Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh. But if you were bitter about Ford and liked Ronan very much you wouldn't want rid, right? (That's me, as it happens)

And if you don't give two pins for ford and didn't like Ronan at all you would want rid, surely?

The defining factor has to be one's feelings for Ronan. And since Ronan's fictional no one's obliged to like him, so...

What a shame people are implying that.

Madeleine

Comment

Everyone's got their opinion on Ronon Dex and I have too.

I like the character. I like how Jason portrays him. What I don't like is how very little development the character has been given since introducing him 16 episodes ago. After Runner and Trinity, they didn't really explore much of Ronon's background.

In the Jan/Feb issue of the Stargate magazine, Joe Flanigan mentioned that there is a story he and Jason are working on about Ronon's homeworld. There is a possibility of exploring that world and Ronon's past which should give us more reason why Ronon should stay as part of the team. I think the episode might be for Season 3.

Ford is an unsolved issue. He is out there running around in other worlds with a hate/need for the Wraith. I'm sure RSF will always come back for guest appearances until they resolve the Ford issue.
      I'm a newbie. So this space will be filled with this utter non-sense until I find/create a siggy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
        Since JM has joined the team as Ronon Dex, I've found I've enjoyed Teyla more and now see her character in a new light.
        You know, I have to agree with you on this. I do like Teyla much better this year since Ronan came along. And it's because I found someone I don't care for more than Teyla.

It's obvious you have a thing for this Ronan character and that's ok (because I have a thing for Daniel), but I feel he doesn't add anything to the show. He mumbles his line and acts menacing. Point in case, he was absolutely no use to the team in the last 3 episodes that he wasn't even in the last episode (GUP). How could his character have done anything to help? Fight the whale?

Comment

In season 2 of Atlantis Ronin was introduced, I personally don't really like him as on various occasions through out the series he's screwed up the plans of the goodies coz of his dire hatred towards the Wraith (see 'Michael' or 'Allies').

I guess he's wanna those guys you either love or hate.

What do you think, Gateworld?
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I think hes funny, especially in Michael and Allies. HE KICKS A$$

Comment

I love him! he's a champ! and it's Ronon

Comment

Teyla loves him
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
                  In season 2 of Atlantis Ronin was introduced, I personally don't really like him as on various occasions through out the series he's screwed up the plans of the goodies coz of his dire hatred towards the Wraith (see 'Michael' or 'Allies').

I guess he's wanna those guys you either love or hate.

What do you think, Gateworld?
                  I think your right. I mean I'm not a fanatic, but then no one besides Lorne appeals to me after Ford, so I'm biased that way. I just think the character is a sloppy fighter i.e. 'Lost Boys', too excitable over silliness i.e. Condemned. He likes making snap decisions which are found to be far to reckless especially for the team, i.e. Trinity. This is the reason why Professor Xavier sent Bobby 'Iceman' Drake to Alaska, he was too much of a loose canon and messed up the team dynamic. And that's my problem with Ronon, well in the beginning.

Sure he's great to have if only for the gun, he is strong, takes a lot of shooting by the Wraith to take down in a fight. But I also notice he follows rules to a limit---I'm unsure whether he's on the team like Teyla is..or if he's on it as a military guy, like Ford is. And I stilll think if TPTB continues on with a Trinity II that we hopefully get some story dynamics. Oh he's fairly developed just...egh. Also if your his 'friend' or at least partner he'd defend you which is also something important to have.

When I look now he is slightly important but seems to be a hybrid of Teyla and John....you got that whole 'I'm military, but still primitive and hate the Wraith thing for what they did to my family.' I see Ronon as a freaky kid of theirs--^_^. Seems to fit some mold that probably Ford couldn't do.

I did dislike his character in the beginning, or first half of the season..but after watching 'Inferno' and a few others..he's gotten better to me. He's not too much of a loose canon..he seems well reigned in by Teyla (she has that whole big sister/mommy dearest thing going with him). He seems to have learned how to work in a group aspect as well...which is something I must give credit for..so taking all that into account he grew on me. And now he's okay. They just need to give him some more fight training...to get rid of that sloppiness and he'd be fully all right in my book. And at least give him a girl or two...McKay and Shep can't be the only one's getting some love. For that matter give Teyla a man...I can't comprehend that none of the off world planetary guys do not find her attractive...makes absolutely no sense to me.

