Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It in my opinion looks like they pulled it out of sliders and recolored it...

I love it

Comment

Although I like the original version, despite it being taken straight from the original movie, I like the new one. Remember, they have to make their wormhole different that the classic SG-1 wormhole. I think they did fine.
      I am on a mission to acquire the SG-1 DVDs, since I wish to know all about this great universe...

I have the original movie and Season 1 on DVD.

Update: I also have Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD.

I have seen the light! Please help me learn more!

Comment

It's a different galaxy...I loved the blue-green new wormhole, kinda reminded me of the 'conduit' in the film Contact...of coursefor intra-galaxy trips the ride will be less dramatic?
        sigpic

Comment

The change in wormhole probably has something to do with the distance traveled, as well as subspace anomalies that distorted the theoretical... Ah, who am I kidding? I'm no scientist. I just think it looks kool.
          It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

haha someone gave me bad rep. in this thread

Comment

Sadly, Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis fall prey to the worst enemy of them all...entertainment lawyers. I imagine since the wormhole effect in sg-1 was licensed from the movie, they couldn't use that effect in atlantis without having to pay another licensing fee. Similar to why Teal'c and Carter weren't in the Atlantis primere, because of legalistic reasons... the all mighty dollar can take on a hundred death gliders without flinching!

I do like the new effect regardless! And this post is pure speculation...I'm not a lawyer or an insider.

Comment

Originally posted by diek
                Sadly, Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis fall prey to the worst enemy of them all...entertainment lawyers. I imagine since the wormhole effect in sg-1 was licensed from the movie, they couldn't use that effect in atlantis without having to pay another licensing fee. Similar to why Teal'c and Carter weren't in the Atlantis primere, because of legalistic reasons... the all mighty dollar can take on a hundred death gliders without flinching!

I do like the new effect regardless! And this post is pure speculation...I'm not a lawyer or an insider.
                That may also have something to do with the lack of zats and probable lack of transport rings.
                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

After seeing the new wormhole in it's entirety, I have to say that I still like the original one better. It just seemed a little too plain to me. It was just a green swirvy tube. I don't think the sound effects outdid the original either. The original screeching noise seems a lot better to me. It was also way too short for an intergalactic wormhole. It was only 10 seconds. wasn't the original something like 30 secs? At least it leaves more time for the actual story, which I must admit was great.
                  My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

I like the new Atlantis wormhole... it suits the new gates.

Comment

Working...
                    X