This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stargate Agent
    Maybe they will find energy weapons which would need no ammo? Problem solved eh??

If not they can resort to hand to hand combat or something.

Isn't Teyla part of some tribe??? Maybe they got some weapons.
    Hmmmm...Did anyone see the Atlantis team carrying ZATS with them?

Why did I enlist during a time of war? Because I'm "Army Strong," not "Army Smart."

Forget this "Army of One" BS. I signed up to "Be all that I can be!"

Comment

It doesn't look like they have zats, just P-90's unless they find a special source that gives unlimited weapon firing power!
      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Agent
        Maybe they will find energy weapons which would need no ammo? Problem solved eh??

If not they can resort to hand to hand combat or something.

Isn't Teyla part of some tribe??? Maybe they got some weapons.

Yea I think sticks.

Comment

They should bring Goa'uld weapons. It's not like someone is gonna see the Goa'uld weaposn and scream in fear, like on our galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
            They should bring Goa'uld weapons. It's not like someone is gonna see the Goa'uld weaposn and scream in fear, like on our galaxy.
            however; Goa'uld weapons are not that accuate and the team have not been using them all of thier lives as with the standard weapons.

Comment

Better to have a working weapon that's not very accurate then a weapon with no ammo.

Minor Spoiler: Atlantis

The wraith doesn't have a problem being shot by bullets, maybe plasma is better.

Comment

Originally posted by X-303
                hey, one question if the atlantis team is in another galaxy and use standard military weponds how do they don't run out of amunition
                X-303

P.D.I apologise for my spelling
                The SGA team is probly counting on finding the Ancient's weapons since that is what they are looking for in the first place.

I am guessing that the Ancients would have had to of had some form of firearm to protect themselves when they were off world. They may of had some ships that were formidable but that would not do an Ancient any good if he or she was trapped in a cave with a dangerous animal.

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                Haven't thought about that. I guess they'll bring ALOT.

And all soldiers know how to make ammo themselves.

They should bring Staffs and Zats.
                One of the few redeeming qualities of the of the P90's 5.7x33mm ammo is that is neither bulky nor heavy compared to other types of small arms ammo; each cartridge only weighs 6 grams and is only 40.5mm long. Imagine a crate the size of a large ice chest completely filled with 50 round boxes of 5.7x33mm ammo. If it helps you to better visualise think of the crate being long and wide enough to lay down 2 P90 magazines end to end, and lay 10 magazines across the width, and stacking it 8 layers high. That would be 8,000 rounds of ammo ready to go. It would be a tad heavy at 48kg (then again it same weight as all the stuff a US soldier would normaly have to carry) but 2 guys could carry it into the gate or just have Teal'c toss it into the gate. Of course; if they were smart just have the MALP carry it through. It looks like it cold carry about 4 of those crates brining the total to 32,000 rounds.

This does not include how much ammo each soldier is carrying. I dont remember how many P90 magazine pouches an SG team member carries. I think it is 4-6, going with the lower number that gives us 250 rounds including the mag in the P90. If each soldier also had a matching Five Seven pistol and a 4 magazine pouch for it, that would bring his total ammo load to 350 rounds.

How many soldiers are part of the SGA team? I am not sure, the team seems to consist of about 2 to 3 dozen people. Lets say a dozen soldiers to give us a number to work with. That bring the total ammo all the soldiers are carrying togather to 4,200 rounds. Add that to what is in the crates and we get a grand total of 36,200 rounds of ammo or about 3,000 rounds for each soldier. This would allow each soldier to completely reload all his P90 magazines 12 times or its just barely enough ammo to get Sam and Jack through a 5 min fire fight.

Why would a soldier know how to reload ammo, unless it was a hobby of his (there is one exception)? The US millitary does not use reloaded ammo. The US millitary does not even make its own ammo (with that one exception) it buys it. The exception is the USMC armorers who do make marines corp sniper ammunition, then again they also make the rifle its fired out of.

There are probly not enough zats and staff weapons to go around, most are probly sent to R&D so that they can be figured out.

Comment

Big Big Spoiller
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  <_>
                  <_>
                  <_>
                  <_>
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  If you knowtist with the gene some of the people carrier, the lights come on, doors open, stairs light, and most of all, the Major can fly the Puddlejumpers. All he has to do is think about what he needs. Know I now what you are thinking, how can something apper into thin air when a repucator dose not know what amo is? Just like when the Major asks for a turkey sandwich, the repucator did not no what a turkey sandwich was or it can not repucate food. If you write a cookbook you need to have catagorys, so maybe there is a storage compartment that can do just that. When O'Niell was building that new weapon, Thor's ship had all the right ingredenant for it, he did say they did try and come up with something like that weapon, but it did not work. Jack knew what they where screwing up, he just fixed it.
                  So back to the amo, yes they can use the Warths weapons, but bullitts do work too, and the C-4 worked very will.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesian
                    The thought already crossed my mind, and they will probably do the same as SG1 usually does: Salvage enemy weapons. There is no way in hell that they can bring enough ammo to last them FOREVER, and i'm betting that they will have a very limited supply. They will probably find/jack/steal/confisgate some Wraith weapons and use them.
                    That's one thing I noticed, after Sheppard killed the Wraith keeper with the Wraith weapon, he put it down and then left. I was wondering why he didn't take it with him, even if he couldn't use it they could try to figure it out back at Atlantis. Especially since they noticed bullets don't kill Wraith.

Comment

Bullets do kill Wraiths, it just takes a few-many of em.
                      *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                      McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

In the ZAT thread, we just discussed this. We don't know if it has a tracking device or not. It may also be gene based, meaning a Wraith would have to use it. It also could self destruct on an Ancient, or Ancient genebased person (Sheppard). Also speculation.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
                          Bullets do kill Wraiths, it just takes a few-many of em.
                          You could always get a nice headshot like Ford did. He is a true marks man.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Everytime I see a shot like Ford's, whether its on TV or in a game, automatically I hear "HEADSHOT" from Unreal Tournament.
                            *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                            McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Same here, but from counter-strike(back when I used to play).

Comment

Atlantis is a CITY, this suggestes there will be some form of Manufacturing center. This mean, Bullets for ALL!

Comment

Working...
                                X