So I think it's about taste with Ronon..I can see him leaving your mouth a bit sour. But you know the initial taste is never that good...but after the second and third time around it's not so bad. I say rewatch season two again if you can from don't start at 2x10 (I think that was Condemned and he wasn't great there) 2x11 you'll definitely see a growth and improvement in his character. And it's definitely a B+ when you see him in Aurora, Inferno. Allies, The Long Goodbye, and Michael. He's learning to trust and he's cool.
                  Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Love him! He's a cuty! And a hotty! And yes, he *is* cute with Teyla.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                      I think your right. I mean I'm not a fanatic, but then no one besides Lorne appeals to me after Ford, so I'm biased that way. I just think the character is a sloppy fighter i.e. 'Lost Boys', too excitable over silliness i.e. Condemned. He likes making snap decisions which are found to be far to reckless especially for the team, i.e. Trinity. This is the reason why Professor Xavier sent Bobby 'Iceman' Drake to Alaska, he was too much of a loose canon and messed up the team dynamic. And that's my problem with Ronon, well in the beginning.

Sure he's great to have if only for the gun, he is strong, takes a lot of shooting by the Wraith to take down in a fight. But I also notice he follows rules to a limit---I'm unsure whether he's on the team like Teyla is..or if he's on it as a military guy, like Ford is. And I stilll think if TPTB continues on with a Trinity II that we hopefully get some story dynamics. Oh he's fairly developed just...egh. Also if your his 'friend' or at least partner he'd defend you which is also something important to have.

When I look now he is slightly important but seems to be a hybrid of Teyla and John....you got that whole 'I'm military, but still primitive and hate the Wraith thing for what they did to my family.' I see Ronon as a freaky kid of theirs--^_^. Seems to fit some mold that probably Ford couldn't do.

I did dislike his character in the beginning, or first half of the season..but after watching 'Inferno' and a few others..he's gotten better to me. He's not too much of a loose canon..he seems well reigned in by Teyla. He's also seemed to learn how to work in a group aspect as well...which is something I must give credit for..so taking all that into account he grew on me. And now he's okay. They just need to give him some more fight training...to get rid of that sloppiness and he'd be fully all right in my book. And at least give him a girl or two...McKay and Shep can't be the only one's getting some love. For that matter give Teyla a man...I can't comprehend that none of the off world planetary guys do not find her attractive...makes absolutely no sense to me.

So I think it's about taste with Ronon..I can see him leaving your mouth a bit sour. But you know the initial taste is never that good...but after the second and third time around it's not so bad. I say rewatch season two again if you can from don't start at 2x10 (I think that was Condemned and he wasn't great there) 2x11 you'll definitely see a growth and improvement in his character. And it's definitely a B+ when you see him in Aurora, Inferno. Allies, The Long Goodbye, and Michael. He's learning to trust and he's cool.

Good point, well made.
                      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

No, don't get rid of Ronon.

It is just going to take time for him to get acclimated to his new environment. At the beginning, Teyla was very quite as well and it is only now as we approach the end of Season 2 that we are finally getting to see her come out of her shell a bit. So it will be with Ronon.

Let's not forget the life he came from. It will take some time for him to move beyond the isolated life he had to live to survive. He lived on his own and survived on his own.....and now, is being re-introduced to a team setting. Time will tell how his character develops and if past character development is any indication, it could be a few seasons before we see him come out of his "shell" as well.

Comment

I don't understand how he's so strong is he an alien/modified human or something? Being tall and swaggering round in a muscle vest with sweat bands on don't make ya a hard nut lol

Comment

i like him he is the teal'c of Atlantis he give the Atlantis team presents.

and he is Good with fighting the wraith
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think that he is really cool. I wouldn't want him to go away. I have only seen one episode with him though. Sooo.. Is he in love with Teyla , or is Shepard? I have only seen the first season, and one episode from the second.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoofyTheJinx
                                I think that he is really cool. I wouldn't want him to go away. I have only seen one episode with him though. Sooo.. Is he in love with Teyla , or is Shepard? I have only seen the first season, and one episode from the second.
                                IMO neither of them are , but it depends on who you ask. Why not watch the show and draw your own conclusion?. And this is OT, but what the heck, this thread is pretty dead anyway .
                                BTW, i think he's pretty cool too.

Comment

Working...
                                X