I'm a shipper..means nothing when I critically look at eps. I had problems with the kiss, but I liked alien/hybrid John--I actualy thought he was better looking; not to mention I wanted to see what this would do to his ATA gene, which they left bloody blank. And I also liked the fact that the bug juice in his blood let down his inhibitions...which was good to see.

Good 4.5-6
                2.01 The Siege, Part 3-- 6: It's high up but the problem with me, was it didn't follow the same magnitude of Siege I and II.

2.15 The Tower--4.5: Yeah I bad mouthed it at first..but it wasn't that bad. I sort of liked it.

2.03 Runner--5.5: I was still stinging from the fact that Ford wasn't gonna be around when Ronon showed up...but it did have Ford..so it's high.

2.04 Duet--5: It could have been better. And they should have extended the fight scene between Teyla and Ronon.

Poor 2.5-4
                2.02 The Intruder--3.5: I don't like it when topics get rehashed over and over..it's a different show they should try different avenues..and there were plenty of places they could have gone..

2.14 Grace Under Pressure--2.5: Could have been better, in what way? I haven't figured out..but it could have been better.

Downright Awful 0-2
                2.12 Epiphany--1.5: Pretty bad ep over all. Although I was interested when Teyla sensed that being...that brings up quite a few points. Other than..complete failure.

This equals in total about a 7.3...but I give it a 8.5-9....I really liked the eps and even the bad ones I would give a higher rank...definitely much better than Season 1 in my book.
                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

For me Stargate Atlantis has never dissapointed me once throughout both seasons, there hasnt been a bad episode for me yet, i think its great, not as good as SG1 but its been a great spin off.

Comment

The Siege, Part 3 7/10 Good continuation of the fiirst serson.

The Intruder: 4/10 Disappointing, thought there would be more to this story line, but left me feeling flat

Runner: 6/10 Interesting introduction to a new character, which has added to Atlantis over all. Also lots of Dr Becket

Duet 9/10 Wow what a good story, simply one of the best for season two

Condemned 6/10 come on they are in a vehicle of the ancients which is shot down my a home made missile? other than this interesting message behind the story!

Trinity 5/10 Mckay being pig head and no listening, get one person killed, and puts his own life and that of Shepherd in jeapidy, good going McKay!

Instinct: 7/10 learned a little about the Wraith, a brief taster. Also a hint of what a wraith would be with on the bug bits

Conversion 9/10 Loved this, also showed more of the character of John Sheppard, very interesting, also more Dr Becket - Yeah

Aurora 6/10 Did not explain anymore about where the ancients had been, and no help with a weapon which could defeat the wraith

The Lost Boys 5/10 Bored with super Ford!

The Hive 6/10 Little better than The Lost Boys episode, learned a little about how the wraith are breaking into fractions. Wraith worshipers!

Epiphany: 7/10 What is with Shepherd and the ascending / ascended women? Good episode, also at least they know where a ZPM is that they could use, in an emengency!

Critical Mass: 7/10 More cadwell, she drives McKay mad, but also pushes him, good episode. Hope Kavenah (sp) was Go'uld but good ending anyway

Grace Under Pressure: 7/10 McKay episode, boy a wish he would get over the whinying he does: But who was the cleverish there?

The Tower: Not seen: not shown yet

The Long Goodbye: Not seen, Not shown yet

Coup D'etat: Not seen, Not shown yet

Michael: Not seen, Not shown yet

Inferno: Not seen, Not shown yet

Allies: Not seen, Not shown yet

What I would like to see in series three: More Character backstories, More on the ancient history / technologies. more fighting the wraith. NO ORI

Comment

Funny that my first post with this forum is at the conclusion of SGA season 2.

Oh well.

Season 2!!

First off, i must say what a relief Atlantis has been. After being so thoroughly dissapointed with SG1's season nine, Altantis has saved me from giving up Stargate totally. I know that that is a horrible thing to say, but i must confess, the only reason i have continued to watch SG1 is to remain loyal and faithful until its final death (sometime in the near future i believe). After going from three totally kick arsed seasons to the current season nine . . . what a huge let down!
                      Ok, back to Atlantis - Stargate's saving grace! When i first heard about 'Atlantis', i rolled my eyes thinking it was going to be a short lived, money making scheme.
                      But then i watched the pilot. Oh, man, was i ever wrong! Straight of the bat i was hooked! I was even so lucky as to get Season One dvd set for xmas!
                      Season one for me began a wild, new and fresh look at our truely beloved Stargate.

And having said all that (i should warn you all, i can be long winded, hehe) there were only a few issues, both in certain episodes and ideas, that have worried me.
                      1) The whole, we are all going to die! idea one minute, and the next we are back to getting caught up in the culture of a new planet, whilst Sheppard is off with the drop dead gorgeous women. It just seems to me, after sitting on the edge of your seat with the previous episode, then back to changing the political structures of alien planets, is a bit of a let down. Boring even. I know i can not expect to be blown away every episode, and really, thats not what i want. To me, it is entertaining to see a exciting episode like The Seige III and Intruder, then to have amusing, and funny episodes like Duet and Long Kiss Goodnight.
                      Maybe what im saying is that the pace seemed to be a little off. The season as a whole seemed to start then stop the whole way through. Each episode, by itself, may be fine. But juxiposed to the more thrilling story lines just seems a bit choppy.

