Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH NO! You can't mean that you want to bump off Chevron Guy!!!????!!! Or perhaps Sgt. Siler? That would be too cruel for words...
    sigpic

Comment

I too thought the Wraith looked too campy from the previews. Blue does not translater well as a skin color on TV. But oh well. Bring on the premire!
      "Everything done in weakness fails." ~Nietzsche

Comment

Actually I was thinking more in the lines of Fluffy!

JUST KIDDING!

One way to do it would be:

SG-whatever is captured by random System Lord.
        SG-1 + 2 other teams are sent to rescue them.
        Ends up with SG-whatever + the 2 other teams dying.

Then we would see how SG1 handles the emotions that would come after that defeat.

One wouldn't lose any main characters but they would still have to deal with the loss.
        More then they've shown mourning some some other character!

Comment

I agree with aAnubiSs... I want people to die. I want the enemy to be sooo evil and powerful that it seems like we dont have a chance. And then the Genii become our nemesis. But above the Genii are the Wraith.

spoilers.

Doggett ('s actor) dies in pilot. So does a bunch of SG members when Wraith attack Athos. That's what im talking about.

Comment

I saw some Wraith get shot... they don't fall down... that's cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
              Well ChevronNine has screen-caps from the Lowdown which had scenes from "The Rising".

I was quite disappointed by how they made the Wraith...

Spoilers:

From the synopsis (by Beagle) and other information about the Wraith, I imagined a very powerful race. The synopsis stated that the Wraith sent down "phantoms" or illusions that were forced into the minds into the denizens of the region by the Wraith psychic ability. This notion seemed awesome and ridiculously powerful. The Wraith would be so powerful that they didnt send down real units but confused denizens with illusions that attacked people until their real units could "shock" them.

However, the clips show a group of Wraith soldiers (3-5?) and a male Wraith commander/leader. The Wraith soldiers in one clip are getting shot down just like ... Jaffa Warriors. I truly hope they just tripped and they get back up. However, the commander apparently does not get shot down.

In Beagle's synopsis, it was stated that Wraith soldiers were easily shot down with Earth weapons (unlike the care-taker, who was shot down with the Wraith stunner). This makes the enemy weak. The idea of the Wraith instilled fear in me as I have had multiple nightmares surrounding them. However, these facts have eased those fears and I hope they are incorrect.

The Goa'uld, when they were a good enemy (that instilled fear), became a lame enemy that was evil, but mostly obnoxious. The Replicators, seemed like a notorious enemy, until Earth measly trapped them and O'Neill creates an Anti-Replicator weapon. The Wraith seemed awesome .... something that truly killed the Ancients. The Ancients did truly prove their greatness, but from these things, the Wraith do not stand up to that greatness.

One of the sketches of a Wraith identifies the slit on both sides of their face near their nose as an additional sense that helps them locate prey. THAT instills fear. THAT makes a good enemy. Not lacky warriors that get mowed down by Earth's measle weapons.
              I truly hope that I am incorrect and I hope someone can prove me wrong.

Actually, I on the lowdown they said that after the wraith get mowed down...they get back up. They are so hard to kill.

That was in the lowdown.
              It feels good to be alive.
              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

It kind of reminded me of the Unas when they get shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                  It kind of reminded me of the Unas when they get shot.
                  True...I think that makes them a lot more imposing as a bad guy...slowly getting up after they fall.

But...do Wraith warriors regenerate I wonder?
                  It feels good to be alive.
                  Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I agree the Wraith are a bit weak. The Wraith attack vessels in Rising(2) - Don't they have advanced shields? How could a bazooka down one of them? And after all this time they still can't counter the Ancient drones...

Comment

There needs to be more death in SGA because for every episode I have seen there has only been one death and the Atlantis team have been in trouble but has always came out of it unharmed (well harmed but will be back to normal very soon).

Also the Wraith needs to appear in more episodes seen as they only appear for brief parts of the episode and need to be made more evil and powerful.

I know this is now going off the subject a bit but why is it that in each episode the main team is the only team shown. They should have it so that on some episodes in he series, they show scenes of other teams, say on other planets as well as the main team (Sheppards team)

Comment

I thought all Wraith have regenerative capabilities. Maybe they cannot regenerate without a certain level of "Lifeforce" energy or whatever they call it. I personally like the Wraith, they appear to be a formitable enemy. Or course there has to be some angle that the Atlantis Team will come up with that hasn't be tried already. Probably biological in nature if I had to guess.

Comment

Working...
                        X