Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantis - Innovative new show, or SG-1's death throes?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostPoet
    We are looking at the next major sci-fi franchise.
    I've been saying that to people for God knows how long! MGM has always envisioned Stargate as a franchise on Star Trek levels and what is happening now is a critical turning point in that direction with the spin-off series about to begin.

In my opinion, Atlantis has the potential to be Stargate's version of Trek's Next Generation, where the spin-off eclipses the original series.
    "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

I find it funny that while SG-1 is getting higher viewer ratings than ever, ever expanding its audience and getting more and more media attention... some fans start to seriously discuss its "death throes". I mean, please! The series is thriving like never before! This is just ridiculous.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
        I find it funny that while SG-1 is getting higher viewer ratings than ever, ever expanding its audience and getting more and more media attention... some fans start to seriously discuss its "death throes". I mean, please! The series is thriving like never before! This is just ridiculous.
        You are exactly right! Infact I wouldn't doubt it if Sci Fi Renewed Sg-1 Another Year!

Comment

Originally posted by David85
          That's what I meant, if they had Atlantis on Earth that would be three Stargates, which is fine, but only one works at a time.
          <NITPICK>Two. Two Stargates.</NITPICK>

Comment

They should try and get some big network to start airing Season One and then continuing. SG1 needs a broader audience.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
              They should try and get some big network to start airing Season One and then continuing. SG1 needs a broader audience.
              There's no way a big network would ever even consider airing a show which has already aired elsewhere, much less one that's seven years old.

Comment

Now what have I said about being negative

Comment

I agree with ugly pig. People who run the networks are only interested in one thing---MONEY--- They probabaly would prefer to have a fresh new show that they could call Original as opposed to a practically sydicated one.

Comment

Working...
                  X