2) I know people will hate me straight away for saying this, ha, even my brother says im complaining about nothing. The Kirk Syndrome. And truely, its not just Sheppard. Im sure that if all the characters in Atlantis were as hot as him, they'd all be at it! Especially Mckay. But we've seen the same routine time and time again on a number of science fiction programs. And it seems to be getting worse. Sheppard has been with about as many alien women in two seasons as Jack O'neill did in eight years. I mean come on! Are the writers so out of ideas in a season so quickly that they have resort to giving their characters down time with the local hot tart? Is this how the writers want fans to see their main drawing character? as a womenizing stud?
                      Time and time again we've have seen the depth of Sheppard's morality, but i have to ask, would this morality not extend to his views of women? also to the image of the Atlantis misson?
                      The General's back on Earth probably cant wait each week to get their hands on Sheppard's reports. They probably get their thrills reading them. And the personnel awaiting to get their chance to go to Atlantis must be drooling! With all the sex being had in the Pegasus galaxy, i know i would be.

3) With this point, i am looking to the future of Atlantis. SG1 has sucessfully lasted eight years (i dont count the current ninth as a success). With many facinating enemies, Sg1 always had their hands full. And we were gratefull for it. But Atlantis has the Wrath. True, they(being the powers that be) are talking about introducing a new bady in to the mix in season three. BUT with the Wrath already waning (civil war, no food, generally being dumb and REALLY poor shots) i cannot see that they are so much of a threat to Earth or Atlantis. We have the technology, the Allies, and the numbers to kick their @#&*! (sorry, i am Australian after all). That is with them killing themselves over each planet of human buffet. Their numbers will diminish, they will starve.
                      I guess my point is, yes they are evil, yes they are horrible, and yes they did defeat the Ancients, but humans are more prepared for this then SG1 was when they just started going through the Stargate. The Wrath will fight each other, they will resort to canniblism, and they WILL decline in numbers. And it was their numbers that defeated the Ancients, nothing more. I just cannot see the Wrath as the enemy the 'Snake-heads', or the Replicators, or even Anubis was.
                      My only hope is that we do not defeat them so soon. I hope that they come up with something that will unite the Wrath once again. Sounds horrible i know, but if the Wrath become laughable, so will be Atlantis's struggle against them.
                      That, or the writers come up with something much worst then the Wrath, like the Replicators (they were such a cool enemy). That way Atlantis could continue to fight the Wrath, but could stretch out our victory over them for many seasons to come.
                      Or maybe the could just learn to aim better!

So, putting thoses issues aside. I really believe that Atlantis has become the successor to Sg1, just like it was intended. Each week, i have a choice in which to watch first, Battlestar Galactica, Sg1 or Atlantis. And i can tell you all without shame, that Atlantis wins hands down each time.

Three cheers for Atlantis!

Hip, Hip, Hurray!
                      Hip, Hip, Hurray!
                      Hip, Hip, Hurray!

Now on to Season Three!!!

Comment

I loved the second season haha. Okay I don't know about you guys even though the wraith are pretty ugly there is something sexy about how the female wraith act.
                        We are followers of eternal Hathor!!

"We are the queen of the Gods, we are the mother of all Gods."

Comment

The second season is better than first one. I can barely remember few perfect episodes from season 1, like Risings, Letters from Pegasus, mid-season two parter and Sieges and so on.
                          But from season 2 there are some really great episodes which I really enjoyed - Siege 3, Duet, Aurora, Critical Mass, Grace under pressure, and from The Long goodbye to the last one, Allies. There was lot of Radek Zelenka, Cadman (perfect for Carson and to annoy Rodney ) and Caldwell. I hope these three will have more major roles in season 3.
                          Oh, gosh I want season 3 now!!!
                          Dogs are my favorite people.
                          If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't going.

Comment

A few people said the spoilers did it for them, and i couldn't agree more Ive managed to stay redundant on SG1 spoilers tho =)

You know, i think this season was potentially better than season one.

BAD
                            The Intruder - Cliche virus episode. Seen it all before.
                            Instinct - zzz
                            Conversion - Yawn
                            Epiphany
                            Grace Under Pressure - Only good thing being carter, and she was fake
                            The Long Goodbye

REASONABLE
                            Runner
                            Duet
                            Trinity
                            Aurora
                            The Hive
                            Critical Mass

GOOD
                            Siege pt 3
                            Condemned
                            The Lost Boys
                            The Tower
                            Coup D'etat
                            Michael
                            Inferno
                            Allies

All in all, quite a good season. Kudos to you, TPTB!

Comment

Working...
                            X