This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mio
    I'm always partial to greenish blue colors, and I think there was some green in this one.

Of course, when travelling through a stargate, the characters never see it, it's just a visual effect that we have so that we know they are moving...but anyway! I like it.
    Actually, in the movie, Daniel saw the wormhole.
    He moved halfway into the puddle with his eyes closed and then opened them.
    So I think he saw it before he stepped through all the way.
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
      Actually, in the movie, Daniel saw the wormhole.
      He moved halfway into the puddle with his eyes closed and then opened them.
      So I think he saw it before he stepped through all the way.
      Yes, in the movie... we all know what a great grasp on science D&E have

Comment

Yeah, everything is in the movies now!
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
          Yeah, everything is in the movies now!
          Even Furlings?!

Comment

In all seriousness, a new effect was made, in all liklihood, to give the show a fresh/modern feeling compared to SG-1.

From the perspective of wormholes looking "different," wasn't there a kind of kaleidoscope/multi-color effect at one point during O'Neill's Milky Way/Ida transit?
            "So are we taking your car or mine, or am I just gonna follow you?"
            Daniel Jackson - "Affinity"

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelmganon
              In all seriousness, a new effect was made, in all liklihood, to give the show a fresh/modern feeling compared to SG-1.

From the perspective of wormholes looking "different," wasn't there a kind of kaleidoscope/multi-color effect at one point during O'Neill's Milky Way/Ida transit?
              The new wormhole looks cool. Has kinda that teal effect as well (Atlantis Color). It is to be expected. New show maybe a bigger budget so they gotta update.

Star Trek: TOS for example had klingons looking like humans in the show but after they started doing movies the studio got a bigger budget and they went for big makeup for klingons on the show. It isn't because the wormhole is different just that they have more money to do stuff I think.
              Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
              - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
              - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
              Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
              Mayboune: *shrugs*
              - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

This new wormhole was awesome!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Its was shorter The original movie and SG-1 effect was quite long. Anyway, that old wormhole effect was created 10 YEARS AGO.

Comment

I loved the new effect
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan2k
                      Its was shorter The original movie and SG-1 effect was quite long. Anyway, that old wormhole effect was created 10 YEARS AGO.
                      Maybe the Atlantis gate system was "updated" to improve overall wormhole travel. (shorter, faster, maybe less energy needed, etc...) Thus the new appearance.
                      Last edited by puddlejumper747; 17 July 2004, 08:13 AM.
                      There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                        I'm always partial to greenish blue colors, and I think there was some green in this one.

Of course, when travelling through a stargate, the characters never see it, it's just a visual effect that we have so that we know they are moving...but anyway! I like it.

Some green? There was pink!

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                          I wonder why TPTB has spent a chunk of the budget on a new wormhole sequence when they already had a prefectly good one? Not that I'm complaining, I just find it curious. Maybe they decided they shouldn't keep recycling footage from the movie forever?
                          Different Gate, different network = different wormhole.

In reality, the producers wanted the show to look different than SG-1, hense the new Stargate.

Comment

The new wormhole was awsome. Much better then the blue one

Comment

I liked the new one too. It's so diff, yet, so the same

I like the sound effects too

My personal site www.krawdaddy.net
                              Admin/Co-Owner: DiscussNASCAR.com | Admin: DiscussAnything.com | SuperMod: ChopperWeb.net

Comment

They did have new sound effects right1!?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Working...
                                X